1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Will we ever see oval racing in ac?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Steve Bullitt, May 17, 2015.

1. Probably never as official mods licensed by Kunos, even though would be awesome and one should never say never, but what about the modding community?...Would you guys be interested in Nascar and Indycar style racing?...

robertedell likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Sound reverb everywhere AC Mar 16, 2024
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues HP Reverb G2 Camera Position Bug Jan 12, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Whenever I try to play it automatically sets Magione and the Lotus Elise SC Oct 21, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer The New Standard - Kunos Lobby down (every weekend) Aug 13, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos servers down every day now Jul 18, 2023
    ACC General Discussions GT4 car & livery update ever? Jul 1, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality HP reverb g2 Jun 18, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions I've about given up on my Thrustmaster TX wheel ever being seen by ACC :( Jun 4, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC needs a new installation every day Jun 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Problem: new opponents every race May 30, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashes whenever I save a livery (in game editor) [AV interference] Apr 20, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Impossible to drive with gamepad like everytime you make an update. Apr 19, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC UE4 Fatal Error -ACC Crashes Everytime. Mar 26, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting I have tried every solution listed back to 2019, ACC UE4 Fatal Error Mar 18, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Hey Everyone! Mar 18, 2023

3. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Modders could do what they like, couldn't they? The appropriate cars and tracks?

4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The tracks and cars wouldnt really be an issue but racing rules and regulations are quite a way off for this style of racing. If thats not so inportant Im sure it wouldnt be too hard to make a oval track and cars to go around it fairly realistically minus the racing rules.

5. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

There are already 3-4 oval tracks (mods, possibly rips) and some of the cars have enough setup freedom to switch to oval but as already mentioned, it's the rules that are missing, and that makes great difference.

6. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I know I'm an oval ignoramus, but isn't the only rule "turn left"?
    #joking

7. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

The problem with oval racing is that its just oval racing, you cant get a nascar and lob it at magione or silverstone and not expect death and gizzards spraying everywhere. Basically as the cars have a lot amount of functionality compared to the other cars meaning they will be used less and a track will then have to be laser scanned which will piss off everyone that doesnt like ovals

8. Niki Đaković

Niki Đaković Hardcore Simmer

Damage system has a lot way to go to support Oval racing properly. Bump-drafting also. Eitherway, even when these things get up to great levels I hope ovals keep their stuff in iRacing. For 99% of the time only Americans do it anyway.

9. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

I think one oval track wouldn't hurt. Maybe one with an infiele circuit option? That would be really sweet.

10. Blame

Blame Alien

Turning left and lifting the throttle is not a skill, I've never called NASCAR motorsport, because it isn't - there will be an oval from Monza, that's all you'll get.

11. AlBahner

AlBahner Hardcore Simmer

Probably Daytona, also home to some GT Endurance Races (of which we also have most of the cars) and it's the most famous Oval.
    But also a laser scanned Watkins Glen would be nice in addition, so that oval haters are able to have fun with Nascars aswell (only a mediocre conversion of WG exists).
    It's a great technical and fast track and it also has a concrete carousel ;)

But I think there won't be any American laser scanned tracks in AC anyway :(

12. Stereo

Stereo Alien

I could say hotlapping alone for 23 hours and then finishing 2nd because the car didn't break is not a skill too... oval tracks lead to much closer racing. But like said above in the thread, close contact at similar pseeds would need to be much less dangerous to make it happen (probably why iRacing's netcode is so good, without it you can't really oval race)

13. ouvert

ouvert Alien

I had very little knowledge about oval racing as I though it is very boring (I still kind of do at least from driving part) ..
    Than I saw one documentary on YT where I could see how much it is going on behind that left turning nonsense.
    Drivers talking to each others, making agreements with competitors during race (to push one car with another through the field), work of spotters beyond spotting and other things I had no idea about .. I still don`t care about it and I`m not gonna wach any race or drive it in any sim but I can see what people enjoy about it ..
    I`ll try find that video in my YT history and if it is allowed I can post it here ...

snyperal likes this.
  14. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

I like this guy's opinions.

Ischemica likes this.
  15. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I'm not an oval racing fan but I do have respect for it. I started watching NASCAR when I was out of work 20 years ago, the whole races were televised on Mondays in the UK on some obscure satellite channel. I had some time to kill, so gave it a go, either that or day time TV...

I did enjoy it, the racing was close and unpredictable, the events are long, almost semi endurance and very tactical. There were races almost every weekend, unusual for motorsports. The TV coverage built up the drivers as characters, I can still remember the names now. The atmosphere at the events looked incredible, enormous packed towering grandstands. To dismiss the tracks as just ovals is wrong, there are long and short tracks, D, quad, tri ovals.

16. martcerv

martcerv Alien

You aren't trying to say that about the nords 24 hr race lol. 150+ cars in a multicar grid at one of the worlds trickiest and most technical tracks in changing weather over 24hrs. Taking no skill to come 2nd simply because the car doesn't break. :rolleyes:

Sure Nascar racing takes some skill and the driver has enough of a challenge remembering the turns that he needs spotters to tell him about the other cars around him.

Deleted member 18758 likes this.
  17. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I'm no oval fan either but some friends insisted on giving it a try in AC, and I'm glad they did.
    Jacksonville
    with the Formula Arbarth is bags of fun especially if you're racing in teams. It can be quite tactical and going 3 abreast round the embankment you need strong nerves and a great deal of trust in your fellow drivers.

Probably not best suited for public servers TBH but sometimes you can get a good crowd of guys who'll wait for everyone to bunch up if there's a crash and start again.

robertedell, snyperal and AlBahner like this.
  18. I'll never be an oval racing junkie but I'd love to try racing some cars around an oval in AC. The closeness of it all would be a far cry from the loneliness, at times, of circuit racing.

Not better or worse, just different.

19. Hotdog

Hotdog Simracer

Meh, going around in circles isn't my idea of fun but each to their own.

20. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Daytona would be a good choice for AC, although I'd imagine the licence costs would be quite high.

Road and oval courses and I'd imagine off the shelf scan data is available.

21. Are Daytona and Jacksonville the same track?