1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Really bored of people ruining online racing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ACJJ619, Nov 3, 2014.

1. ......that are never in use whenever I check them out.

2. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

Maybe you should swop your Forum activity to actual Racing activity :D

3. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

We had a GT3 (Spa ) server running for a couple of weeks but it was rarely populated and never full.
    I've been on the servers you refer to and have also been annoyed that the Mercedes isn't up-to-date server-side therefore can't be selected. It would probably be more popular than the GT2 server if it was.
    I won't copy other people's server combos so hopefully they'll update it soon.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Christopher Low likes this.
  4. It's rather strange that those servers haven't been updated since the version 1.03 release. I get the feeling that they have been abandoned, and that they will disappear when the payments run dry. Why else would they have not been updated?

Leemstradamus likes this.
  5. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

I usually only see one ALOOG server at a time.
    Never seen 5 servers at the same time from ALOOG.

6. You have quoted a comment of mine regarding servers that have not been updated, but then mention the ALOOG servers. These are NOT the ones that I was criticising. The ALOOG servers will have been updated immediately. I was referring specifically to the TeamWasted servers (there are 3 or 4 of them), and (as far as I am aware) all of these have not been updated.

7. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

There are usually 5 or 6 public ALOOG servers and 1 or 2 password servers running, depending on events/community wishes.

8. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

I think it's usually this:

A) sort mp servers by filled slots and/or unfilter empty servers
    B) get angry about all the servers are running the same popular, boring combos
    C) do not search an empty server with the combo you're interested in and be the first one
    D) instead go to the forum and open some thread / post to an existent one

bigbawmcgraw and martcerv like this.
  9. Another puzzling development is that the El Bandito servers are now just "track day" servers. I remember when the El Bandito GT3 server was quite popular, although unfortunately so was T1 wrecking :(

10. Some Guy

Some Guy Racer

Just a thought re: kicking wreckers (and others). Perhaps, rather than initiating a kick vote and hoping enough people press 'Y' to make it happen, it would be better if each player's desire to kick someone was "sticky." Here's what I'm thinking...

Joe Wrecker is waiting at the start/finish line to crash people. You go to the chat app and toggle the kick icon next to his name from off to on (like initiating a kick vote but it works differently). A message appears on everyone's screen "Flash Bazbo voted to kick Joe Wrecker." You only have to do that once and it remains in effect until you leave the server or explicitly turn it off again. If enough people toggle the kick icon next to Joe Wrecker's name then he gets kicked. If enough of the people that toggled the kick icon next to Joe Wrecker's name remain on the server then he can't get back on again, not until enough of the people that don't want him there have left the server (i.e. gets kicked and can't return as long as the quorum remains). As a side benefit, it gives the person being voted out an opportunity to plead their case and maybe convince people who were accidentally wronged to reverse their vote. More importantly, it effectively allows kick votes to occur over multiple practice/qualify/race sessions. People get to realize over time that someone is a wrecker rather than just blindly pressing 'Y' or 'N' or abstaining when a kick vote is initiated.

That's my idea anyhow. Maybe it could even be extended to include a sticky ban icon so that you don't have to keep toggling the kick icon every time you join a server and find that pesky "Joe Wrecker" is already on it.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
    youwerelucky, LeDude83, Hagen and 2 others like this.
  11. Minolin

wow, not a bad suggestion. You might add some un-kick-vote as well (can be the same button/icon) in case a player changes his mind. I often do if somebody is sorry.

12. Some Guy

Some Guy Racer

That's what I meant by toggling the kick icon. You could toggle it from off to on and then back to off again. Like you said, there's no harm in changing your mind if someone is sorry... or you realize it was a one-of mistake on their part.

