1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dear kunos, be sure to save some money for this!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Patcha, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Patcha

Patcha Hardcore Simmer

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions DEAR KUNOS.. TRIPPLE SETTINGS Dec 25, 2019
    ACC Physics Dear Kunos!Kindly provide steering range information for each car in ACC. Aug 10, 2019
    Console Lounge Dear Kunos Team Aug 24, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Dear kunos, franciacorta circuit going bankrupt, hurry to laserscan! Oct 31, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Dear santa kunos... Sep 6, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Dear kunos Sep 27, 2014
    ACC General Discussions Dear Devs. You have a serious opportunity. May 16, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Dear devs any plan introducing safety car and pit animation? Aug 11, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Dear devs did you have any plans to update FFB and add more effects like spin ffb signal? Mar 8, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Dear Assetto Corsa Competizione Dec 16, 2018
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Dear Santa Claus - next update PS4 Nov 14, 2017
    Console Lounge Dear Admins: a question about Chit Chat room. Dec 27, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Dear Santa... Sep 11, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Dear customer letter? Nov 30, 2015
    Suggestions Dear devs Jun 23, 2015

3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

YES. OMG YES

this might be an end of year license announcement sort of thing. Id say a porsche license is up there with ferrari or lamboghini or even higher because they are about to open those floodgates.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
    yusupov and Patcha like this.
  4. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

unless they renew and honestly, why shouldn't they (Porsche)? if it's worth the money for them

phizz and BubbaZ like this.
  5. A.r.e.s.

A.r.e.s. Hardcore Simmer

NFS is EA's only driving game, does it really pay off for Porsche? Doubtful. They are likely aware that more money can be made elsewhere....or more likely everywhere.

Horus and Patcha like this.
  6. Patcha

Patcha Hardcore Simmer

I don't know about how much money was worth this long period licence at time, but in my opinion hardly it will still be worth the same in current times.
    I don't think Porsche is happy about the way EA used their licence. Except arcade NFS, there's no real image return for Porsche with EA licences.
    And also about money: I think times are changed, and Porsche would pretend MUCH MORE from a software house for such kind of exclusive long term licence.

Now videogames are even much more massive than early 2000, a sofware licence is worth much more, in my opinion.
    Just Porsche didn't do such great deal at that time (my opinion). ;)

7. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

that can all very well be true, however EA is rich, filhy rich, and they moight have put on the table sometime really serious such as 6-7 zeroed numbers

again, Porsche themself would know the best if it was worth it or not, so we shall see
    but I think it doesn't automatically mean that now we will see Porsches everywhere

alex72 and Dookie like this.
  8. ouvert

ouvert Alien

well this licence contract was signed prior VW bought Porsche .. so there is a hope that VW will take different approach and hopefully next corespondence would end with: Sincerely, (not)yours VW ..

Casper and Patcha like this.
  9. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Haven't we heard this previously, many times :(

I'll believe this when I see Porsches in AC...

10. cmbeal317

cmbeal317 Rookie

Kazunori Yamauchi(Head of Polyphony Digital) said back in 2013 that they have a good relationship with Porsche. Hopefully this rumor is true, and someday we'll all be able to enjoy our favorite Porsches in our favorite games. :)
    https://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchi-porsche/

SpriGgy likes this.
  11. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

So basically they assume that the contract will expire in 2016 because that's when Forza will get Porsches in the game.
    All aboard the hype train... No.

12. Patcha

Patcha Hardcore Simmer

Because of this sentence in their article:
    "“[…] Porsche will be back, too, although not until 2016—Electronic Arts still has an exclusive license for the German sports car maker until then.”
    This article: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/...tting-dark-and-wet-in-a-world-first-hands-on/

13. Blame

Blame Alien

I doubt this is kind of a "flood-gate" to any racing game as they said, NFS didn't sell because of Porsche, it sold because of the publicity of the game, how addictive it was back in the days and stuff like Lambroghini's and McLarens back in the day.

14. Horus

Horus Alien

I like Porsche, the 928 was beautiful and powerful. But to be honest there are manufacturers far more worthy. Still the fat lady has not finished singing the EA (it's not in the game), wait till VW say what is what before jumping the gun. It would be great to see, but not so to the disadvantage of other manufacturers.

15. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

hey ho! :mad:

:) jk, but Porsche is my favorite brand, so to me there are none more worthy...

Brownninja97 likes this.
  16. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

I'd say it's no longer about the money for Porsche, assuming it was an issue back when the deal was inked. Given the way EA has misused the licence, I doubt any amount of money will bring Porsche back to the table with EA. I see them as being far more concerned now with how the brand is represented. Racing games and sims are being taken much more seriously these days, and when Porsche sees how other brands like Ferrari and Lamborghini are being promoted, I hope they're smart enough to want in on that action. A kid that falls in love with a car he races in a game/sim will often grow up having brand loyalty and even pursue purchasing that car as an adult.

17. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

^ this is why I drive a WRX today. Thank you, Gran Turismo.

18. yusupov

yusupov Alien

theres just no way ea is getting their worth from the porsche contract. they dont have any car collection games or sims...arcade games with phony numbers, no cockpits, etc...what do they gain from exclusivity??

i would not be worried about ea resigning them but rather turn 10 signing them to a deal. they have unlimited cash & could gain a lot vs gt (and now pcars & even AC) from having porsche exclusivity. but EA?? dont see them doing it, they made a run at the genre w/ the shift games & now theyre back to strictly arcade stuff.

19. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Yeah, but what I mean is on what they are basing that statement? I don't see any quote there which would indicate it has been said by someone from T10. So for me this sentence doesn't mean anything because there's no background for it, that's why I said they assumed it.
    With that being said I think it's too soon to take it as a fact. Better be surprised positively if this turn out to be true than dissapointed.

20. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

I'd be interested to know how many devs have approached Porsche & EA asking / begging / offering large quantities of money for the inclusion of Porsche in their titles. I'd like to think there is somebody at Porsche crying into their cheerios at all the missed opportunities.

SpriGgy likes this.
  21. Berry

Berry Alien

It'd be fantastic if Kunos could get Porsche, but as others have said, EA have to be stupid not to renew their contract, but there's still a little part of me dying to hope that Porsche see this as an opportunity and will sell their license for a reasonable price.

Brownninja97 and Leemstradamus like this.