1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Beginners guide to triple monitor setup

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by yusupov, Sep 18, 2015.

1. yusupov

yusupov Alien

ive looked online but im not sure if the info is dated, & some of the terminology is new to me. first thing i need is a couple more monitors, as i only have one 24" screen. but im reading all 3 have to have particular inputs, including something called 'displayport' ive never heard of; ive always just used the dvi cable & snapped it into the back of the GPU. also, unless i count my physx card, i only have one output (that im familiar with using anyway) from my GPU (if the other GPU can be used, i have 3 of the basic DVI outputs).

basically im planning to just wait for a sale, either newegg or seasonal cyber monday type bs & grab 2-3 monitors for very cheap, i just want to be sure theyre capable of working together with my PC. i assume some kind of basic adaptor is common as well.

any help/tips/advice is much appreciated.

Kristaps and F430_458_F12 like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions How to gain good rep in ACC (Beginners Guide) Nov 2, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Setup Guide for Beginners May 9, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC Screenshots Beginners' Guide Dec 25, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Beginners guide to Assetto Corsa? Dec 21, 2017
    General modding discussion How to create your own showroom video guide / for beginners Jan 31, 2015
    ACC General Discussions Career-beginners questions Oct 17, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Developer Minolin just posted playlist of his Tutorials for beginners in ACC (GERMAN language) Apr 16, 2019
    Suggestions Nord for beginners Apr 25, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Practice server for beginners? Apr 10, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Beginners question., what do DRS and cycle TC mean? Sep 30, 2016
    Chit Chat Room League: seat leon beginners cup Feb 16, 2015
    Tracks modding Track building for beginners Jun 16, 2014
    Screens & Videos Zonda R - Monza Hot lap with tips for beginners Dec 18, 2013
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Misano | Track Guide + Setup | Tips to be faster Jun 14, 2022
    Screens & Videos HP Reverb G2 - VR Guide to get 90fps with amazing crystal clear graphics Mar 11, 2022

3. SuperBobKing

SuperBobKing Racer

Display port is just another output connector like dvi. With an adapter or displays that support it you can daisy chain multiple displays on one gpu output (and have the computer recognize them as separate displays) so that might cause some confusion. What gpu do you have? You probably won't be able to use the physx card to connect a display for triple screen in games. If it is one of those physx specific cards and not just a gpu being used for physx you definitely can't.

4. yusupov

yusupov Alien

main gpu is EVGA ACX 2.0 SC, the physx one is a 670

5. GTHQ_koop

GTHQ_koop Hardcore Simmer

You need display port(s) to run @ 120hz/144hz ;)

6. yusupov

yusupov Alien

thanks, so since im just targeting 60hz thats not actually anything i need to worry about?

7. GTHQ_koop

GTHQ_koop Hardcore Simmer

No, 60hz can be achieved with simple DVI outputs and/or HDMI :)

yusupov likes this.
  8. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Confirmed, my triples are connected via HDMI and 2 x DVI.

yusupov likes this.
  9. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

Watch the 180fov video on youtube, i have put helpful links in the description. (Todd Bettenhausen's video)
    All three monitors should be of same model and type.
    From my own experience i acn tell, you should have a decent pc to reach at least 60fps.
    There is a thread by Atle Dreier where the importance of monitor placement has been discussed.

yusupov and LeDude83 like this.
  10. 1karl1

1karl1 Simracer

Be prepared for cable management out of your nightmares too :) . I've resorted to using an old pair of black curtains behind my set up stuck to the wall with drawing pins to hide them all & it works well just having holes in them where the wires need to pop out behind the monitors . Also running the monitors from a different wall socket than the PC as my total needed plug socket count for a nice long gaming session is touching double figures now .

yusupov likes this.
  11. Punknoodle

Punknoodle Racer

I'm an industrial electrician and a little OCD when it comes to dressing in cables..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To the OP, my two side screens are connected with straight DVI to DVI cables, my centre screen is connected with a DisplayPort to DVI cable (my screens don't have DisplayPort connections). I used to use HDMI on the centre screen but I was getting weird problems like stuttering and screen dropouts and as soon as I went to DisplayPort/DVI, the problems disappeared completely.

I'm using a single GTX780 card to run all three screens, settings and framerate in my sig below.

yusupov, Hagen and 1karl1 like this.
  12. SuperBobKing

SuperBobKing Racer

For the first GPU you just said the brand and cooler, not what gpu model it is. There are a few that use that cooler, and not all of them have the same display outputs.

You will probably need one or more adapter cables to connect all of the monitors, depending on the GPU and the monitors. You can't use your 670 in SLI with your main gpu, so all 3 monitors will have to be connected to the main one. FYI, it is usually cheaper to get a monitor without hdmi and an hdmi to dvi cable than to get the same monitor with hdmi if both are available. Just find the monitors you want and get the cables to make them work (if they aren't included). If possible get 2 more of the monitor you already have, if not get ones that are as close as possible to the same size, and definitely get ones that are the same resolution. 24" monitors are not going to be exactly 24", they will be "24in class" so try to find the measured size of the monitor if you can. It isn't a big deal if it is slightly off but it is noticeable.

13. yusupov

yusupov Alien

yeah i checked last night & fortunately the monitor i have is easily available & pretty cheap, which should make things pretty simple...the model btw is the 980.

14. Punknoodle

Punknoodle Racer

The 980 will handle triple 1080p screens @ 60Hz just fine, it's a really powerful card.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

15. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

It sure will, mine is pushing 3 at 144Hz with locked 91fps

16. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

What settings? Cause I have dual 980 and I'm struggling to maintain 60 with the game looking like I want it to....

17. grizzlyman

grizzlyman Rookie

I just upgraded to triples a few days ago. I'm not sure if the same info applies to nvidia cards, but on my xfx 280x I tried using dvi dvi and HDMI and I could not get the third monitor to enable. After doing some research I found out that my card does not support 3 legacy outputs at once. The fix for me was to buy an active mini display port to dvi adapter ($20). Took me another hour to figure out how to get the screens where I wanted them in windows.

If this doesn't apply to you hopefully someone else that was in my boat will come across this post.

Good luck and have fun with the triples. I cannot explain how much more immersive and fun I've had sim racing with this setup, just awesome!

yusupov likes this.
  18. SuperBobKing

SuperBobKing Racer

I have triples working on a GTX 760 with dvi dvi and an hdmi to dvi cable.

19. GTX680 4 gig
    Dual link dvi to dual link dvi center
    Dvi to HDMI left
    HDMI to HDMI right

20. pro_nike

pro_nike Gamer

what do you think of my arrangement for 32 " ?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020