1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New business idea for next dlc´s

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by xXxKOKExXx, Apr 24, 2015.

1. xXxKOKExXx

xXxKOKExXx Simracer

Who would not want a full season in DLC format ? honestly , I would not mind paying € 20-30 per dlc if in return we have a BTCC , v8 supercars , dtm , etc complete season with cars ands tracks.

What do you think?

On the one hand we would have many more tracks and cars that combine power and on the other side who play in career mode would have to be able to play full structure seasons

srry my english!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
    DaVeX↯ and beiacos_gr like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Phoenix Racing Club, open for business! Oct 15, 2018
    Chit Chat Room "renovatio development" - still in business? Sep 16, 2014
    Chit Chat Room PerfectPedal is being open for business? Feb 21, 2014
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Red Bull Ring Ideal Line Bug Jan 30, 2024
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Ideal line and autoblip on server Jul 19, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Any Ideas? Sep 17, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Stream Deck as a Button Box - Ideas Aug 29, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Ideal Racing Line Jul 18, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting "Fatal Error UE4 AC2" Absolutely no idea what i need to do or doing wrong? May 31, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Ghosting players - to manage bad drivers (Idea) Dec 8, 2020
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues "Opponents Visibility" *New Idea* Nov 8, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds The ideal trajectory activates itself Aug 12, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Ideal Line Assist - it changes/updates color to late Jul 19, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Some ideas for the CP Servers Jul 18, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Pre-Race Hud Idea Mar 3, 2020

3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

While that is a good idea i think i would prefer the mix of cars, that means you can do many types of races per dlc, eg we can now do a dtm battle, we can do a hypercar battle, a le mans series battle, classic 60s battle and another GT3 car entry. Im not sure what the 4C can do though, kinder feel sorry for that car

ZachRacer88 likes this.
  4. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

It isn't that simple.
    Series have to be licensed and those kind of licenses aren't the cheapest out there.
    Then, there probably also need to be separate licenses for the tracks and cars themselves which will cost a lot of money, and probably more than they can afford. (They aren't EA you know).
    Now, even if the things above were possible it'd be a damn hard job to get everything released in a reasonable amount of time without expanding their time significantly, which will cost even more money since they'll have to hire new people to create the extra content.

ps. if you want an example of licensing issues for a whole series game, look at GTR2. They had the license to create the FIA GT series ('03-'04 seasons) however, even though they had Porsche at the beginning, due to licensing issues (later on) they had to remove all the Porsches from the game.
    And this can be an issue with every single manufacturer etc.
    Another reason why, sadly enough, it's next to impossible is because they laser scan official content. (tracks) I don't think they'll deviate from this in the future. Quality is what counts for Kunos, not Quantity.

Horus likes this.
  5. Horus

Horus Alien

Leave the business model to the guys that know best, Marco is very good at this, really really good infact. He is still keeping AC relevant and in the press, not an easy task even for very large companies. If you know better then I would advice starting a software development company, or advisory business, of your own and see how it goes. Remember Kunos has now been around for over a decade, lots of larger developers have long since gone and not many created the excellence that Kunos have brought to one genre.

Tucker73 likes this.
  6. xXxKOKExXx

xXxKOKExXx Simracer

i understand your point of view. I dont say it could be easy or cheap (remember i said 20-30€ per dlc). i only say an idea for next dlcs. Maybe complete season is too big proyect (viewing your post), but for example v8 supercars (only are 2 models) + 3-4 most known tracks could be reasonable. Same for btcc... etc..
    and i dont say "i want it now". i said future dlcs..

my idea is get a more logical and structured dlc. For example, kunos could make a pool " ey guys, what do you want for 2016? some medley of street cars, gts (moore?) classic, like 2015 year, or maybe a determined pack like v8, btcc,clio cup, etc? "

i think a pool like this for understand assetto gamers could be a good idea

seriously, sorry my english XD

7. dauntless

dauntless Alien

Full season as dlc is a horrible idea in the current business model. First of all because of the greedy dlc business model you need everyone to buy the dlc. That means for example that the good way of selling the dlc (putting one car into the game and then the rest into the dlc) won't work because you still need to own every car. And every dlc.

The best way to sell a dlc is to have a functional dlc business model. This means that you don't need to own cars you race against. This allows you to sell more dlc not only because the dlc cars are more usable online but also because the dlc cars get tons of visibility. These also make the value of the dlc higher.

Personally as far as future dlcs go I'm pretty much on the fence of not buying anything anymore because the value for the dlc is so poor because of the greedy business model. With the nordschleife it worked because almost everyone bought it. But there is no other thing like the nordy that will sell so much. Not to mention for a new player s/he is looking at a startup cost of the base game +2dlc just to drive a base content car on a base content track against two dlc cars.

New business idea for next dlc? Fix the dlc business model. It should be among the top3 things to fix.

8. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

And game fixes? Any news? Right now AC is on the shelve, wake me up when something really useful is coming! I won't be buying anything more until lots of aspects including MP is fixed...

9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Okay.

10. Dennis Neo

Dennis Neo Racer

I would love to buy cars separate.
    Just one car, maybe street and gt version together and that is all.

Cuz Im not very interested to buy 10 cars pack if really like 2 or 3 from that current package (aka Dream pack #1).
    Makes sense?

11. Arch

Arch Alien

I agree on not having to own cars you race against.

Having at the minimum one car, preferably several, free from a series, then the rest in DLC, so everyone can participate in the series, would be closer to ideal. Releasing more free content like the upcoming bonus pack is essential. AC's value overall needs to increase.

Personally I like all cars in AC, and they are all made quite well, so I will most likely buy all the DLC that comes out, to get more cars to drive and more things to learn. Some people want to just drive in a series, though. Let them have that. Do not force them to buy cars which they don't like at all.

Oh and give me my AE86 already. :p

12. Quffy

Quffy Alien

You'd pay for 2 or 3 cars the price you can pay for a whole pack. Things would be more expensive for everyone if selling piece by piece. I hope this doesn't become another iracing/raceroom in terms of how they sell the content. You buy the dlc in AC for the same or inferior price than you'd buy content piece by piece.

And another thing, I was greatly surprised by some cars I wouldn't consider at first glance. So I might think that I'm more interested in car A and B that I purchased individually, but buying the whole pack for the same price of 2 cars, I found out that I use more the content that came along with the main attractions.

Rui Santos likes this.