1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What will Kunos give as on Christmas :) (update 0.4)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Qusso, Dec 7, 2013.

1. plaid

plaid Alien

You can activate the AI with Strg/Ctrl+C for your car. But It drives like its on drugs. Even goes out on a straight line, not to mention turn, with the F40 on Monza.
    Dont know if this was allready mentioned. Seems an earlier stage then we saw in the video or its depending on track/car.

Overall I dont know if the idea to let the ai drive with the real physics is that good.
    Besides it will take a high amount of cpu power, there will be probablyweeknessses that make it suck it various situations.
    Example: At the starting in the pulk, it isnt that easy to make it drive offensive, so not just wait till the situations is clear, so its get taking over, and at the same time make no big mistakes and crashes into others.
    In some games its piss easy to let the AI crash, cause it cant deal with bumps from the player.
    Overall AIusually suck in fights.
    Hope Kunos manages it, that they drive competent without the impression, they dont want to win and are just there for company.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  2. plaid

plaid Alien

OK, somehow the AI is allready good in this case. Cant manage that with ini-changes, so I guess the guy worked with the crypted data. :(

Hope Kunos will make 1on1 races (besides drag) with AI possible on christmas.

3. plaid

plaid Alien

Have to correct myself, the person doesnt had to change the crypted data.
    Please no PM's. Dont want that Kuno's get angry. :p

4. Modul8

Modul8 Rookie

It's indeed rather trivial to activate the race/custom grid option, but at this point in time i would advise against it as the AI version currently in the game is not ready. (there's a reason why it's not in the game...)
    Yes, it's fun to see a dozen other cars at the grid revving their engines, but that's about it. First half of the grid goes ballistic in the first corner and piles up in the tires, other half is still fumbling around at the starting point trying to decide what to do.

So just a bit more patience with the AI, i'm sure the devs will release it asap when they feel it is ready to be shown ;)

5. plaid

plaid Alien

Racing against 1 is possible, like you can see in the video. Would be cool, many cant appreaciate drag-racing, got instantly bored after one attempt.

6. Simon Roberts

Simon Roberts Simracer

I want to try it just to see how many frames we get with a grid full of cars. Any tips on how to try this?

7. magicaldog

magicaldog Guest

24 December = AI

Cote Dazur likes this.
  8. LORENZOO

LORENZOO Gamer

Why not sharing? It makes me mad i want to try like simon roberts and see how much frames I got. I hate people who post video to feel good about themselves...

9. plaid

plaid Alien

Maybe he just wanted to show us how great it is (the video with the 599). He archived that,cause Im working on an custom ini, but there is no example for a race, besides the drags, so its guessing and try and error. Drives me mad.
    I simply wouldnt tell it, if i archive it (car is there but doesnt move and no start-procedure), cause I dont want to be banned.
    So does he probably.

10. LORENZOO

LORENZOO Gamer

yeah like kunos can ban from youtube... there are plenty of other forums/Website. It has been posted on youtube, race department, virtualr...

11. plaid

plaid Alien

I can only show you the results how it doesnt work.

Attached Files:

sketchyterry likes this.
  12. LORENZOO

LORENZOO Gamer

Omg you are such a troll. Get your moment of glory then

13. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

That would add awesomeness to awesomeness.:D

14. plaid

plaid Alien

I read in the steam forums, that there shouldnt be a problem with giving the ini away.

I managed to make Mugello usable with one F599XX, Zonda is the players car. You can modify it but beware: I only tried it with Mugello the 599 and the Z4GT3, later drives like hes on lsd, this will probaly the case with many other cars or tracks, you have to test it, im tired. ;)

go into steam/assettocorsa/content/specialevents and make a folder named SPECIAL_EVENT_23 and copy an event.ini from another folder and place this in it:
    ---

[EVENT]
    NAME=AI Testing
    DESCRIPTION=Race Session

[SPECIAL_EVENT]
    GUID=23

[RACE]
    TRACK=mugello
    MODEL=pagani_zonda_r
    CARS=2
    AI_LEVEL=100

[GHOST_CAR]
    RECORDING=0
    PLAYING=0
    SECONDS_ADVANTAGE=0
    LOAD=1
    FILE=
    ENABLED=0

[LIGHTING]
    SUN_ANGLE=60
    TIME_MULT=1
    CLOUD_SPEED=0.2

[GROOVE]
    VIRTUAL_LAPS=3
    MAX_LAPS=3
    STARTING_LAPS=3

[TEMPERATURE]
    AMBIENT=19
    ROAD=23

[SESSION_0]
    NAME=Race Session
    TYPE=3
    SPAWN_SET=START

[CONDITION_0]
    TYPE=WIN ; WIN
    OBJECTIVE=1

[CAR_0]
    MODEL=pagani_zonda_r
    SKIN=default
    DRIVER_NAME=4thworld
    NATIONALITY=Planet Earth
    AI_LEVEL=

[CAR_1]
    MODEL=ferrari_599xxevo

SKIN=1
    DRIVER_NAME=4thworld
    NATIONALITY=Planet Earth
    AI_LEVEL=100

---

Ingame go to special events and choose AI Testing.-
    Have fun! :)

FUORIGIRI and Simon Roberts like this.
  15. plaid

plaid Alien

Proof.

PS: Im not the one with the youtube-video.

AH! I forgot something: Restart doesnt work with the AI, you need to leave the race and choose the event again in the mainmenu.

Attached Files:

16. Jack_NL

Jack_NL Simracer

wauw works perfect with a 599 as player and as 1 ai car on vallelunga,
    with 2 ai cars things go wierd

thanks for sharing,

17. plaid

plaid Alien

Yeah, I just took the Zonda as player to have variety. I dont like cup-races, as I dont like mirror-matches in fighting games. ;)

18. An excellent point was brought up at RD and I'll bring it here:

To those of you that can't wait for AI and will be doing this "mod" please don't make videos of it....Having a bunch of AC cars crashing into each other and generally looking retarded doesn't do Kunos any favors when unknowing people watch them and don't realize that this feature isn't released for a reason.

luchian, hsv45, Hagen and 9 others like this.
  19. Modul8

Modul8 Rookie

If you want to try out a full grid for performance testing go to:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\launcher\themes\default\modules\earlyaccess

Open the file earlyaccess.js (any code editor or just notepad), find following line: "#drive .tabs li[data-mode=quickrace]", edit it so it looks like: //"#drive .tabs li[data-mode=quickrace]",
    This will comment the line out of the code and make the menu for quick race active where you can set up a custom grid.

You can fiddle around and comment out the other lines aswell if you want to be able to select a single / random grid. It should give you at least an indication of fps performance.

Keep in mind when enabling the quick race option like this, the AI won't work at all and just go off the track in the first corner. I have not explored the other option like Plaid suggested.

Combined with what is on other forums, now you have all the info to get your moment of Glory aswell. Just try not to call people "*****s" on other forums because you're unhappy next time....

20. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

nice, thanks for sharing, not much of a hit on fps, cant wait to race properly