1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why are 90% or mp races spa and gt2 or gt3 cars?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by drdoomslab, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

Exactly.
    They wont be populated unless you start populating them. So the reason why there are populated servers with spa + gt3 is you.
    If there weren't any server feat. roadcars at not so popular tracks you could complain, but even then: start your own server.
    It can be run on the same pc you are racing with.

Minolin likes this.
  2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Yea peeple only want to join servers with others so if you and a couple friends join something different quite likely the server will fill fairly quickly. Not that full servers are always the best thing but at least it will be someone different to crash into you each race. :D

3. hooligan|uk

hooligan|uk Simracer

Dont people like any other cars or something???

I look through the server list and the only busy servers are the GT2/3 servers,if Im lucky I see some e30/m30 servers that have players.But 70% of busy servers are the same thing.

Such a shame,we have all these beautiful cars to play with and its the same thing over and over.Im not saying I dont like GT2/3 I love em but its nice to play something else as well.Like wheres there supercar servers?? FXX,Hyurai etc them cars are great fun to drive but no-one is.Had a race round magione in the E92 last night and what a race,drifting and power sliding round the corners was a right laugh.

Theres such depth to the cars in assetto,but everyone just wants to race the super average and kinda boring GT2/3 cars.I really hope Kunos give some kinda incentive to using these other cars soon.Maybe some kinda online achievements,point system or something.

(and yes I know join a league etc etc but sometimes I just wanna play)

haha Started a thread with this post,didnt see this one so excuse if my post has already been said in these 6 pages :)

I'll just add tho....I played a LOT of forza,and that game was great cause you could easily host pick the track,car combo then host your own server and people will join.Im sorry I know you can create your own server,but Ive tried and tried and so far no luck.I just want a HOST button on MP menu :)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  4. Quffy

Quffy Alien

For example there was a time when several servers chose f40 vs ruf. Now idk, I haven't raced online nor checked the listing for a while. Before the ruf ctr release, I didn't see servers hosting the ferrari f40. So there was some car competition. With the GTx cars there's competition. My assumption is that offline people race/practice other types of cars than what they do online, so I think online is mostly between competition.

Leemstradamus likes this.
  5. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

Simply create your own server and problem solved. Why do you even ask such a dumb question? :p

6. hooligan|uk

hooligan|uk Simracer

Not sure what you mean here.

Yea theres competition but then theres fun.I dont care where I finish as long as I have a good race.

Would love to see these aliens who are whacking in 2:15's in gt2's on spa race as well in something else.And man isnt it boring being 4 seconds quicker than everyone else?? Dont people wanna drift and powersilide round a track a bit?? race round something different in a different car?? Assetto may as well just be a GT2/3 simulator.Kunos need to try and do something.

7. djtopa

djtopa Hardcore Simmer

I also wanna know are there servers without 8,10 laps & most of them are Spa :(
    I would even pay just to have races around 4 laps with FFX,Zonda R or road cars like M3,135i etc anything but GT3,2 and SPa hahaha

8. Quffy

Quffy Alien

It's the fun competition I'm talking about. What I mean is that is fun and interesting to have a race between the f40 and ruf. Is like an iconic race. But other than that, imagine if we'd only have the mclaren gt3 in the game, I bet you'd see few or no servers using it. But because there's some competition, not competition with prizes and podiums, but the fun and interesting factor, which puts on a track the several cars of GT3. People find it good to race a series of cars, not so much one car that is the same but only changes the skin, but each car has its strengths and weakness, like the GT cars.

9. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I think there are quite a few cars that can compete against each other like gt. im not a fan of the gt cars and never venture outside my own server tbh. I found rsr to be a useful resource for finding cars that can compete on a given track (until it got wiped... given time it will be useable again though.) all of the drift spec cars + 1m s3 are a similar pace. at faster tracks like watkins or monza you can chuck the exige 240s3 in the mix as well. I really dont like the dedicated servers that stay with the same car track combo for decades. if you want variety, host your own server and add decent players to a private steam group. ive spent 20+ hours hosting on the weekend before with only 1 or 2 races lol. now I just leave the steam group chat open and fire up the server when friends join. I think it works quite well.

10. hooligan|uk

hooligan|uk Simracer

If people didnt ask dumb questions,where would you type your dumb replies ;)

Im looking at the servers now,the only intresting one's need ya to book ?? wtf that even mean?? but they are nigh on full,doesnt that say the intrest is there in anything other than GT2/3.

I am gonna grab a server very soon(fiver a month ya cant go wrong) and Im gonna make sure its gonna be everything apart from gt2/3 and spa but then it will always be empty so I will change it ;)

bondyboy and Leemstradamus like this.
  11. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Just took a screenshot for what the servers offer around noon in Europe, on a Tuesday.

[​IMG]

12. That's nice, Quffy. Please do feel free to post it.

13. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

LOL he did, check his spoiler :p

Christopher Low likes this.
  14. Remind me to wake up next time before I post anything on this forum :oops:

By the way, three of those servers visible in the screenshot are only practice servers, so (as far as I am concerned) they are useless. I want to race when I go online. It's also worth noting that I have never seen a successive group of servers as busy as that at times when I can get online. Obviously noon on a weekday isn't exactly the optimum time, since a large percentage of the AC userbase will be at work!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  15. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Wrong, this is not what servers offer, but what people chose. Cross-quote myself:

Do the same with "include empty servers" and sort by ping. This is no offense to you, just a cannot-be-stressed-enough fact: Go to the server you want to drive on, and endure some minutes alone. This is the only way to get away from this situation (that is boring indeed). There's no "they", just "you".

bigbawmcgraw likes this.
  16. pojkofd00m

pojkofd00m Gamer

I think each server owner had time to try differents track/car combo and just selected the one attracting more people.

17. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus Hardcore Simmer

It really comes down to the online backbone. Ac is extremely limited and it shows. Iracing has the best online experience, but I don't like the physics and ac has the most diverse selection of cars but I don't like the public servers. If only I had the smarts to create a service like iracing for assetto corsa. But alas they're are so many who don't want to pay for anything. It would probably flop.

18. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

I'm not surprised at all. imo racing cars will be used more to compete online and road cars to drive offline
    that's another reason why I prefer race cars over road cars. and there are a lot of roadcars in ac.... :-(

just my 2 cents

19. viewtiful_

viewtiful_ Rookie

quote: This is a racing sim. Not a gt2/3 car sim. Why is practically everyone wanting more GT2/3 cars? Dont we have enough already?

Kunos: Great idea let's make a GT only sim.

20. Holy thread revival, Batman!

On a more serious note, the lack of popularity with respect to road car race servers has baffled me from day one, and it continues to do so. I have been driving quite a few of the mid to high performance road cars at Barcelona (a handful of laps each) recently, and I get more fun out of that than I do racing any of the modern race cars. It seems to me that racing the road cars gives you the best of both worlds (enjoyment of racing and enjoyment of driving at the same time), but the AC community evidently does not feel the same way as I do. It is a shame, because it effectively rules out online racing for me these days :(

Maybe one day, when the Sun is nearing the end of its lifespan, Earth is too hot for life except at the poles, and the last survivors of the human race seek shelter from the searing heat in Antarctic caves, a few lucky souls who still have Steam and Assetto Corsa installed on their legacy PCs will finally understand the great opportunity that their ancestors missed in the 21st Century ;)