1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dear kunos, be sure to save some money for this!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Patcha, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I have no idea on the numbers involved in such licensing deals, but I have a hard time that from the car makers' POV it is much money involved. What is a big bite off their budget for a game studio, might be not even peanuts for a famous car brand. If so, obviously different considerations than money play a role, from a car maker's POV. Advertising effect for the label, popularity of the license-taker, spread of the brand's name through this license- taker.

aphidgod and Berry like this.
  2. Berry

Berry Alien

There's no better game to advertise Porsche to potential buyers than AC, it's the only sim that captures real handling characteristics and accurate car physics.

3. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Whilst I agree, money talks. I can totally see EA getting the deal again.

Also, I would love to know exactly what went on with SimBin and GTR2 with the Porsche and Ferrari cars. They appeared initially, then vanished in the later Steam version.

Ace Pumpkin and Horus like this.
  4. nonnex

nonnex Alien

I'm with some foreposters that in the time back (2k?) it has maybe looked as a cool deal.

What the decsision makers had totally underestimated is the dynamic and speed of the gaming market in contrast to the vehicle market where they are used to be and an exclusive contract of "15 years"! is totally braindead in this context and was maybe (we dont know) a potential loss of opportunities and money over time.

How ever, I suppose that even porsche has some smart ppl. and they have learned a lesson or two. - I hope-.

We will see in '16. We have only rumors and only one small non official statement today.

PS: Oh man, if I just imagine. Beautiful, official, handcrafted porsches old and new legends in AC.
    The "Boxer" sound, carshape, performance, nordschleife, curving... ohh... ahh.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  5. Ferdi

Ferdi Hardcore Simmer

If this is true, which is the biggest question obviously, it's good news for the (sim)racing community as a whole.

I doubt that Porsche would want to renew an exclusive contract with EA, regardless of the numbers EA puts on the cheque. The gaming world has changed a lot and especially the racing genre has seen a large expansion in both players and games available.
    With the exclusive license at EA and the way they've been handling this license, I can't imagine Porsche is too happy about the deal in modern times, given they could reach a MUCH larger audience and therefor potential buyers.

Let's not forget they're probably fed up with the hatemail they get about the license as well :p

Patcha likes this.
  6. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Oh yeah, they've can't be ignored too.
    But I think what must have been a greater pain was to reject all offers for a licence in the last 15 years and redirect the interested parties to EA lol. Hui, that must have been hurting.

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

What if we get something like they did with Lambo, "Assetto Corsa welcomes Porsche" with a great lineup of cars. One can dream, right?

The only losers if this becomes truth would be Ruf. :)

Patcha likes this.
  8. kosh

kosh Racer

Oh yeah, im really looking forward to the panamera and Cayenne

ahahaha

9. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Group vomiting...

ouvert and Patcha like this.
  10. plaid

plaid Alien

Best the ones tuned by Mansory. Pure style.

11. Berry

Berry Alien

I'd actually like a high-powered barge/loft-car like the Panamera Turbo S, but I think I'd rather prefer the Audi S8, a little variety never hurt anybody. :D

12. Patcha

Patcha Hardcore Simmer

I'm looking forward for Porsche's racing prototypes, for the most.

13. Ferdi

Ferdi Hardcore Simmer

918 Spyder and Turbo S would be my favorites. Not only because I really like the look and performance figures of both cars, but they have 4-wheel steering, which isn't simulated properly in any game so far.

14. Quffy

Quffy Alien

I think we'd need 2 dreampacks just with Porsche :eek::cool:

Dookie, Mogster, SpriGgy and 2 others like this.
  15. Ferdi

Ferdi Hardcore Simmer

The "wet dream pack"?

Dookie, Mogster, D1visor and 6 others like this.
  16. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

really hope porsche doesn't continue with EA
    that studio has done nothing meaningfull with that brand
    on the contrary...

Mogster and Patcha like this.
  17. Blame

Blame Alien

Well, 15 years ago you could say that Porsche looked at it as a "not a big deal", mainly because racing games probably weren't that popular back then and Porsche probably felt it was better off with the money from that exclusive deal rather than just selling individual licenses once every year.

18. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

well I really hope they see what kind of promo 'being in a racesim' can mean

Patcha likes this.
  19. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I really dont think anyone bought themselves a Porsche because of GTR2 for example :oops:

20. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

status means more for me than just buying cars
    your brand coming to life in a game, being seen is important as well
    people talk about it
    ok, it has gone that far that people started talking bout Porsche due to it being absent in AC
    but still, you see my point?