1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Kers and drs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Octane, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Octane

Octane Simracer

I've searched the forums and tried web searches but can't find any kind of comprehensive explanation of KERS and DRS in Assetto Corsa. Is there anyone out there that wants to explain which cars have these features and how to use them (properly with the biggest performance increases)?

Yeah, I'll be "that guy" :p. I'm naive/ignorant to the KERS and DRS features.

From what I gather KERS is built up energy that when applied is like a shot of NOS and then it slowly rebuilds as you brake. DRS could be nothing more than dropping the rear wing to reduce friction in long straightaways. Maybe its as simple as that and I'm trying to complicate a simple process. Maybe I'm not as naive as I think, maybe I am.

No, I haven't tried these so I deserve scolding for asking from some, but I would like to know if there is a preferred method to get the most out of these features.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Those cars in ACC have KERS or DRS? Jun 16, 2019
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes KersInput, DrsEnabled, DrsAvailable variables, Split times Jun 8, 2017
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Is it possible to disable KERS and DRS on server? Jan 28, 2017
    Console Lounge How do I deploy KERS and DRS with G29/PS4 Jan 12, 2017
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Python variables for DRS zone, KERS, ERS, Brake Bias, Differential, MGU-H/K? Jul 12, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Usage of drs and kers Oct 27, 2015
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Kers/drs not working on mouse steering Oct 9, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Keyboaord/mouse users can't use drs and kers? Sep 1, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Drs/kers activation on gamepads Dec 21, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Kers and drs Oct 20, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Hy-kers and drs Oct 18, 2014
    ACC Virtual Reality Misano skybox repeatedly flashes/flickers to black, skybox texture changes Jan 4, 2024
    Audio Bugs & Issues Sound doesn't work on my speakers Jun 25, 2023
    ACC Audio Sound doesn't work on my speakers Jun 22, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Wrong windshield stickers Oct 12, 2022

3. zaratul

zaratul Hardcore Simmer

@Octane, thanks for starting this thread. Even I want to know this as I have no idea if anything is happening when I try to press the DRS and KERS buttons which I assigned to my wheel. I don't know what visual cues to look to check whether they are working or not. I see cars like P1 and La Ferrari having red, green, blue bars in the Gear app but I can't seem to figure what they mean.

Octane likes this.
  4. SuperBobKing

SuperBobKing Racer

The P1 and LaFerrari have kers. The kers in the LaFerrari is automatic so you don't even have to be aware of its presence to use it, but I am not sure about the P1.

DRS in f1 just lowers the down force of the rear wing. Other adjustments are possible (I don't think f1 rules allow them though) but I have never heard of them being done. The f1 cars in AC are all too old to have drs systems, so I don't know any cars in the game that do. There were people complaining about drs only being able to be turned off by braking and not with the button so I am assuming that something has it, but I don't know what. It could just be mod cars though.

Enlighten, Horus and Octane like this.
  5. The Mclaren P1 uses DRS that you can activate on and off...to see it in action just use chase cam when going down a straight and watch the rear wing when you activate it on and off.

6. flyingpig

flyingpig Hardcore Simmer

LaFerrari and the McLaren P1 have their own version of KERS. It`s automatically built up and used too, so no need to worry about "activating" it in any way. In the LaFerrari, you can see vertical blue bars on the dash extend showing how much of the HY-KERS system you are using at any given time, and the horizontal green bars showing how much you have left.

The Lotus Exos S1 and the Mclaren P1 both have DRS. When activated the rear wing flattens out to allow more speed (but less downforce). DRS is activated/deactivated manually, although it will also automatically deactivate when you brake. The P1 has a set of blue lights on the left side of the dash which is full when the wing is working normally, and shows less lights when DRS is active. It also visually moves the rear wing when activated. The Exos does not show when it is active in any way. DRS on both cars can be seen to be working by using the Electronics app (although it may only be available if you have activated the dev apps).

Enlighten, Paratus, Horus and 2 others like this.
  7. Octane

Octane Simracer

Wow, thanks SuperBobKing and flyingpig. Very helpful info here!

I only have one question though...
    What's the purpose of mapping the KERS button? It looks like KERS is hands-off for these two cars. Maybe its for future cars or maybe the mods.

8. flyingpig

I can only assume the button will be of use sometime. There are still a few buttons we can map that don`t do anything at all :)

Octane likes this.
  9. mau92

mau92 Hardcore Simmer

But what about the IPAS on the P1? It should work like in F1 cars, an instant boost of power.

10. zaratul

zaratul Hardcore Simmer

Thanks All. Really helpful. First thing to do when back from work tonight :)

11. flyingpig

Our P1 is in permanent Race Mode, so IPAS release is done via the loud pedal, not a button.