1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Just some thoughts. please read

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by jayz, Apr 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayz

jayz Rookie

1.) Gran Turismo 2(Playstation 1)
    2.) Assetto Corsa (PC)
    ----FACTS----
    Release Year
    1.)1999
    2.)2015

Car Damage
    1.)No
    2.)No

Snow Racing
    1.)Yes
    2.)No

Night Racing
    1.)Yes
    2.)No

Car Count
    1.)650
    2.)35

Track Count
    1.)27
    2.)11

Career Mode
    1.)Yes
    2.)No

Unlocks
    1.)Yes
    2.)No

Car Customization
    1.)Yes
    2.)No

Optional Music
    1.)Yes
    2.)No

Overpriced DLC that contains content that should have been released with the game
    1.)No
    2.)Yes

These facts seemed like a funny joke until I realized how badly I was scammed.

Why do we continue to let modern day game developers rip us off? Every year, games are released at a higher price with less and less content while containing more and more DLC. If nobody stands up to say something, this will only continue.

Can I have my money back? Please?

snyperal likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions New PS5 gameplay thoughts Feb 22, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality About pull the pin - latest thoughts on best VR headset for ACC? Nov 5, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Your thoughts since release Jul 25, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Creating Fuel Strategy Spreadsheet, any thoughts on features? Dec 23, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Some thoughts about ACC (laughing or crying?) Jun 26, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Thoughts on degrees of rotation Jun 10, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Thoughts on an Application like Trading Paints May 23, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Just finished a full length Bathurst 12 hour, and I have some thoughts Feb 13, 2020
    ACC Gameplay 1.05 - Why I don't drive ACC regularly - Single Player thoughts Jul 6, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Morning thoughts (off the wheel) May 24, 2019
    ACC Gameplay AI Issues/Thoughts Apr 14, 2019
    ACC Gameplay AI thoughts after 0.6.4 Mar 14, 2019
    ACC General Discussions AI thoughts (skill & aggressiveness @ 100) Mar 6, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Build 5 Thoughts Jan 6, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Happy New Year to all and some thoughts about the experience thus far Dec 31, 2018

3. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Do the cars/tracks in GT-PS1 drive same as in AC? Or something like F1 Checkered flag?

How much was GT that time?

4. jayz

jayz Rookie

The only key improvements I can see are the addition of online multiplayer (without splitscreen like GT 2 of course, because that would be too nice), physics, and car graphics. The AI is also better in GT2.

snyperal likes this.
  5. witoldinho

witoldinho Racer

You ok buddy?
    Troll I hope.

6. jayz

jayz Rookie

Heres a more modern comparison: project cars. AC is a heap that can't hold a candle to project cars. Its pretty disappointing because I spent a lot of time trying to decide which game to get, but wasn't able to test either of them and got conned into this garbage. Project cars already has 73 cars and counting without DLC, has better graphics, and has 24 tracks so far. It also has rain and night driving, unlike AC. The best part is that it hasn't even been released yet!! How are you guys still supporting this game and con artist developer? If its any constellation, I also bought AC like you although I'm not seeing any reason to not feel like an idiot.

The reason for me writing this is to hopefully open your eyes and make sure anyone wanting to buy a good racing game doesn't even look at this trash.

7. Quffy

Quffy Alien

AC has visual and mechanical damage. There is tyre damage (blister, flat spot, graining), engine damage, suspensions, transmission/gear box, aero damage (splitter/wing) which influences handling and top speed. Idk if I'm missing something more. All this reflects very well onto the force feedback of your steering wheel.

Use Pro assists, and in options-general disable modify assists based on controller type. Also enable the option to remember last track surface selected.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  8. witoldinho

witoldinho Racer

I bet you are driving with your keyboard.
    This software is simply not what you've been looking for. No eyes to open here I am sure. Jog on and research your future purchases more carefully.
    Good luck.

DriveLikeAViking and Easy like this.
  9. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

Guys, there is already another thread about this...even if I don't agree you should move there your thougts.
    Maybe a mod can move this thread to the "honest" one ;)

10. Octane

Octane Simracer

Though I'm contradicting a statement I made a few weeks back...you have 1hr in the game . Did it take you that long to count the cars and tracks?