13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Interesting idea but the main issue is that you really shouldnt vote to kick someone unless you saw them do something worth kicking over. Unless someone is a complete fool and wrecking everyone then they may only effect a few people and the rest would have no idea if the vote is justified or not. The amount of times I have seen people press the kick button when trying to spectate not knowing what that button is, is suprisingly fairly common. :D

sherpa25 and Christopher Low like this.
  14. Some Guy

Some Guy Racer

That's actually the issue I was trying to address. I often don't vote because I haven't personally witnessed bad behaviour. If not enough people are affected by someone, then they won't get kicked with my solution or with the one we already have. Maybe they shouldn't in that case. Over time, a persistent, deliberate wrecker will be noticed by everyone on the server. At some point, enough people will have toggled the kick icon to make him/her go away and stay away. As for not knowing what the button is, a confirmation message box would solve that. Kunos UI design seems to favour form over function though so I doubt a traditional solution like that is in the cards. ;)

15. Minolin

This suggestion is even getting better the more I think about it. Today a vote-kick is initiated by someone (more or less trustworthy), and then all can roll the dice - aeh no vote. This requires a quite high votum quorum (?), or you will have too many kicks. Remember, everybody gets asked "y" or "n" - and in the most cases people will press one of both just because on their stance to voting - not because they have seen anything. But they are forced to give an opinion in this moment.

Your idea moves the initiative to everyone who actually witnessed something. (Almost) nobody will come to a server and klick random kicks. In the result you can set a much lower threshold.
    And of course it's a long-term thing. Makes really some difference to the system we currently have.

I like this.

16. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

The one thing I disagree with in this hypothetical voting system is, showing who initiated the vote or even who voted yes or no.
    From experience with R07 the person being voted out will retaliate against those who voted to remove him, causing more carnage than otherwise.
    As much as there seems to be a disgruntled majority against the current voting system, (with the exception of separating kick v session) realistically it's about as good as we can hope for.
    Without going down the route of iRacing, experienced server admin is all that differentiates between good and bad public servers.
    I don't want to sound negative but I won't be holding my breath for a miracle 'cure' for wreckers....unless @Minolin can come up with something special :D

Minolin likes this.
  17. Minolin

Correct. This would escalate prett fast; if the potential wrecker is just informed that Anon has nominated him is sufficient. He can explain himself as well.

18. Some Guy

Some Guy Racer

I could live with things being anonymous, however, as far as retaliation is concerned, unless the wrecker has a bunch of friends on the server then he/she can only retaliate once against each of the people who want him/her gone. So the wrecker has a bunch of votes against him/her and a bunch of people have a single vote against them. "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."

I'm just proposing a system that's less of an instantaneous vote and more of a longer term collective opinion. I'm especially liking that I get to keep my eyes on the road and my hands on the wheel, where they belong when I'm racing, and I can take care of the house-keeping when I'm not racing. I don't have 'Y' and 'N' mapped so when a vote is initiated today I usually wreck or lose pace while I take one hand off the wheel and search for the 'Y' key if I really think someone should be kicked, or I just don't bother voting at all. I think a lot of votes fail because of that even though the collective opinion might be that someone needs to be gone.

Now back to the anonymous thing... is anonymity really such a good thing? Anonymity seems to be the thing that leads to escalating conflicts. The internet is living proof of that. If you have to have your name shown when you vote to kick someone then just maybe that'll make people think twice about whether or not they really think someone should be kicked in the first place. I think open and honest is a good thing in this case. That's just an opinion though.

offcorsa likes this.
  19. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

You may have misunderstood my definition of retaliation.
    If Mr wrecker sees you've initiated a vote against him or even voted to kick him, 9 times out of 10 he's going to wreck you if he comes near you on track.
    There are progs out there that allow you to map keyboard strokes to your wheel.

20. offcorsa

offcorsa Simracer

I think Some Guy is on the right track here so to speak.

the anonymity is really the only question. I see a lot of kick votes initiated because of unintentional contact. if the vote initiator knows his name will be shown to the kick'ee', there may be more incentive for him to enquire if is was accidental.

however there are still those that are overcome by the 'red mist' and will fill the chat with cursing and belligerence. Those with bad attitudes and anger issues will always have them no matter what.