1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Visiting the nürburgring - things one needs to know?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Salad Fingers, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

What would an amateur need to know about visiting the ring and driving around in the track?

When is it open to amateurs, how much is the price, how long does it stay open, can one keep doing lap after lap or is there waiting involved in the pits?

Is there a hotel to stay at the track for someone that intends to spend few days there?

Is there a good period to visit, to maybe catch a race then also drive, in a period of about a week?

Do they still rent that sweet little Renault Clio Sport?

Does one need a racing license or will a road driving license do too?

And finally, would one need an extra pair of underpants for the Flugplatz? :)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Physics Bugs & Issues Sudden change in car balance after visiting pits Dec 30, 2014
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Strange terrain texture after the Schumacher-S on the new 24h Nürburgring layout Apr 4, 2024
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Driver Profile / Stats / Track / 24H Nürburgring Apr 3, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.0 update and Nürburgring 24hr DLC are OUT NOW! Apr 3, 2024
    Bug reports Statistics-Bug in 24H Nürburgring Apr 2, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Broadcasting API is missing track data for the Nürburgring Apr 1, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [ACC][PC][GT3] ACRL 6h Nurburgring | 6th May Apr 25, 2023
    Screens & Videos Peel P50 at the Nurburgring Nords Mar 5, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACRL-Assetto Corsa Racing League-acrlonline.org-6hrs of Nurburgring 18th March Jan 23, 2022
    ACC General Discussions Circuit de la Sarthe & Nürburgring Nordschleife Nov 22, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Nurburgring - Wet (Rain) | HotLap | Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo - 2:06.063 Oct 18, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Duo Series - Nurburgring May 27, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC - Nurburgring - Track Guide - Tips to be faster Mar 26, 2021
    ACC Physics Lamborghini Huracan Aggressive Preset Nürburgring Mar 24, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC - Nurburgring - Hot Lap + Setup - Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo - 1:53.808 Feb 17, 2021

3. Maxidyne

Maxidyne Hardcore Simmer

Kristaps and Salad Fingers like this.
  4. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

There is a pretty good hotel on track - The Dorint

and if you pay extra for a balcony then you'll have this view from your room:-
    [​IMG]

St3fan and Salad Fingers like this.
  5. Skybird

Skybird Alien

"Visiting the nürburgring - things one needs to know?"

Well, look left and right before crossing the street.

:D

6. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

Hahaha, funny answers :)

Thanks for the link, I failed at googling this time around. Checking it out!

edit: Damn that view looks nice. I hope it's not too expensive.

7. Ferdi

Ferdi Hardcore Simmer

Best and most honest advice I can give you... for a first timer, don't even consider looking at lap times. Get a feel for the track (and the car if rental) first, take it very easy.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/en/drives-fun/drives/touristenfahrten/tourist-rides-nordschleife.html

There are quite a few hotels in the area, just google for hotels in Adenau and the Nurburgring area, should come up with plenty of hits.

Naturally during the prime season (june/july/august/september) the track will be packed as long as the weather is good. Sometimes the track will open for about 2 to 3 hours after the iPool finishes their day to day business, those are the best moments, but hard to predict. Also be aware of German holidays or festivities.

RSR Nurburg still offers the car for rent, not entirely sure about other companies but given the popularity of the car there's bound to be a few that still have them.

Normal driving license will do.

That depends on your own driving :D

A final and important note: If you decide to take your own car out for a spin, make sure to check your insurence. Some insurance companies outright ban the Nurburgring so you might want to read up on it or contact the company you're with.

Hope this helped.

Rodrigo Pires and VenomSRT like this.
  8. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

Stayed at pension zimmer and could see the practice going on for the vln race whilst eating breakfast, and the castle from bedroom window. was cheap but I don't think the owner spoke much english.

What are you planning to drive?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

9. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

nurburgring, I will do it! And I mean staying there for one night for sure!

Good Luck!

10. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

Oh for sure, I wouldn't even bother with lap times. Just want to enjoy driving there for real after all those years I've fallen in love with the track.

It sure did, thanks!

Not sure about that, I was looking mostly into renting a car because I don't want to worry about wrecking my own tires and stuff. I don't plan to drive very fast so I don't worry about damaging the car either, but you never know eh? I will be there with a friend and we will either each get our own car or get one and swap places each lap etc. Price will be a big factor of the final choice, but we don't want anything too fast, we aren't that experienced with faster cars and this being green hell I think some modesty is required.

11. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

You need to look for tourist drives. Your best bet would be to aim for a full race weekend: Fr+Sa VLN (by far the best visitor experience that includes Nordschleife) + Sunday tourist drive. Unfortunately you're late this year, this weekend there is a VLN but no more tourists.
    Tourist drives are either on the GP layout (15mins = 25€) OR Nordschleife tourist (1lap = 25€), dependent on the event type.

AFAIK there are no real amateur races where you just can jump in without education/licences, but doing the required trainings should be fun and racing as well. The "touristenfahrten" are the exception here, just a streetvalid car and licence required.
    Flugplatz and some other track segments have non obligatory speed limits (down to 80 kph), so no need for more than 3 extra pants required.

There are some hotels, but they take up 300€ per night (event dependent, Dorint @ VLN is around 160, this is what @bondyboy showed off - I'd guess 3rd floor?). Pensions are fine as well and take around 20-35€/night. The one I know doesn't talk english well, but the same applies to german :D If the weather is good camping is very cool there as well.

For renting a car you should look for RSR. Maybe a GT86? :)

Important: Don't underestimate the weather conditions in the Eiffel. It's gonna be ****ing cold now. You can easily have sunshine, heavy fog and rain across the track at the same time. For your own safety/health I would maybe visit the VLN weekend now, but wait for summer times regarding personal track experience.

12. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

Cool, I used rsr and got Clio rs200 and it was awesome. Rsr were great, but their insurance excess is very high, there was another company that did rs200 and gt86 for similar up front cost but half the excess. Think it was rentforring or something, they only have 4 or 5 cars on their site, I'll look it up if you're interested

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edit it was rentracecar

baboon likes this.
  13. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

You can rent other mildly hot cars for the ring too. http://rent4ring.de/en/ these guys put up some mad little Swift Sports with proper brakes, wheels and suspension work for the rigors of the Ring. 130 hp should be enough for beginner laps methinks :rolleyes:

14. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

So you think it would be better to hold off until next year or summer time later this year? Good tip about the 3 extra pants, heh. GT86? They rent those bad boys? I'd surely want to try one, I've never driven one before and getting into it in the ring?? Nerdgasm. Lastly, yes I didn't even think of joining actual races, just the regular tourist thing they do. I would never even think of racing there before I somehow put quite a few laps down and with quite a few cars. But the training sounds fun, do you get anything in return if you complete it?

edit @ears1991 It's alright I will look them up myself, there's some fun in that too :) Thanks though

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  15. Horst1

Horst1 Simracer

Drive on the right side of the road, overtake on the left. Overtaking on the left is mandatory, the Straßenverkehrsordnung is still in place there during trackdays. So be nice and go to the right if a faster car is aproaching. Dont be an uninformed tourists and give attention to the local rules. Its not rare that tourists come to Germany to drive like absolute maniacs ... and we have to clean up the mess afterwards lol.

16. Minolin

Depends on how far you have to travel and stuff.. I always say we visit the ring and VLN as often as possible, because I don't know how long it will be available.
    But if you don't plan to do this several times you should wait for early or late summer, it's like a dream then.

You get some licence stuff that is requirement for the next licence :D
    But you also are really educated and taken care of.. On a tourist drive you are alone on a dangerous track with a lot of idiots. It isn't that far away from what you can see on public simracing. Yes it's cool, of course. Personally I prefer to wait for a bike only GP tourist event, and even this scares me.

baboon and Salad Fingers like this.
  17. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

18. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

Yes, it's a bit late in the season, I think they had frost already this year.

I went with RSR and got a Clio, and I stayed at the inn next to the castle. I believe Martin was the guy's name.

It was a trip of a lifetime. I don't think I spent more than 1500 US Minus flight and retail car to the ring, but this was back in 2011.

Be carful of renting a car just to get to Nurburgring, I spent 1.5 years disputing the fact that I did NOT take the airport rental on track. Thank you American Express.

Salad Fingers likes this.
  19. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

It was the 4th or 5th floor (I asked for top floor) and yes about the right price, I paid 169€ - cracking breakfast though

20. Minolin

5th? Probably not, angle looked more like 4th. But yes, the breakfast has to be mentioned explcitly. Overall pretty much worth the money, although 160€ is really crazy for a few hours in a medium bed (and you can have the bad luck to pay the same price for a room on the other side :( ).

21. Look in the mirrors often:)
    Seriously, if possible for you, i strongly recommend driving there during the week, not the weekends.
    Far less traffic (except for the locals, which usually know what they are doing), far less idiots, far less potential for disaster:

baboon likes this.