1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Track Baptism - Oculus Rift First Try

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by Youz36, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Youz36

Youz36 Gamer

Oculus Rift first try on Magione with Lotus EVORA S (Extra Engine sound!) on passenger seat.

Hard to identify brakes points with the OR but immersion was full.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
    hishutzi, lupo7530, Malsa and 2 others like this.
  2. hishutzi

hishutzi Rookie

Awesome vid! Just wondering if you had a heart attack when you turned to see the driver had no head!!?? Also have a few questions. Does the view inside the rift cover your entire fov? Are fps better considering the size of the screen? Any motion sickness? Most importantly, do you think this could actually help lap times or make them worse? I'm really thinking about getting one of these.

3. Stereo

Stereo Alien

I would wait for the high-res one, I've heard a lot that the viewing distance on the dev version is pretty bad due to not having enough pixels in the middle view. Good for first person stuff, not so good for racing, where you need 100+m look ahead.

4. hishutzi

hishutzi Rookie

Yeah, I was planning on waiting for the consumer released version. This just looks incredible. Then I started thinking about how awesome this would be with a true motion simulator (would have to be done properly of course, g-forces and so on). No huge monitor setup in front of you, just you in the rift...:eek:

5. kalabaleek

kalabaleek Simracer

When you know the track, you'll get massive feedback to brake points, curve tightness and speed feeling even in the devkit. Ad if you push HD to the control box you'll more like have a slightly blurred vision as your brain start to eliminate your perceived screen door effect. If the rift/devkit is great for FPS, it's damn awesome for racing. :)

I've been racing with it in rF, nKp and GTR since April, and just LOVE to be in the cockpit with headphones on. It's mindbendingly fun. :) Can only imagine the HD consumer Rift in there...

Stereo likes this.
  6. BoNI

BoNI Gianluca Bonifacio

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  7. kalabaleek

kalabaleek Simracer

What do you mean? Are you saying your rift is broken, that AC is broken or that your camera is poor? I don't get it. :)
    In AC and my Rift, both eyes get the same light and sharpness. It's only the world scale and IPD that's bonkered up for me.

8. BoNI

BoNI Gianluca Bonifacio

I'm saying that i put my phone in the rift and recorded what i see from the left lens. it is not a video that records what see on on the monitor, with fraps or similar...
    and yes, i'm also saying that my phone camera is poor.. :)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  9. kalabaleek

kalabaleek Simracer

But... Are you saying there's something wrong with the left contra right right part of the rift?

10. BoNI

BoNI Gianluca Bonifacio

no ... I have only shown what you see INSIDE the rift to those who said that the "dev version is pretty bad two to not having enough pixels in the middle view" or referring to the "screen door effect" that is not seen in the video ... without any criticism of anyone, of course. :)

11. kalabaleek

kalabaleek Simracer

Aha I see. Yes, I think it's more than enough resolution to race competitively with the rift when you push HD to it. Itäs like HD just with some screen door; or just see it as a thin net over your visor. And after a little while your brain just ignores it. :) So I can't imagine the awesomeness we'll feel with positional tracking in an actual high resolution consumer version without the screen door. Crazy stuff is coming to the sim racing community!

12. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

Welp, you just sold me a Rift. I'm pre-ordering as soon as I'm able to do so. Amazing video.

I've thought this for a while, too. I've tried motion simulators using standard monitors, and to me it wasn't so effective because I still had my actual surroundings in my peripheral vision. Motion simulator plus a Rift would be a blast, plus Buttkickers.

13. speedyyellow

speedyyellow Rookie

A motion sim will totally throw off the positional tracking though as even though you're sat still in the game world you're being thrown around in the real world.