1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dirt rally

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Psit, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Psit

Psit Alien

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room AC is like Dirt Rally May 31, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Dirt Rally 2.0? Sep 24, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Dirt Rally May 14, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Dirt Rally on sale May 11, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Dirt rally G920 wheel settings Feb 5, 2017
    Console Lounge [Off-Topic] Dirt Rally wheel settings? Anyone? Jan 19, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Did dirt rally destroy my ac force feedback? Dec 12, 2015
    General modding discussion Dirt rally syle in car cam Jul 5, 2015
    Tracks modding (wip) SS El Cubilete (Mexico) beta v0.6 PUBLIC DOWNLOAD NOW / AC DIRT-y RALLY Aug 19, 2014
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars no smoke or dirt anymore? Jan 28, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Please insert a report function for dirty drivers Jul 18, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Dirt-effects on cars and windscreens Jun 7, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Dirt build up 992 Cup Mar 26, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars No dirty screen/screen reflection effect when overcast? Mar 14, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars No Dirt on Cars Mar 11, 2021

3. TDS

TDS Alien

hummm interesting... :) anyone tried it yet?
    Hows physics ? and ffb with g27?

4. hooligan|uk

hooligan|uk Simracer

ohh well this come outta nowhere,a codies game that looks like it wont make me feel old..no energy drinks,crap music,stupid menus etc etc looks like a proper grown up game.Might grab it...

5. yusupov

yusupov Alien

i am having a hard time resisting :I

i really want it to deliver too, even tho its freaking codemasters! idk why i get so invested in these games...

Salad Fingers and hooligan|uk like this.
  6. hooligan|uk

hooligan|uk Simracer

yup me too just asked some questions over on steam bout wheel/FFB support,if I get a half decent response that 'BUY' button is getting clicked.

Old Geezer likes this.
  7. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I'm tempted to buy just to support the concept.

To keep me interested long term in needs decent physics and preferably much longer stages than have appeared in games lately.

simbicort, wedge_one and TDS like this.
  8. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

Just waiting for the first reviews…
    Looks very interesting, perhaps the first proper rally-sim since decades.

Lawndart likes this.
  9. TDS

TDS Alien

Handling and physics done from ground up... hummmm, i think the buy button is ringing here too.. in fact im downloading it right now. :)
    They have big bucks if needed in the future, but i will support it cause i really like the idea behind it, realistic rally physics tyres, surfaces, suspensions and differentials, advanced damage system, very long stages, cars modeling with doubled budget than previous CM games.
    I report back here in some hours what i think of it as it is atm.

Mogster likes this.
  10. hooligan|uk

hooligan|uk Simracer

lol just grabbed it,been waiting for codies to get their **** back together and this might be the game that wins me over and like ya say they deserve my money just cause they have got rid of the ken block skater boy bollox!

wow only 1.7 gb as well,wont be long and I'll be typing 'damn the FFB and wheel settings are crap!' haha I jest..I hope..

SpriGgy likes this.
  11. Looks very interesting. Not too expensive either like most Codies' games. But uhh, anyone know if this works with a T300? It's not in the official supported list yet, but they say "other weels work too"....

12. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

Smells a little like Bait and switch to me though.
    Not saying it is, would be utter win if I'm wrong (would happily be so)... but, the cynic in me smells buggy-cross-khana-Block hiding in the wings.
    Will wait on this one.

13. kRush

kRush Gamer

This is like Schrödinger's car game, it's beautiful (rally-sim) and utter garbage (codies-dirt) at the same time. :confused:

nate and ZioYuri78 like this.
  14. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

I didn't mind the Dirt games (up to 3 at least) for what they were. Mindless fluff, but good natured and well made mindless fluff.

Patrik Marek and garyjpaterson like this.
  15. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

Did you tried it and if yes, that's your opinion?
    Or just saying you doubt the game will be a good sim?

16. Mogster

Mogster Alien

OK there's some "relaxed" physics on display but I quite enjoyed the rally sections in a Dirt 3. Better physics, longer stages and no Yo Yo Yo Keneeeee Block and I'll definitely be interested.

I don't see this as "bait and switch" it's Codies responding to the people that have been posting and emailing to say they wanted a sim/game with more realistic rally content. They're just throwing this out there to see what the reaction is, if there truly is enough interest to support a full product with just rally content. I can't see anything wrong with that.

17. TTM

TTM Alien

I buyed it and after quick test i can say that i like it. It's not RBR, but best rally game that they are done so far. I'm looking forward to see how development of this game continues in the future.

18. plaid

plaid Alien

Neat!

I would be happy if its at least on the level of the old Colin McRae-games. Will consider it (+PCars).

19. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

TDS likes this.
  20. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

21. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Only thing I'm interested of is ffb, how it feels. If Codies has finally managed to make even decent ffb I'm sold.