1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Fanatec v2 base + carbon formula wheel + table clamp question

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by C3PO, Feb 13, 2015.

1. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

Hi - I am a bit embarrassed to post this but here goes. I have just received my new V2 base, Formula carbon wheel and table clamp. First of all - wow - they are so "substantially" built, impressed! But I am a bit confused about how to attach the V2 base to the table clamp.

1. Do I unscrew the angled base that already comes fitted to the V2, and attach the vanilla unit to the table clamp - or do I attach the (V2 + attached angled base) to the table clamp? If so, where exactly?
    2. How do the supplied screws hold themselves tight through the clamp into the unit? I cannot see any nuts supplied to hold them in? What stops them working loose?

Would be grateful for any pix of users' solutions as clearly I am totally rubbish in this area.

cc: rF2, AC, iRacing forums!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec ClubSport V2.5 Wheelbase Jul 21, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Abnormal FFB on wheelbase fanatec v1.7.10.0 Mar 21, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec 2,5 wheelbase Nov 27, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Fanatec - DoR Base vs In-game Dec 13, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel Base 1.1 on XBox One Jun 23, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Thrustmaster TS-PC or Fanatec Wheelbase 2.5 Jun 13, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals [Fixed] Fanatec Formula V2, Wheelbase V2.5 goes Crazy Jun 10, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Base fanatec no longer responds May 16, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Rumble Support for Fanatec V3 Pedals without Fanatec Base like in Raceroom Jun 25, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals FANATEC CSW BASE 2.5 AND CSL ELITE PEDALS LC Jun 12, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec CSL Elite Wheelbase (PS4), McLaren Wheel, settings Jan 20, 2019
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues AC SETUP MENU - FANATEC CLUB SPORT WHEEL BASE Dec 8, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals No FFB with Fanatec Base v2 Sep 13, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Fanatec Clubport V2 base V3 Pedels 1.5 Shifter, keep unbinding. May 4, 2018
    Steering wheels discussions Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel Base Belt Tensioners Mod Feb 18, 2018

3. Aqib

Aqib Gamer

This review helped me set up mine when I first got the table clamp: .

You can use the angle adaptor or take it off. I preferred leaving the angle adaptor on and I removed the front bit of the table clamp (see video review).

The holes in the clubsport base are threaded (the holes on the angle adaptor are also threaded) so it is all very secure once the screws are in.

I wish fanatec provided detailed instructions for thier products... I always have to look at reviews to find stuff out.

Deleted member 113167 and C3PO like this.
  4. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

heh, I will be dealign with same thing , hopefully soon enough, so it's actually great to know in advance

C3PO likes this.
  5. some1pl

some1pl Alien

I did the same thing as Aqib. I removed the front, adjustable part of the table clamp and attached the CSW with the provided angled mount to the flat part of the table clamp. I also removed the mounts for shifter on the right side. Makes the whole thing lighter and easier to attach to the desk.
    The adjustable part of the table clamp is too weak for CSW and makes the whole thing wobble if you attach the wheel base to it.

C3PO likes this.
  6. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

Thank you guys!

7. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

This is exactly what I did. I removed the "movable" anlged plat from the clamp itself and attached the fixed angled base directly to the clamp. Feels rock solid now. Thanks everyone very much. Turned a few laps - wow, need to turn down the FFB!!

8. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

Ok guys -- got everything set up physically ... now, an issue with the calibration. I have installed the latest firmware and the wheel has gone through its start-up turning phase and centred, incorrectly, slightly to the left. On the LED is a flashing CAL indicator. I have pressed - as per the instructions - the analogue Stick and the FunkySwitch at the same time to auto calibrate again. Issue is, I have pressed them - and event held them down together - yet it is still flashing CAL. Am I missing something?

9. Aqib

Aqib Gamer

A quick double click (instead of a single click) does it for me

10. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

Don't worry - all sorted!

11. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

Thank you everyone for your replies!

I took out the bolt holding the adjustable plate on the table clamp, removed that changeable plate and attached the fixed angled plate (that already came with the wheel) to the clamp. It is now as solid as a rock!!

I had the FFB at 90% in one session and the wheel remained rock solid ... just everything else was moving!!! Will write a little review of my new wheel after a week or so of use. First impressions, very nice!

ATT_1423995001166_DSC_1189 (1).jpg

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
    Deleted member 113167 likes this.
  12. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

The actual wheel in the new Nissan LMP1 car. Looks familiar ;)

IMG_20150219_180516.JPG

13. kjelle

kjelle Racer

I had to keep the angular adjustment, due to my desk height. Needed to angle it somewhat downwards. Really no problem with stability. Had to tighten the allen screws in the steering weel holder though, before that the wheel vobbled.
    I guess instructions to remove the axle in the angular adjustment, to be able to access the mounting holes, could have been included...
    It takes a while to adapt to a new wheel, my lap times increased to a start, getting lower now.
    I have the CSWv2 + 918 wheel + CSS SQv1.5 combo.

14. Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Racer

hope your desk is a sturdy one, received my V2 base and wheel rims in the last few weeks and boy has this baby got some power, had to really bolt down my GT Omega Evo rig :)

15. Aqib

Aqib Gamer

It is a bit of a beast. I have gone back to my v1 this week and the difference is massive. The power and smoothness of the v2 is on another level. You don't notice how good it is till you go back to what you had before :cool:

16. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

I'm pretty sure that's just a placeholder, but it is kinda funny that the one being showed there is the same one as the fanatec :p

17. This is great to hear.

18. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

FWIW, I like the adjustable angle-mount and have had no trouble with it (on an admittedly very sturdy built-in desk).

C3PO likes this.