1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Gt3 cars unbanned at nordschleife, however...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by PhenOm, Apr 7, 2015.

1. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

So, just read a Dutch article which says that the GT3 & GT4 car ban has been lifted at the Nordschleife.
    However, there have been drastic rule changes:
    - 5 % less power for the top-class cars.
    - Flugplatz, Schwedenkreuz & Antoniusbuche have a speed limit of 200kph
    - Top speed on the long straight (Döttinger Höhe) is 250 kph.
    - No more spectators at critical points like flugplatz until better safety can be assured.

idk but this kinda ruins the track imo. Especially the speed limit at Schwedenkreuz Antoniusbuche & Döttinger Höhe are too drastic. The speed limit at Flugplatz seems normal since it's a real critical point due to the massive height difference over such a small distance. Also, the whole BoP is now 'ruined' since cars who had the benefit of extra engine power (Nissan GT3, Bentley, ...) will now have less chance to even compete for victory since these cars lack seriously in the aero department.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118388
    http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story/nurburgring-gt3-ban-lifted-update-040715

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Does there Comes More GT3 Cars to ACC? May 31, 2021
    ACC Gameplay GT3 cars have GT4 labels when single player mode is in GT4 and a career is started/continued Feb 27, 2021
    Steering wheels discussions What would lock to lock be in the GT3 and GT4 cars? Aug 10, 2020
    ACC Physics how much downforce roughly do gt3 cars produce? Jul 4, 2020
    ACC General Discussions GT1 or past GT3 cars Mar 24, 2020
    ACC Physics GT3 Cars and Dual Clutch? Oct 26, 2019
    ACC Physics GT3 cars weight. Jun 30, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals 1.0: Steer Lock not consistent between cars [Fanatec GT3RS] May 30, 2019
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Getting GT2 cars with GT3 tag Nov 27, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Impact of fuel weight on GT3 cars Sep 21, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Using ABS in modern racing cars (GT3 GT4 P1GTR FXXK) Jul 11, 2018
    Audio Bugs & Issues No engine sound from the ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017 cars May 1, 2018
    Console Lounge gears settings gt3 cars Dec 5, 2017
    Chit Chat Room More ffb detail in some GT3 cars? Aug 2, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Favourite GT3 Cars? Jun 16, 2017

3. kosh

kosh Racer

haha.
    Speed limit on a racetrack.
    This can only happen in Germany!

or like we say: "Die haben doch ne Meise!"

4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I guess if top speed is now 250kmh then all cars will just run max downforce setups, this will likely keep them under the 200kmh at the other spots. This will just increase cornering speeds but should make them safer over crests as cars like the GTR would have been running very low downforce to get their speed advantage in the faster sections. I wonder if they will be allowed more front downforce as if they cant get more there then adding rear aero will just make them all understeer through most sections. If drivers are needing to lift through the 200kmh sections this will be quite awkward so would seem better to use more aero to keep the straightline speeds down and get the cornering advantage. Seeing nobody will have the edge on them down the straights it may still make it interesting, at least they should have some vln races before the 24hr to see how these rule changes effect the racing.

5. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Simracer

I don´t know if the Speedlimit will work. The one driver breaks earlier the other later for the Speedlimit-Zone...= rear-end collisions?
    The other thinks are good. Less power and no more spectators at critical points.

But the Speedlimits...puuuh.

6. HackMac

HackMac Racer

:eek:Oh dear...
    First no F1 race and now this. We German race fans are in trouble.

And I hear already the demand to implement these rules in the new penalty system :confused:

Dream1979 likes this.
  7. plaid

plaid Alien

I dont get it. Just no spectators on every critical point and prevent the cars from flyin by remove parts of the underbodyplate (dont know how those things are called in english) or additional aeroparts.

8. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Those plates under the body won't be removed since those plates also protect the gearbox (anything that's otherwise visible from under the vehicle) from any damage.
    The speed limit at flugplatz is understandable but I don't get all the other limits. It's just bs.

Dream1979 likes this.
  9. TMoney

TMoney Gamer

Very disappointing. I completely understand safety as a number one priority, but there are better ways of accomplishing this without ruining the racetrack.

Careful placement of spectators, good. Speed limit on a long straight? Not good. Usually if a track proves too dangerous and/or too fast, there's ways to reduce speed through certain areas without implementing a speed limit. Changed to chicanes or addition of other obstacles to keep speed in check.

I hope they find a better way of accomplishing this.

Patrik Marek and kofotsjanne like this.
  10. Mogster

Mogster Alien

If you read the Austosport article these are short term measures so the imminent events can go ahead with the entry list as expected.

Medium term they will look into more permanent measures.

witoldinho, Traind and yusupov like this.
  11. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

This all seems like the kneejerk days after Senna 94, when a temporary tyre chicane was hastily installed at Barcelona, then a temp chicane at Eau Rouge. They were all gone the following year.

BubbaZ, yusupov and burrito like this.
  12. pomaranc747

pomaranc747 Gamer

Speed limits on racetrack but no speed limit on highway, GJ Germany.
    They just shouldn't let people sit in stupid spots and everything would be OK.

Turk, Vec61, kosh and 4 others like this.
  13. Anything is better than changing an iconic track.

14. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

If the teams use increased down force to slow the cars down on the straits, the result is when they go off in a corner, they go off at a higher speed.

Much better ???

KATE4APEX

15. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Is this all related to that flying Nissan that I have seen in some youtube videos?

16. Mogster

Mogster Alien

It's been changed lots over the years, what we have today is very different to the track Jim Clark raced on in the 60s.

Horus likes this.
  17. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Flying Nissan + 1 spectator died.

18. burrito

burrito Alien

DON'T MENTION THE C-WORD :D

Seriously tho. Changing the nords? For one accident? It's racing, maybe I'm harsh but stuff like this happens. No way are you going to guarantee absolute safety when there are 50+ cars capable of 250kmh+ blasting round a track that has no gravel traps/impact absorbers for 30+ laps. And the speed limit is going to occasionally cause issues like the previous AC penalty system. Two cars jostling for position and then suddenly the front one slows down because his car has less aero so the driver behind is taken un-awares.

Knee-jerk as @Ben Lee says. Sad that even the Green Hell isn't protected from this kind of legislation.

Tucker73, Deatroy and Dream1979 like this.
  19. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

if it's a temp solution then good, but it really should be enough to not allow spectators into critical zones,
    however things will always happen

don't ruin racing because of the risk ... look at F1 :-/

burrito likes this.
  20. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

So no changes for you, @Fiestatreter ? :D

Ok, seriously now: This will probably feel strange, but the places are chosen well. Schwedenkreuz is frightening and to my knowledge limitied by guts instead of grip; and seeing a side-by-side down the Antoniusbuche at probably 280kph doesn't seem comfortable as well*. Maybe this is a relief for some.
    But I'm curious how the drivers will handle this. Some of them don't even know where the speed is displayed. Could a techical solution (limiter) exist inside the rules?

*btw there was a very nasty crash in the same race before, where a cup porsche sliced the crash barrier after Antoniusbuche. Didn't get any more informations about this one due to the flying nismo afterwards, but this didn't look that good in the first place. Car suddenly jumped on the rear axis, driver couldn't move after the crash.

21. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

Speed limit at dottinger hohe means no overtaking there? That suxx big time.
    I for sure don't want to change the track, but having chicanes is better than a speed limit, that's for sure!

I hope they just alter the spectator areas in some places, and if really needed to keep GT3s running, use intake restrictors to slow them down a bit. But speed limits, omfg.