1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Stefano casillo streaming ep. 7

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by grat, Jul 26, 2015.

1. grat

grat Simracer

I see nobody has posted this yet, so there I go.

Main points I remember:

• As anticipated on twitter, he found the bug that was causing extra vibrations on the wheel, especially for some cars at some speed. Apparently this fix makes the ffb transmission much smoother and detailed for all cars, tracks, and speeds. Together with the previously announced recalibration of SAT, it looks like it will be a big change (but I guess we'll have to recalibrate ffb for all combos :(). As it is a one-line bug-fix, I understand this will be included in 1.2
    • There is no fixed date for the release of 1.2, as a big bug might come up. BUT he hopes and is optimistic that it will be this week and said "this is probably the last Sunday before 1.2 is out"
    • He coded a provisional engine stall and starter button system. This was previously left out as it might create problems for auto-clutch users, but he coded this as something that kicks in only if auto-clutch is off, so it should work. The system was super-simple, but looked like it was working very well. He says they hope to do this IF it does not create too many issues with the UI and WHEN they have sounds and graphics ready for it.
    • He hinted at the end at Aris and himself thinking about how to code interactions between different aerodynamic parts (i.e. front aero affecting back aero)
    • He showed again the new AI. As I do not use it, I can't say how big the improvements are, but it seemed to work nicely, though some interactions during overtakes are still to work on.
    • He showed the new cameras for vallelunga and said they are ready for most tracks and should be done for 1.2 release. I liked them a lot. It's going to be much easier to follow MP races once you're off.
    • He said he's optimistic the false start issue will be solved on a server basis using the plugins that should come up: servers will choose whether to allow for false starts and how to deal with punishing them
    That's all I can remember.

2. Jaye

Jaye Alien

For completeness:

Jebus, Ischemica and Boris Lozac like this.
  3. .Repa24

.Repa24 Hardcore Simmer

Server plugins are our saviours! :D

4. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Thanks the compilation!

5. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I always welcome improvements, however the FFB is one area where I personally think AC has it spot on so any changes im a little nervous of.

6. Jaye

Jaye Alien

7. grat

grat Simracer

If it is a big change, I am sure many of us will feel it is strange, at the beginning. I, for one, have no track experience, so I barely know how ffb "should" feel. That is why I got into AC in the first place: everybody said it was the most realistic. If those vibrations are not coming from the physics, then I suppose we should not like them, even if maybe they perhaps made the wheel feel more alive. If Aris and Stefano think it feels more realistic, then it is a good start. After that, I'll look into what the most experienced people say. Of course I know it will be a pain for me to calibrate it right, as my only reference point will be the "old" AC.

Add to this that I can't never find suggestions for fanatic gt2 (apparently it is not that common).

8. GLENNYBOY1

GLENNYBOY1 Gamer

9. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Heh yeah, I like his style.

gandlers and GLENNYBOY1 like this.
  10. rycil

rycil Simracer

Well, we don't race that much at 40/50 kph, unless it is a Citroen 2cv race!

Did he show some lap in vallelunga with the Taatus, riding the curbs?

11. FFB is set very low on my PC, so I would be surprised if I "feel" much of a difference.

12. grat

grat Simracer

Hi Rycil: yes. I forgot about that. Went trough 3 or 4 laps, hitting as many curbs as he could. Some laps were faster and more aggressive, some slower and smoother. If you watch the video, he mentions exact times. Curbs did not cause any "suck in" reaction, which is very promising.

F1Dave likes this.
  13. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Really glad to hear FFB improvements (tire vibration and SAT). Cannot wait for release now.

14. Somebody can do screenshot again? On my smartphone i've seen him again showing changelog, and scrolling down car folder list, i read something me i think ;)

15. As g27 users, for me that problem it specially caused by too high ffb force and kerb effect value, causing ffb clipping, and making that famous shaking effect on the wheel.
    If you don't keep wheel really firm it can makes you follow it into wrong direction, and get sucked in instantly.
    They polished rumble/vibration effect, so it help to not have wrong reaction from the wheel anymore. And that's the solution to me.

16. Cuthere

Cuthere Racer

Is hard to read change log!

Michele Papis likes this.
  17. It was interesting because i read maybe 2/3 new rows down the list ;)

Cuthere likes this.
  18. wumpert

wumpert Rookie

@ 17.17 -> updated wheel damper effects. sounds good

19. rycil

rycil Simracer

Well, just watched part of the stream and yes,I am definitively looking forward the 1.2! So much improvement apparently!

Nice job KS!

gandlers and Michele Papis like this.
  20. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

"Let me adjust my camera so it doesn't look like a...... a sexy stream" :D:D:D

Deatroy, bondyboy, Kopiller and 2 others like this.