1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Will ac run on windows 10

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Glen Orpheus, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Racer

i'm kinda hoping that AC will run on Windows 10 with its july release and the 1.2 patch.
    can anybody from Kunos confirm ?

esox71 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Unable to lauch ACC [running out of memory - pagefile disabled in Windows] Jul 25, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds AC will not run in 64b Windows 10 /Win7 to Win10 update Oct 8, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds AC will not run in 64b Windows 10 /Win7 tp Win10 update Oct 8, 2018
    Chit Chat Room How to run Ubuntu alongside Windows? May 27, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Cannot run launcher since 1.8 update [System.DllNotFoundException on Windows Vista] Aug 26, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Can't run ac on windows 10 Aug 21, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Won't run in windows 10 pro 64-bit :( Aug 1, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Problem running under windows 10 Jul 31, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Impossible to run game [error 0x88982f04 - kb2670838 windows update related] Jul 1, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds night run Mar 18, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Running ACS.EXE with Arguments for Custom Races Oct 19, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Right after 1.9.1 update game doesn't run. It gives an error. [Verify Steam integrity] Apr 25, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting After update 1.9 the game crashes while running Apr 22, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds I cannot run the game on 64-Bit Apr 18, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Can't start Race with Mods due to Runtime Error Jan 23, 2023

3. i can confirm it works lovely on windows 10. better than you would expect so a defo yes

ZioYuri78, nonnex, Queequeg and 2 others like this.
  4. Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Racer

thats awesome news thanx :)

HellzWind likes this.
  5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

6. Bernl

Bernl Gamer

Any point of views on this subject?

Xbox programmes might work on PC in windows 10 I read....?

7. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Upgraded my corporate development machine monday morning. So far no "real" differences to 7 or 8.1 that I can tell about, just a slightly different appearance. Every programm, runtime and whatever didn't change behaviour. This is quite a lot in a developer environment. I really hoped for problems so I could justify a clean install to get rid of all the sql servers and IIS and android sdks and whatever.

The only thing that really annoys me (after switching off the web search stuff in my start menu) is that I now have to type the translated word "Rechner" instead of "calc".

8. OoALEJOoO

OoALEJOoO Simracer

I will only upgrade to Windows 10 after confirmation that it's possible go back to Win7 whenever necessary. If the Win10 upgrade renders the original Win7 key obsolete, then I'll stay with 7.

PuffTheMagicBelgian likes this.
  9. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

I doubt that this will be possible, but also: why? This is just a ****ing OS, not a religion. The technical differences between 7, 8.1, 10 are negligible. Every time a bit gui stuff, everytime some handling changes that are good and bad but nothing like going from windows to linux. Why would you want to stay on excatly 7?

10. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Threads merged. Please use the search function before opening new threads.

11. nonnex

nonnex Alien

I'll wait untill I need a new gaming rig, till then WinX should be the standard preinstalled OS.
    Im too lazy and I need to be forced to reinstalling all tools, environments etc. again.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    LeDude83 likes this.
  12. Cefa

Cefa Hardcore Simmer

it's an update, you don't have to format and re install all, you can keep all without troubles

13. nonnex

nonnex Alien

oh, ok didnt knew. Well then... cool. Thank you for the important imformation.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  14. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I believe that story when I see it on.my.own.PC ;)

15. Cefa

Cefa Hardcore Simmer

me too hahahahah

16. demonized

demonized Simracer

I don't think it is necessary to go to win10 immediately, there will be some bugs or perfomance may be worse or drivers might not work or else. When it will be polished with updates, then it will be good time to move. I tried AC on win 10 and can't see any difference

17. nonnex

nonnex Alien

hehe, yes, "Never play on patch day" does also apply for OS releases to me. :=

snyperal likes this.
  18. alexcrete 2

alexcrete 2 Simracer

I didnt see any any change in Ac since I installed win10 not better not worst. Only issue with some driver that's it!! I tought ill get better FPS and nope nothing improved!!

19. I have that little Windows 10 upgrade icon at the bottom right. Does that stay there until I decide to upgrade, or can I remove it?

20. alexcrete 2

alexcrete 2 Simracer

I do have that icon on my computer at work I think it's just to let you register to win 10 and get inform when it will be availble as a official release. I didnt try to remove it

21. SimonTek

SimonTek Simracer

hello
    i am a windows insider it works very fine, microsoft tries to deploy latest nvidia drivers thru windows update but actually those are an issue at the moment, once nvidia can fix it by releasing the same version on their website. so don't be worried or afraid, the ones who have a regular license can safely upgrade to w10 without compromising your previous products installs

i sent several comments to microsoft asking them to put driver download as option, to avoid sudden incompatibilities after updates, no certain answer received.
    for sure i suggest windows 10 to all the users who have windows 8 on their machines, no matter if recent or not.

what i'd like to ask to kunos actually is: will you plan to make a x64 version of the pc game and deploy it for free to all the users who already bought assetto corsa? in other words, are you going to replace x86 in the future?
    thanks

Cefa likes this.