1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto corsa funny moments

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by Wafflecopter, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Wafflecopter

Wafflecopter Rookie

I run a small YouTube channel that focuses on funny moments. A couple of weeks ago I decided to play Assetto Corsa with a couple of friends, one who's bad at racing sims and another who always tries to ruin the race but never really does. This was the result. The video does have some language in it, nothing too bad, but this is just a warning.

2. Horus

Horus Alien

¦:•| Tried to watch but I cannot watch wrecking without getting slightly upset, some might find it funny but not me.

M3hdi and dESK0 like this.
  3. silicijevadolina

silicijevadolina Simracer

Funny? :confused:

M3hdi and dESK0 like this.
  4. Wafflecopter

Wafflecopter Rookie

Yeeeeeaaaah......... That's where I thought the viewers might laugh, but I guess people take Assetto Corsa way too seriously for anything to be funny in the game.

5. Horus

Horus Alien

It's a racing sim not a freakin' comedy store and what you videoed was outright wrecking! Yes, after spending many hundreds to thousands of pounds on hardware and software, reading books, years and years of time online/offline practice and improving my race craft and setup skills. I want to race with skilled individuals that think that wrecking, leaving the track, running wide because they don't know how to brake, smashing off the track furniture is exactly what I spent all that time and hard earned money for. Please add me to your Steam friends list as I seem to have missed the point of what RACING SIMULATION means.

Tut!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  6. Wafflecopter

Wafflecopter Rookie

Hi! How are you today? My name's Horus! I spend more money on a video game than it would take to just rent a track for 3 hours! Look at me, I'm racing around a track in a video game! One day, I'm going to be a real racer! I'm going to be the best of them all!

Here. I've added you to my friends list.

7. Wafflecopter

Wafflecopter Rookie

Jesus christ. You people are harsh.

8. Horus

Horus Alien

Oh! Goodie. Thousands of hours of sim racing or a few hours on track and not being allowed to really open up the car... Oh! I only ride motorbikes and have never wanted a car. One of those things, bike sims are ****e, car racing sims work well. Being a racer at heart guess what... Yes the racing matters not the format.

By the by, you spent way more on your stuff than me old boy. Then again I have kept buying new hardware since the mid 90's and I am sure it will continue. Shame I still find wreckers like you and your friends on a sim instead of the games made for the likes of you, Need for speed or one of the other "driving games". :)

P.S. Thanks for you SteamID, blacklist here I come. :p

9. Wafflecopter

Wafflecopter Rookie

A racer at heart? So am I. My grandfather owns a racetrack, I race there whenever I can. By the way, there are so, so many tracks where you can really just open up the car. Actually, you should go to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway sometime. I think it's something like $80 for 5 laps around the track in a Ferrari 458, you can go as fast as you want. Or, just go to any other track, where you can take your little scooter around the track for 3 hours and as fast as you want, for the same price. Also, clearly you haven't been buying new hardware for the past 4-5 years, seeing as your setup is way, way outdated. You probably struggle to run Xpand Rally on that thing.

Why are we arguing? We're arguing over a video game, that provides entertainment. Video games are never meant to be taken seriously, but clearly you forgot about that. Video games are just your life, right? I wonder how many times your mother has told you to get off your video game. How many times have you actually listened to her? Do you even know what has been happening for the past two days or so? Does Ferguson ring a bell? Maybe. Who knows. Here you are, screaming while playing Assetto Corsa because someone passed you. Now that he's passed you, your life of video gaming is ruined forever.

10. Horus

Horus Alien

:D Thank you. :)

P.S. 43 years young, don't live with my lovely mother anymore, moved out when I was 16. That's a whole other story. Nice to see your true colours young un. Take care.

P.P.S Xpand Rally, see I knew there was something I was missing. As for my old system, yes some parts are and some are not. Then again if I had a grand parent that owned a race track I would not be playing with "video games". Also I would not video me and my 'friends' wrecking and commenting on the humour of causing chaos on track. You are sweet with the love you share. Funny child.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  11. FadexXBond

FadexXBond Rookie

Wow, you people here are harsh! Give him a break! I have seen some other threads where the community was actually caring, but this is horrible! I saw the video before I saw this thread and I even commented on it. It was actually pretty funny. I think you may have blurred the lines between video games and reality. Take a step back and look at how you made this whole argument start. You could have kept your stuck up attitude to yourself and made things a WHOLE lot easier. It's a shame that my first post had to be this, but it had to be done. So stop thinking that you're better than everyone else and keep your comments to yourself.

12. Wafflecopter

Wafflecopter Rookie

This thread really didn't need a bump but OK....

They're mad because they think Assetto Corsa is real life.

13. FadexXBond

FadexXBond Rookie

I didn't see how old this was, my bad.