1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

1.2: steam workshop?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ir Sindaco, Jul 27, 2015.

1. ir Sindaco

ir Sindaco Alien

I haven't read anything about the Steam Workshop support in 1.2, still if i remember correctly the plan was to introduce it during spring/summer (can't remeber the thread/news/tweet where i read this back in the day). Any updated info on the subject?
    Thanks!

Filippo94 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room An idea for steam workshop Apr 26, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Steam workshop priority? Mar 25, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Steam workshop update? Mar 23, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Steam workshop? Jan 9, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Opinions on the lamborghini licensing & steam workshop support in spring Dec 31, 2014
    Chit Chat Room About steam workshop Oct 21, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Steam Workshop for share setups, skins or apps Dec 28, 2013
    Suggestions Driving Licence mode (mby also wth steam workshop) Nov 17, 2013
    General modding discussion Steam Workshop Jun 15, 2013
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game cancelled,DLL 'CSteamworks' can't load, no way lanuch Feb 23, 2024
    ACC Tools ACC will not recognise my Elgato steamdeck Feb 15, 2024
    Bug reports Anybody else having trouble with Steam's VR app? Jan 13, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to Play Assetto Corsa on Steam due to Malicious code found by AV Jan 5, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assetto Corsa won't launch thru steam Dec 19, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Steam License? Nov 27, 2023

3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

highly doubt its coming soon sadly, they said early 2015 but well things likely happened and it was pushed aside, bit of a shame because i know A LOT of people that would buy this game if it had workshop support

nate and ir Sindaco like this.
  4. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Yea seems it was pushed back, hope they make it work soon after v1.2 release.

ir Sindaco likes this.
  5. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

It shouldn't take too long to code, the would just mean the game would search multiple places for tracks and or cars and apps etc. Loading time might get longer as a result though. In my expereince though code always seems to find a way to catch you way off guard and screw up something.

ir Sindaco likes this.
  6. ir Sindaco

ir Sindaco Alien

Thanks guys, let's just wait for words from the Lord himself, or someone else from the staff. Hope this makes its way in soon, because it would greatly help the modded contents spread more easily and probably to a wider audience, and hopefully help for more quality modded content on online servers while we wait for more top quality DLCs from Kunos themselves, it's a win-win :)

7. Quffy

Quffy Alien

What if with Steam Workshop you can make it to play against cars you didn't purchase (dlc), but in a track you own. The content gets downloaded and installed in your pc, but you can only use a car you own, even though in the server there are cars you can't access. Then you can race against them as you have them installed, but of course they aren't linked to your steam account. The same way you can't use cracked dreampack dlc content in a legit copy of the game you own on steam. You can only use dreampack dlc with a non-steam version of AC.
    So this way, when new users install the game, they don't have to download all content, only in case they want to join online servers and want to use a GT3 car they own, against GT3 cars he doesn't. Then steam workshop automatically subscribes and installs the needed cars, or if not possible automatically, redirect him to the steam page where he needs to subscribe to download, so he races against dlc content he doesn't own.

This helps with not fragmenting the community, because currently both parties suffer, since those who own the dlc, don't have as much servers with the dlc content included as it could be possible, so both sides get fragmented and have unnecessary restrictions. For consoles, they will already have all the content from the get go, but on PC the online community will continue to be fragmented with more paid content packs released.

8. St3fan

St3fan Alien

That's a huge amount of work though... I wish when they first designed the framework for mp they were not too shortsighted and made it too hard to have a good implementation of Steam Workshop as you have described.

9. ap_gto

ap_gto Gamer

Excuse my ignorance but what exactly is steam workshop used for ?

10. St3fan

St3fan Alien

It is basically a marketplace of mods for a game. You can subscribe to any mod you like e.g. cars, tracks, apps, and then the Workshop will automatically install (properly) the mods for you and make sure all the mods are up to date, and when you unsubscribe the mod, it will uninstall the mod properly as well.

Atrax and ap_gto like this.
  11. wedge_one

wedge_one Simracer

Not a marketplace, more like a repository for mods.

You're talking about official content on Steam Workshop? I didn't understand. Steam Workshop is only for third party mods, like Formula Corsa, Formula Masters, Mazda Miata, etc. Not even paid mods like the URD EGT are going to be available on Steam Workshop because it requires purchase.

But regarding DLC, the best approach for Kunos is to follow the same steps of Bohemia Interactive with Arma 3. It has been discussed before.

jc1993 likes this.
  12. Quffy

Quffy Alien

I think there are no violations for Kunos putting their official and licensed content (dlc) in steam workshop. Because basically what workshop does is to install files in your pc, and keep them up to date when there are updates. But on the principle that you can't use this dlc content unless you purchased the dlc for your steam account. But you need to have car files installed if you want to join a server with a car you own against cars you don't. But of course a further development is needed from the devs, to make it possible that you can't use cars you don't have, on a server where you own at least one car and of course the track you must own it too.
    But Steam Workshop wouldn't even be needed for this, because they could add all dlc content when you install the game, but you just can't use it since you don't own it in your steam account, but is installed so that you can join servers, like in my explanation above.

13. St3fan

St3fan Alien

It is becoming a marketplace: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/aboutpaidcontent

Good or bad, remains to be seen. Imho it is important that the community makes sure that nobody is using their ripped-off stuff to rob people of their money on the Workshop.

14. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I would focus on the modded content. Steam Workshop is the perfect complement for an "open to mods" game like AC. One of AC's strongest points is the thriving community of modders and having an adequate content management for mods would just be the perfect fit.

I can haz Steeem Wokshap pltz?

Atrax and ir Sindaco like this.
  15. zaratul

zaratul Hardcore Simmer

Atrax and wedge_one like this.
  16. wedge_one

wedge_one Simracer

Like zaratul said, that feature was scrapped after the mod gate drama.

Of course there are violations. It's not a nobody land. You can even have you account closed for putting licensed content without permission.

Steam Workshop is actually pretty good and easy to use and it works very well for many games like Skyrim, Arma 3, Space Engineers, you name it.

17. CCX

CCX Hardcore Simmer

From what I've heard before though workshop wouldn't allow me to use official licensed names and branding on my cars. Is this true? If I have to make up names for cars and use fake badges that doesn't interest me.

18. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Wouldn't that apply to weapons as well? I'm pretty sure weapon model names are registered trademarks too, someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm using workshop for Insurgency and everything there have their real name. Maybe it's different with cars and company logos but I don't see how it could be.

Edit. Oh and of course I fully support workshop integration to AC, it's really neat system. As long as cars/tracks can use real names and logos that is.

19. nonnex

nonnex Alien

If true than this could be a problem in our case, but I don't have a good knowledge of the steam:workshop terms so I don't know either.

But if the current terms (maybe) are the only problem, then the team of "mod organizer" could maybe help out by supporting AC (if even possible (no clue)? Or Nexus itself?

I loved to use mod organizer in my Fallout and skyrim times: All have used it instead of workshop because of its great dependency, conflict, sorting, easy use and hell it has so many features.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1334/?

20. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I just realized that I don't own any racing game that supports Steam Workshop (and wow maybe workshop feature is actually sth really big to ask from kunos?)... so can't say much. And yes, shooter games' workshops have real gun names, but many are generic and you don't see the name of the actual manufacturer quite often. I'm wondering what the boundaries are.

21. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Maybe its simplier then we think. Lack of time to look deeper into it?

There were an E3, some console thing, 1.2 and only the Kraken knows what else. Maybe after 1.2 there will be a slot for it?