1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

January news

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by AC Support, Jan 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony Rickard

Tony Rickard Racer

Absolutely though I guess it is whey need warning stickers on cups of coffee that they are hot as people can't work it out for themselves. A bit like the old folk around my way aren't chaining themselves to the council building because the binmen never turned up on the regular day over Christmas without any notice other than buried on a website when they don't have computers.

Maybe they should have held the F40 back to appease the literal few that aren't able to apply some pragmatism but I believe most the genuine enthusiasts here would far rather have had it when it was ready.

IMHO the "early access" phrase should be enough to signal this isn't a phased roll out of a finished product.

baristabrian likes this.
  2. bromstarzan

bromstarzan Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for info, keep up the good work!

3. With such a wide vision, everyone looking at your Steam avatar should guess that you are indeed a cartoony pig, because this is the image you used.
    I mean: imho a little step is needed to go from what you read to what is reasonably possible, in this case taking into account that kunos are humans and - like all of us - they have holidays.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  4. Jack_NL

Jack_NL Simracer

It was written in the forum on 31 December in the "Thoughts for 0.5" topic that there NOT will be a update!!
    how could you have missed that!

And how it is written it looks like its also mentioned before!
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/thoughts-for-0-5.4621/page-2#post-49558

So the people who have read this knew that there wouldn't be a update on 3 January

And why not a report on Facebook? well I can imagine why!

5. rhs

rhs Gamer

Well said and exactly my point of view; It's the principle of it all...

6. spamsac

spamsac Gamer

I think we'd all be better off if the principles we aimed for were keeping our toys in the pram, giving a little leeway, and a little maturity and understanding.

Your sandwich analogy would suggest people go unfed. In the reality of this situation, you have to wait a little longer for another pretend car to play with... That wait seems unacceptable because some people adopted a position of thinking either the devs would work through the holidays with no break, or somehow have the capacity to just double their output when the mood takes them.

Both of those seem rather ridiculous and unreasonable.

7. Between the people crying about AC being put on sale, not getting a new toy to download on christmas and new years, and now this I really wish I owned stock in KleenEx or Puffs tissues. Everytime somebody starts whining over something so trivial they always scream it's the principle....it's not the principle, it's that you are EDIT BY MOD. Get over it, make laps, and remember at the end of the day it's just a game.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2014
  8. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

in fact noboy wants a Sim which is only 30% done :rolleyes:

9. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

Indeed. The website clearly states updates every 2 weeks, be that car, track or feature. They could have released a new, simple app to cover themselves and prevent the spoiled children from whining, but I hope that the devs have decided to treat us like the mature adults that we are, and made the assumption that no-one would be expecting a major update over the Christmas holidays.

Lighten up kids, and just enjoy what you already have :)

10. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Please be polite, otherwise I'm forced to close the thread. Thanks.

11. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

I think we got way more content in the previous update than we'd expected, they could have probably waited and given us a car or two now rather than before x-mas, but would it really have been worth it so that they could stick to the almighty principle?

Tony Rickard, Fat-Alfie and paulieGTR like this.
  12. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

snip...
    These whiners just remind me of all the cry babies on GTPlanet.

I've never, ever experienced comments on a "race sim forum" such as this.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
    alex bonner and Fat-Alfie like this.
  13. Peter Burke

Peter Burke Racer

I was going to say. You guys know the company is Italian right. I doubt they were in very much during the month of August either. I fully endorse perhaps a slightly toned down version of that lifestyle. It beats the corporate servitude we do in the states and Asia. GT6 hasn't seen an update in a while and the games were "released" at a similar time. I paid similar money for each (after game trades for GT6) and I consider both in similar states compared to their advertised final spec. GT6 didn't state a 2 week release schedule, but mehh not a big deal. Especially after such a densely packed holiday season.

Perhaps a release was in order, but the AI wasn't cooperating so the release was delayed. Or they had a great time off and it delayed the release. I'm really really really itching to get new updates too, but I'm not going to get pissy about it; yet. If in February, the 2 week releases fade; then start complaining. We have paid for something (rather cheap all things considered) and schedules were advertised; so we should be able to gently push those who gladly took possession of that money. When a Nissan customer doesn't like the state of their radio they send it for warranty repair. First Nissan's QA staff (through the dealer) gets it then its sent to my employer's QA. If it's a design problem I'll hear about it. That's a big filter. Poor KUNOS doesn't have that filter. Their piped right to the customer. No filters can be good obviously when you want to make what the customer wants, and bad, more of a pain since the chain is so short.

I'd love to see MP so bad, but doing it right can be tricky. I come from GT5/6 and think their MP setup has improved with 6, but there are so many other ways to do it of course. I really want to see the three or so open wheelers come online next with Spa and Nürburgring GP sprinkled in for good measure.

Patience is a virtue, but the 17th can't come fast enough. V.4 is a great start from what I've sampled so far; it just needs more of the same.

Maybe the 17th will time with my G27 and possible Racing Rig arrival.

14. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Like we say where I'm from when someone doesn't get what they want - "Somebody Call a Whaaah-mbulance!" AC is just a game after all, a great start to one - granted but, it's hardly worth all the fuss regarding the assumed update around the holidays. I was hopeful to get an update too - especially if it included AI but, not at all surprised that it didn't work out - all things considered. Delays happen in business all the time - even more-so in game development.

Horus likes this.
  15. A delay was when we thought AC V1.0 would be released back in the Spring...and in the Fall before that......Going an extra couple weeks between updates is nothing!!

paulieGTR likes this.
  16. Horus

Horus Alien

Happy New Year to all at Kunos. I hope you all had a great time and are good and rested for the final push.

As for the people who have no life and think that family and friends don't need to see you over the Christmas period, shame on you! Honestly you should have been ashamed to post such drivel. I would rather have a well prepared update than one rushed because of holidays.

17. HackMac

HackMac Racer

The next update is about AI!
    Should we not better talk about that rather then complaining about that they dared to take the Xmas days off.

So to get back on topic, here are two videos showing very promising AI.

Thanks to the Devs at Kunos for all your past, current an future efforts to amaze us with what you obviously love. Keep up the great work. And take some time off again if you need to in order to make the best sim ever.

Itamar Vieira, Horus and alex72 like this.
  18. cberinger

cberinger Rookie

Also a happy new year and thanks for the great sim, Kunos! Every time I think "well, what about new cars, tracks etc..." I try to drive the cars I usually do not drive in AC and get happy over and over again - and start to learn the speacialties of all of them. This is where AC is also top notch - each car is really different and there is so much to learn... And still there ist netKarPro :)

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  19. Ahab

Ahab Gamer

Well when you write

and your not the only one saying this so why do you think I was just talking about you?

20. Queequeg

Queequeg Racer

Arrr.. Ahab have you seen my harpune so I can shoot some of these pedantic Quakers complaining about not abiding to the 2-week-schedule?:eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.