1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New nvidia drivers 347.25 are really good!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by claudiopolez, Jan 24, 2015.

1. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

Just awanted to share, I've upgraded without doing any research and they turned out to be great: fps up to 20% higher, I run with everything on maximum setting except: aniso x8, reflection med, reflections freq med, smoke med, mirror smoke off. Speed blur, DOF- all on max. Goome loks fantastic and runs really well!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4 Fatal Error Crash [nvwgf2umx.dll - nvidia drivers] Aug 25, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Nvidia Drivers 445.75 - Image Sharpening causes UE Crash Mar 23, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality New Nvidia drivers 441.87 VR disconnects Jan 7, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Nvidia drivers discussion Jul 11, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Nvidia drivers 418.91 Caution Feb 13, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Updating Nvidia Drivers Sep 19, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Nvidia Beta Options in GFE with latest Drivers FILTERS!! Jan 19, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Latest Nvidia drivers 387.92 Issues with AC Oct 19, 2017
    Chit Chat Room struggling with nvidia drivers Dec 27, 2016
    Chit Chat Room In light of the recent buggy Nvidia drivers Nov 10, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assetto Corsa 5FPS with Nvidia drivers? Nov 5, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Best nvidia drivers for win7? Oct 24, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues A lot lower fps and performance since 1.3.3 (solved installing nvidia 355.98 drivers) Oct 24, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Triple buffer broken in recent nvidia drivers? Oct 24, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Latest nvidia drivers cashes Apr 10, 2015

3. rycil

rycil Simracer

very strange that you get better performance with such an old 680 as the new drivers are always optimized for new games and new card o_O

4. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

the colors on my sidescreens went back to normal so I'm one happy guy!

5. gundi

gundi Gamer

No performance boost here!:(

6. 20% higher that sounds amazing . What driver was you using before?

Mogster likes this.
  7. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

Not sure something quite old, 32o something. Settings in OP gave me about 50+ fps average with frequent drops into 40s and even occasional 20s - I had to play with DOF on medium and speed blur on medium too to get 60-70fps. Now I get 60-70 with these settings maxxed.

8. That explains it , their was what they called a wonder driver that came out a while back cant remember the number , so if u havent updated for a while then that will be why.

Octane and claudiopolez like this.
  9. Nao

Nao Alien

I was jumping from 347.09 to .25 and there was amazing 1% performance increase on GTX 660 OC'd... but considering that maaany earlier updated did not bring any improvements and that the card is kind of old... it's a PLUS! :D
    They definitely optimized some stuff on this update. (Also I run pretty low on special effects. It's possible that with things that use special architecture like anti-aliasing, reflections etc tuned up to High/max there would be a bigger increase.)

10. TassyDevil

TassyDevil Racer

I run with GTX 780Ti 3Gb Driver 340.52 and really no bad problems so "if it aint broke don't fix it" I reckon.
    If you research the Nvidia forum there are some unhappy customers that have changed over to 347.25.

I'll wait a bit longer I think before I jump.
    It has taken me this long to be happy with what I have got, nothing worse than having problems and to be p##### off with AC again.
    :):)

Jason Madigan likes this.
  11. Jok3sta

Jok3sta Racer

I started a thread about this a few days ago as well. Im definitely seeing a boost in performance. Not only in assetto but in other games as well

12. TassyDevil

TassyDevil Racer

I don't doubt there are improvements in the new drivers but I would be unlucky enough to be the one to stuff up.:mad:
    I suppose you could just roll back drivers but I don't know whether that always works out to go back correctly?

13. I agree with the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" philosophy. I installed the 337.88 drivers when my new PC arrived in August last year, and I am still using them. If you are installing the latest drivers to try and get your framerates up to 62 from 60 (for example), then you might want to reconsider in the future if it all goes tits up now. It's different if new drivers introduce additional features and upgrades that make a significant difference to your games, but releases of that type are generally few and far between.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
    nate likes this.
  14. g4b1bb097

g4b1bb097 Hardcore Simmer

They fixed broken over clock on mobile GPUs :D

15. rycil

rycil Simracer

if someone can remember the number of those magic drivers, that would be great! thanks.

16. Any driver after basically has the "magic" lol so just install the latest ones .

17. rycil

rycil Simracer

Sure, but can you imagine that my current drivers are newer that the magic ones, so that no need to update:rolleyes:

18. Zooke

Zooke Gamer

This was wise in the past when installing display drivers was a nightmare task you only attempted when you had lots of time to put things right. But nowadays, installing any version of a driver you want is so easy that you can pretty much have these things auto-update imo.

19. rycil

rycil Simracer

installing drivers with 3 screens rig can still turn into a nightmare! I have had once to reinstall Windows because of screen resolution that went wild :mad:

20. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Upgraded from September 2014 331.82 and can't really see much difference.

The fogging seems to be a bit more obvious, the ailiasing maybe look a little better...

21. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

Nvidia recommends everyone upgrade to these drivers. They unlock features and improvements on older cards after the release of new cards quite frequently. But if your good at configuring your card you might not notice improvments. If your running everything stock then you'll see some improvement.

The reason nvidia does this into maintain a degree of parity and not force developers to write backward compatable drivers in their games. Consoles do this also, over time drivers/firmware changes to access other memory regions etc.

It's the way of hardware evolution. The way to determine if you should upgrade is if it suggests it improves all supported card models. MSAA enabled for all cards now? Great! Otherwise they are writing drivers for specific game or supported 3rd party hardware features... But even these can help other games too as they enhance existing options on the cards.

I'll install these later today.

Johnnypenso and claudiopolez like this.