Tucker73 likes this.
  11. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

Sorry I think you missed physics, graphics, car model quality, sounds (no vacuum cleaners in AC), track quality (+ laser scanning), modability and force feedback and also no one wants music in their sim, you can discount 300 of GT2's car count as they were just variants of Nissan GTR, half the tracks were fictional with no licensing requirements and finally AC does have a career mode and damage.

12. Kyo

Kyo Racer

Quality>Quantity

Kristaps, insomnia, The Moose and 2 others like this.
  13. metalnwood

metalnwood Simracer

GT is a franchise, they didn't charge you for DLC, they charged you for a completely new game. Perhaps they should have just charged you for extra content rather than charging you again and again for the same things.

Unlocks though? ugh.. I want to use everything that is in my sim, no gimmicks of having to do something to 'unlock' something that should already be there.

Optional music… OK, at least I know from what direction you are approaching and some would agree while many will not.

Mogster likes this.
  14. Ischemica

Ischemica Hardcore Simmer

15. Slamdrunken

Slamdrunken Racer

that says it all dont you think?

if you want a racing GAME go for a racing game, NFS, GT6, burnout, etc, etc ,etc. However AC is a racing simulator, where the main focus is physics, FBB & realism.

Cefa, Lucas - Xtremepsionic and Quffy like this.
  16. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

obvious troll is obvious. dont enable this sh*t. Oh! And I'm sure we can all take his opinion even more seriously with his vast 1.3 hrs of playtime! /s

/thread

17. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Gran Turismo 2(Playstation 1)
    2.) Assetto Corsa (PC)
    ----FACTS----Badly misrepresented in an effort to troll the forums
    Release Year
    1.)1999
    2.)2015

Car Damage Turn it on maybee
    1.)No
    2.)YES

Snow Racing WTF this is a track racing sim nothing to do with snow
    1.)Yes
    2.)No

Night Racing Was clearly stated as not being included
    1.)Yes
    2.)No

Car Count Each car in AC has its own unique feel, even cars running similar times are very different, GT has 100's that feel near identical just more basic grip and power difference
    1.)650
    2.)35

Track Count Always growing lots of good mod tracks and more being made by the devs.
    1.)27
    2.)11

Career Mode
    1.)Yes
    2.)YES

Unlocks Couldnt care less about this, so you want to pay for the game and not use all of it
    1.)Yes
    2.)No

Car Customization In depth setup options, its a different genre to GT so doesnt have tuning to make you faster. You need to drive better and learn to set the car up to suit the track better if available
    1.)Yes
    2.)No

Optional Music Again who cares, your on a PC if you want music you can play any music you want
    1.)Yes
    2.)No

Overpriced DLC that contains content that should have been released with the game Game for me was a bargain and DLC hours used vs dollars spent best value Ive ever had in any game.
    1.)No
    2.)Yes

Pretty sure GT2 cost me around $80 or more so still more then AC and this was 16 years ago
    These facts seemed like a funny joke until I realized how badly I was scammed.

Why do we continue to let modern day game developers rip us off? Every year, games are released at a higher price with less and less content while containing more and more DLC. If nobody stands up to say something, this will only continue.

Can I have my money back? Please?

bondyboy, Fat Rich, alex72 and 4 others like this.
  18. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

Trolling or not he's got a point. Harsh to put it all on ac's shoulders though the same could be said for gt6? Forza 5?

I don't think he should get a refund though plenty of reviews and forums about ac to make an informed decision.

19. some1pl

some1pl Alien

That's what I needed, a good laugh at the morning. I lost it completely at the lack of snow racing, that's a first one. Kunos, forget about rain, it's snow or simcade!
    Dude, pcars has already a plan for like 10 paid DLC's. You should post a rant about overpriced DLC on their forums too.

Yes, I agree.

Octane, fr13del, alex72 and 3 others like this.
  20. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

Your post seemed like a funny joke until I realized how badly I was scammed. You wasted 2 minutes of my life, one minute to read your silly post and one minute to write this reply. Can I have my time back? Please?

fr13del, Berry, TCLF and 3 others like this.
  21. St3fan

St3fan Alien

If you count the career, AC does have things to unlock.

This post is the worst complaint about AC I've ever seen on this forum...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.