1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nvidia driver (best branch for ac)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by richard thompson, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Hi folks im currently running the 353.06 drivers and i am wondering if anyone using a later driver on win7 64 is getting better performance on AC?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Nvidia driver 531.68 issues. Apr 28, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4 Fatal Error Crash [nvwgf2umx.dll - nvidia drivers] Aug 25, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer [resolved - nvidia driver] Track-specific game freeze in both Single Player and Multiplayer Apr 13, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting help needed acc will not start after game/ NVidia driver update Mar 24, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting return to menus and monitor blank - not optimum mode [Nvidia driver "feature"] Nov 27, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions New Nvidia Driver add DLSS to ACC Nov 16, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 Fatal Error - 3 times already... [nVidia PhysX & GPU driver crash] Feb 9, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 Fatal error after installing NVIDIA driver [outdated integrated GPU driver on laptop] Nov 17, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Nvidia Drivers 445.75 - Image Sharpening causes UE Crash Mar 23, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality New VRRS feature in latest NVIDIA driver 441.87 Jan 7, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality New Nvidia drivers 441.87 VR disconnects Jan 7, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Nvidia drivers discussion Jul 11, 2019
    ACC General Discussions New NVidia driver for ACC released today May 28, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Nvidia drivers 418.91 Caution Feb 13, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Updating Nvidia Drivers Sep 19, 2018

3. elchshooter

elchshooter Hardcore Simmer

Very good question. I also am quite cautious, and don´t want to test 15 different drivers.
    Anyway, an answer wouldn´t be very helpful, as there are a lot of engine changes in 1.3.

4. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

I think you should upgrade. You can see my configuration is not powerful at all but with the latest 4-5 drivers that Nvidia proposed I get more of it.
    IMO upgrade is OK.
    My 5 cents.

I now see Nvidia released a new driver ... I'm with the previous. :) But I can upgrade A.C., update the driver and give some feedback.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    youwerelucky likes this.
  5. Horus

Horus Alien

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  6. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

Shouldn't it be better ... let some1 test it and if OK - do it.
    It's called progress. ;)

elchshooter and Rui Santos like this.
  7. Horus

Horus Alien

nVidia drivers and progress do not always walk hand in hand. I still remember people updating their nVidia drivers for it to turn the fans off and frying the cards. It is also which series of card you have as to getting any benefits. A 4/5 series will not see much improvement in comparison to say a 9 series. But hey, run a benchmark or two then update the driver, keep GPU-Z running to check temps and see if it improves your scores (I do not put much faith in benchies, but if it is all you have to work with then that's all you have). Remember all systems are different so what you see and what someone else sees can be radically different.

8. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I've been updating recently and I run a driver from ~2 weeks ago. The one before gave me random FPS drops (they freaking halfed!) when drifting a car :confused:
    Luckily, that hasn't happened ever since. About FPS I don't know because I use VSYNC and get steady 60 most of the time.

9. I had several problem with the last 5 driver, TDR crash was present since the 353.06 (first driver for the 980 Ti). The one i use now is the 355.98 (i think it's the last one), no TDR crash and got some improvement (maybe 1-5 fps) around some game like AC,DiRT and Witcher 3, the weird stutter and tearing when i play 1080p video and decoding from the video card are gone since the last driver.

You need to test them to see the one who fit your need, i see many ppl who have more luck with old driver than the new and don't forget to delete de driver with the DDU before testing another version http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html .

10. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Thx for linking that uninstaller, will use it next time I install new driver.
    But I'm sceptical here because:

1) NVIDIA driver install tool already does "clean install"...isn't that the same?
    2) does that really make a difference?!? I know it's propagated ever since but I never saw any A/B comparisons.

11. Horus

Horus Alien

No driver ever really cleans up the mess left from the previous version. You really should remove drivers in safe mode and then install the latest. But hey, most of the time you do not really see much difference from just a new driver install, it is only when you get problems that you have to get deep down and dirty with them.

12. Hi folks ive updated to 356.04 beta as they had good reviews on the guru3d forums . I first tested time trial then a 16 car race. the results are as follows:

time trial 353.06
    Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
    31389, 313703, 88, 111, 100.060

time trial 356.04
    28220, 282438, 86, 114, 99.916

16 car race 353.06
    12209, 371375, 25, 38, 32.875

16 car race 356.04
    13899, 392078, 28, 39, 35.450

Overall not a bad driver , i run AC maxed at 1440p on 2 x gtx970s in sli.
    If anyone wants to put more benchmarks up for later drivers then it would help everyone out . Thanks:D

13. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I'm a bit shocked that you get 35.45 AVG FPS in a 16 car race with SLI 970s. If you play with "only" high settings, shouldn't u be getting sky high frame rates?!?

14. i did a clean install when i upgraded from my GTX680 from the installer and when i started to have TDR crash some ppl told me about DDU. I tried it in safe mode and even after 4 install of beta/whql with clean install from the installer, DDU found some registery and dll file left from my last card. I don't know if this caused my issue because it was in reality the unstable driver itself, but if it's there and DDU think it"s useless. it's good to take 3 minute to boot in safe mode and wipe out the last trace.

For the installer, i think the big meaning of clean install is to reset the profile and setting in windows from the nvidia control panel, yes it clean alot of file but it seem some stay there.

Horus likes this.
  15. I dont know my settings are maxed and i run 4x sparse grid supersampling too so the game looking lovely. If their are any other 970 sli owners with my setup are are getting sky high frame rates let me know please.

16. Horus

Horus Alien

I agree LeDude, should be getting much better frame rates than that. Very strange, but then again SLi is not always what it is made out to be.

LeDude83 likes this.
  17. RReed43

RReed43 Hardcore Simmer

Today 7 Oct. NVIDIA just released a new driver class 358.50.

18. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

This is a pretty difficult question to answer since drivers can behave a lot different on different systems.

Horus likes this.
  19. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

@Horus - Yes, nVidia are not the best example for reliability ... but not to upgrade your drivers ... ever ... is plain nonsense. :)
    And I do agree that for my card ... drivers upgrade are a bit ... meh ...
    But I find it hard to explain how my FPS raised with 10-20% when I installed 1 of the drivers form the nvidia assembly line. Nothing else changed.
    So either it removed something that was hampering the card performance or they really worked.
    So ... yeah. I'm just saying that it might be good idea to update from time to time.

As admins say ... Use the second to last update. Just to be safe. :D

LeDude83 likes this.
  20. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

OK I did some tests, for any1 that is interested.
    355.98-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql
    Imola, hotlap - around 100 fps.
    Imola, 10 cars grid - around 30 fps at start - then 50-90.

Then I upgraded the game, same driver.
    Same stats.

Then I upgraded the driver also.
    358.50-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql
    Imola, hotlap - around 110 fps.
    Imola, 10 cars grid - around 30 fps at start - then 50-90.
    A bit weird though - while watching the replay FPS dropped to 15 at the start, then back to around 50.

Overall ... so far ... good driver, the last 1.

Cheerzzz.

21. ouvert

ouvert Alien

358.50 .. no issues, more than enough FPS (as long as it is 90+ i don`t really care)
    tested: barcelona, alone: 200- 222
    14 AI: 98 - 130
    but I`m not runnig max settings .. just high/very high and 2x AA ..

funny thing is if you stay still on start, AI cars will stay behind you for 50 seconds, than disapear and reapear in pits :) ..

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015