1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Best track setting for practice & fooling around?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Slamdrunken, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Slamdrunken

Slamdrunken Racer

I'm currently using green track as default & between 19 & 22 degrees celsius
    i feel like the lesser the grip, the car feels more alive but sometimes it make some cars very understeery or oversteery, for example running the 4c on optimum grip it just understeer, but on a slow track it feels almost 911 like, carrying its *** along.

Similar thing with the GT40, i made a setup for mugello / fast track setting & it feels almost perfect, you can steer with your right foot, but if i lower the grip to dusty or slow it will oversteer into every corner & the balance my setup has is now gone. some insights?

Robin_NL and kofotsjanne like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC - Best Cars for each Track Aug 10, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards What are the best car-track combinations for SA? Mar 9, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Best lap time missing from Single Player tracks PC version Oct 23, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Personal Best Laptime not saving/shown on any track Jul 22, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Aligning eye level to horizon - best track? Jun 8, 2020
    ACC User Interface Suggestion: Track Best time Aug 30, 2019
    ACC General Discussions How to best unlearn wrong track "knowledge" Apr 19, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Which is the best car/track to show someone into simracing? Mar 24, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Best and worst looking race tracks maps Nov 27, 2017
    General modding discussion What are the best mod tracks ? Oct 6, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Is it Silverstone the best track made ever? Jul 12, 2017
    Console Lounge So far for me best track/car combo......(competition possible?!)) Sep 15, 2016
    XBox One Discussions Best Track Settngs For Improved Performance..? Sep 3, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Best Hillclimb track? May 18, 2016

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I have not thought about this myself but its interesting!

4. kevje

kevje Racer

Insights? Maybe. But this is precisely why setting up a car correctly is important. It wont always work for every condition. Say you start a long 40 lap race and the track is very slippery that only halfway in improves. If say you start on the Hard compound the chances of getting understeer with the average setup will be quite high. Later on in the race where the grip of the track rises and you might switch over to the Medium compound, suddenly you gain a lot of grip at the front, and in return the rear might become more lively.
    What you could do (and this is just my take on it, pinch of salt etc..) is make a balanced setup, and when the track is slippery at the start of the race you begin with Soft/Medium compound. As the race progresses the track grip will go up and up, and switching to the Hard compound will give you a similar grippy feel as when you started the race. So slippery track + grippy tyre compound, going over in grippy track and a slower tyre compound.

I feel its best to make a setup that works decent in both conditions when you use this method in a race. Going overboard countering understeer for the early part in the race might give you a very loose rear end towards the second half of the race.

If anyone has something to add to this or tell me im completely wrong on this way of thinking, lemme know! :D

edit; It didnt exactly answer what you asked for though haha. But maybe it helps figuring out what you want ^^

Robin_NL likes this.
  5. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

This is like real life behaviour.
    Summertime dry 'hot' asphalt: You can go faster than when it's autumn, cold asphalt/wet surface offcourse.

So a car which seems planted in summertime, loses the rear a few months later (or plows understeered into an armco) when stepping on the gas at the same time in that bend. What else is there to say. Physics:)

Cheers
    Robin

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  6. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Anyway my tracksetting Always is 14 degrees Celsius and Green track. Realism...:)

Cheers
    Robin

7. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Perfect gym, I'd like to be a member. ;)

GT40 in AC isn't a wild beast like you might have been imagine it, but once I took it on the 'Ring, set grip to slow, heavy fog and 14C it's pretty different to what it is with pefect grip on sunny day.

Depends. On Catal Barcelona or on the tracks based in Italy I suppose 26C and way more is also realistic during summer.

I'm using pretty much everything, from cold temps like mentioned above (14C) to 26C, although grip isn't perfect too often, usually I use green.

8. I have been told that the Alfa 1600 GTA tyre physics are "borked", but I still don't know if this also extends to the Ford GT40. After all, it uses vintage tyres aswell.

9. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

We could confirm Dutch realism if there was rain too :p

Robin_NL and kevje like this.
  10. kevje

kevje Racer

The best for Zandvoort during the summer would be 18-22 degrees ambient temperature, with a mostly clear to slightly cloudy weather setting. Driving there outside of the peak summer time weather its more like 0-15c and light clouds to more cloudy :D

11. Slamdrunken

Slamdrunken Racer

I know that weigth distribution & weight transfer has a bigger impact on lower grip tracks, a rear engine car will understeer more the lower the grip BUT its traccion should keep up.

However should the different track settings have such an impact on cars balance? as i said before the 4C feels on rails with optimum grip yet if you turn the grip down to Slow or Dusty, it feels like a 911, waving its tail everywhere to the point that you do whatever you can do erradicate that oversteer on your setup

12. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

GT40 also handles to good:rolleyes:

13. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Like in easy/ on rails/ neutral/catchable slides?

Cheers
    Robin