1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why are 90% or mp races spa and gt2 or gt3 cars?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by drdoomslab, Jan 5, 2015.

1. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I know a couple of guys who chose the BMW GT2 for this reason, then realised they could go quicker than with the 458. But everyone knows the 458 is much quicker ;)

2. Mogster

Mogster Alien

The M3 GT2 had a lot of the GT2 technical rules waived to make it competetive, in the end too many. After all a saloon car hardly makes the ideal basis for a modern endurance racer...

3. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

GT cars are easier to drive, and considering many online have trouble keeping the car on track for 10 laps straight even without any other cars around, it's the easiest way to have a race experience, go relatively quick, without fearing for trouble at each tricky corner, let alone attempt a pass.

I run one GT3 and one Ruf server. Must say that the Ruf server is practically always empty...

(so is the GT3 one, to be fair, but a little less so ;) - sometimes it seems we have more servers than racers on the US West Coast....)

For me personally, my favorite form of motorsport is GT3 endurance racing, and that's my sim preference as well.

4. Rickne

Rickne Hardcore Simmer

Sorry I really havent been on top of this thread but I do have a few questions.

Do you need to select non booking only servers? Booking servers are NEVER in booking mode and seem like they are targetted towards private races. The ones in non booking are usually GT cars. Or for god sake stop choosing the S1 Exos and go for the regular 125. Or better yet guys the GP2 car mod has soon to be updated with the 95% issue fixed. So I really hope to see more of that up there.

I wanna see some variety out there.

5. I wouldn't bother with booking mode servers for public online racing. Pick up and play is what we want.

6. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Most street car server got dumb combination of cars. Example: all bmw's only, while they won't match that good.

If someone would do bmw e30 vs Alfa qv or lotus exige vs evora vs m3 vs 1m s3 vs ...
    Something like this is atleast competitive

Overall most people can't drive slower cars, sadly

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  7. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Common problem in most online games, regardless of genre. People get fixated on some map, not necessarily the best one. It's just sort of mass thing, they see that Spa servers fill up, so they make a Spa server. Soon everyone is chanting "Spa" and forget all else. They often say it's the best map/track, but cannot give any arguments. It's like a popular radio song, it's usually pretty bad music, but it gets air time, so it becomes popular. I don't say Spa is a bad track. But why some people whine about AC having not enough content, when you play just 1 track? :D

GT3 cars are easy to drive, so less hassle and collisions. Personally I would rather play on Ferrari F40 only -server. Don't see anything wrong with all playing with the same car.

If collisions are a problem, make the races shorter. Just a few laps, then if someone spins, his gaming night is not ruined for next 1 hour.

victor86 likes this.
  8. Biggest reason for so many servers at Spa is the inability for track rotation. (one of AC's biggest flaws IMO)

Alessandro Greghi and Shaddix like this.
  9. Imho, people choose GT3/GT2 races it's because it remind them the notion of race / competition,
    instead of using s1 / s3 version of some cars that are very fun too.

My personal preference are the e30 DTM (can't stop playing this car lol), and the Mazda 787B mod, i love all the other cars as well, no preference for tracks.

Anyway, it's very hard to find a combo that attract us (the server is full/empty, already in race, in practice mod you already see that some are playing Mario Kart instead :rolleyes:)

Some time you just need SOME luck lol :)

Cheers !

10. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

because it's the most popular form or racing

11. Blame

Blame Alien

The fastest most cheapest cars to handle in today's modern racing. That's why GT1 was switched out with GT3.

12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Really, that is one of AC's biggest flaws. It has nothing to do with the server admin choosing Spa over every other track, also nothing to do with the people choosing this combo over all others if it is infact most popular. You choose the track you put on your server the fact that there is no rotation doesnt mean you can only use Spa. ;)

When I run it on my servers the driving standards are worse then any other combo so clearly its not because people are more familiar with these cars on this track. Main reason I avoid it on my servers mostly is because it brings out all the worst drivers and the servers are a complete mess needing a full time babysitter in order for anyone to be able to get in some proper racing.

esox71 likes this.
  13. So you quoted my post yet gave no reason why Spa is so popular online; look, it's nice you are my biggest fan and all, but really, if you have nothing to add just don't post. In fact, according to you it shouldn't be popular at all, yet the fact remains that it is the most popular track online.

14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Seeing you quoted me without reading why quote it lol. Maybe read what you quoted first and also what I quoted and my response to that or did you not even read the crap you wrote. :D

15. I assume that you can choose any track that you want on your own server, so I don't see why lack of track rotation is the reason why so many have Spa loaded.

16. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

location specific.
    Touring Cars would give them a massive run for their money on many servers, but no love from Kunos for Touring Cars.
    Some guy (*cough) is making a brilliant Nissan Primera BTCC car, but other than that TC is a little thin on the ground. :(

Tim Meuris and Patrik Marek like this.
  17. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

I'd love to see more road cars on slower tracks. Isn't nice to have a million lotuses nobody uses?

18. I would love to see more road cars on any tracks!

jim jones and Slavc like this.
  19. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Personally i find cars with sharper and stronger FFB more engaging to drive and GT cars falls into this class. Cornering at much higher speeds is a great fun too. GT cars feels easy to drive, however when you try to drive as fast as possible (relatively) they can bite hard if mistakes are made. I find GT cars well balanced with not too much power. While many supercars/hypercars feel like sprint cars because of their uber max speed and low cornering speed.

Matty28 likes this.
  20. leletto

leletto Racer

Just join the server you like, even without drivers in it. I assure you that you will drive alone just for a few laps, and then people will come.
    I run 4 servers with different track/car combination and they're always empty, until I join one and drive.

Nao, bigbawmcgraw and Quffy like this.