1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Has everyone's opinions on the booking system reversed?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Matty28, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

I have been wondering why the online seems so empty at times recently and why there seems to be the same few servers with people in (GTs at Spa, drift and Nord practice). Someone recently posted about how their server list was completely empty and it was because they had limited the search too much, so then I had a look at what my search restrictions were and I had it set to only show servers that don't require booking.

Now before when booking was the only way to join a server I saw loads of complaints about it and how it should be scrapped. Look what I found when I searched for non-booking vs when I searched for booking as well:
    No booking servers:
    1.png
    With booking servers:
    2.png

All these servers are public too. So were the people complaining before non-booking the vocal minority, has everyone's opinions changed in favour of booking or am I missing something?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error! on version 1.9.8 (the UE4 AC2 Game has crashed...) Mar 9, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting The UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close Line 95 [SOLVED] Feb 26, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close. Feb 25, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting The UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close Dec 2, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting The UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close - Fatal Error Oct 22, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 Game has crashed.. Oct 8, 2023
    ACC Physics Why the Ferrari 296 has no suspension? Aug 20, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting The UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close - Fatal error! Jul 22, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions IXR has League Nights on Friday's 7:30pm BST Jun 18, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting CLOSED: UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close Jun 7, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting The UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close May 18, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Error UE4-AC2 game has crashed and will ..... May 11, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting The UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close, text: Fatal error! Apr 28, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC Dedicated Server GUI has been updated to version 1.4.3.0 Apr 19, 2023

3. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I don't understand the booking thing at all. How does it work?

4. Booking servers show full because they are booked; not necessarily because there is actually people in them.

Matty28 and ears1991 like this.
  5. Quffy

Quffy Alien

My suggestion is for Kunos to change the default selected filters, it may confuse new users. So, basically the only thing pre-selected should be: "show servers that don't require booking". Maybe the ones with empty and full servers too, but the "show servers that don't require booking" is mostly the mandatory one.

nate and ears1991 like this.
  6. nijeat

nijeat Simracer

The point of the booking is to be able to gather people till race without having them join the server. But AC's booking doesn't work the way for now, that the booking is only allowed during booking session where is only waiting time, and once the session is over nobody is allowed to join. I think booking+the conventional system would be practical and nice that is kind of iracing style.

7. Bailey

Bailey Alien

This is the case. I don't think that the lack of people online is due to anything other than less people playing over time. The number of people are going to spike at updates/releases and lull/decrease in between.
    ~Bailey

Matty28 likes this.
  8. Bailey

Bailey Alien

If I understood that post correctly, you may be doing things incorrectly. Now that I think about it, AC booking is very much like iRacing.
    ~Bailey

9. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Servers with booking avoid people joining mid-race and using the track at the same time a race is running?

10. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

yes but that should be possible in freejoin mode after 1.1.

11. nijeat

nijeat Simracer

I'm talking about what joining is simply not allowed once the booking session is over. And I think allowing the booking up to qualifying would be fine even though there's some join lag.

12. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

is there actually a join lag though? the keygetys feejoin system is a mix of booking and pickup mode afaik and lets people join with cars without needing them definied in an entry list and theres no lag that i know of. guessing they went for the super limited system they did for the sake of potato pc's

13. nijeat

nijeat Simracer

The freejoin is completely free in lag wise because when you join the freejoin server you load all the entry beforehand, and that is why no lag even though someone joins the server during race.

Apart from that, the conventional system is bound to have lags as loading car. But nontheless it can postpone the loading until pit in.

14. Bailey

Bailey Alien

I am lost due to the choice of your words here.
    You are able to join the server after booking has finished, given that you booked.
    ~Baiely

15. nijeat

nijeat Simracer

Ahh right right, my bad sorry. I meant new booking-then-joining is not allowed.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
    Bailey likes this.
  16. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

Ah that would explain it. I will join a few and see if that's the case.
    Didn't you use it when it was the only way? You book a place in a server while it is in booking mode and then it allows you to join when booking is over.

17. booking with custom entry list are used in several leagues/communities, it prevents other people to join in case of a tournament event, etc.

Matty28 likes this.
  18. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Try highlighting the booking only tab.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

19. it is actually a bit confusing, we have some people in out league that miss races because don't understand about the booking, the filters, I know, there's 1 in 30 maybe with that problem, specially when you manage 2 servers, one for practice, pickup mode, and the qualy/race server using booking/entry list.
    i guess the best way to run servers for leagues is having one in pickup and the 2nd with booking until the qualify starting time/schedule. so you can request booking and meanwhile go to the other to practice.
    sorry for the off topic

20. martcerv

martcerv Alien

When there were only booking servers I never bothered to join many public servers. The system doesnt work with a limited booking time no book servers are a much better option for many reasons with public servers. For leagues a prebooked server works best most times but also a not book password server is good.

Main issues with the no book servers are not being able to close pits during a race, cars stuck on grid etc and these likely will be addressed in v 1.1.

Why not have a prebooked server for a league race, then everyone just joins when they want. Needing a booking period for a league just seems pointless to me, if your not sure who will turn up or how many just make it a no book server with a password. Surely there is a way to communicate amongst members via a forums or teamspeak and people missing races for such reasons is a little odd, its not rocket science after all. :D

ears1991 likes this.
  21. Niki Đaković

Niki Đaković Hardcore Simmer

Prebooked*

Yellow shows a prebooked person.
    White shows an actual person on server, who was also prebooked at some time before.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.