1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

5 second rule in race ? Damn...no way

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Felice Pugliese, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Felice Pugliese

Felice Pugliese Hardcore Simmer

I can not believe that the 5-second rule also applies in the race! This is absurd! When your opponent sends you out you have to suffer the penalty ... this frustrating as well as ruin all the magic and the immersion of the game, and all in a moment becomes so ... ARCADE Kunos why ... why are you doing this? I do not know about you but I can not run the race after this happens to me ... it's fake ... please remove it, there is also a survey on this and people have made it clear how he feels.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Cars teleporting for a split second into pit lane and back Feb 17, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Loss controls for some seconds during the game ACC Apr 27, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Losing connection after 30 seconds Mar 30, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game freezing for several seconds mid Race Jan 1, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality 2 _ seconds faster Oct 26, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Why do I suddenly have a second wheel? Sep 28, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards PACE (PC) Rating dropped 89 to 69 in seconds Jul 15, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Best way to setup reverse grid-second races offline? Jul 5, 2022
    ACC Physics Getting stuck in second on Indianapolis exiting turn 11 Jul 4, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Freeze for several seconds in race. Subsequent crash (in the track) Apr 28, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer CP servers losing connections second day Apr 6, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting (PC) Game freezes for several seconds after last lap resulting in car crash [HDD goes to sleep] Mar 24, 2022
    ACC Physics BMW 2018 GT4 leaving pit box, FFB on wheel feels grainy and engine cuts out after 1 second Mar 19, 2022
    ACC User Interface ACC on secondary (not main) monitor Oct 24, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC freeze for 1 or 2 seconds Apr 21, 2021

3. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

I cant turn it off in the ini file, immensly annoying

4. Bailey

Bailey Alien

I would like to say that I do not favor the 5 sec penalty in the AI races currently in EA 0.5.
    ~Bailey

5. KevinM

KevinM Gamer

+1
    I have never in my life seen anything like this in real racing.
    I hope to see proper penalties (drive-through, black flag etc) in the future.
    edit: Where's the delete button? I see that this has been addressed in the .5 thread. Merge?

6. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

after all the threads and posts, predicting this sort of situation with this kind of penalty in race, they still implement it.. hmmm

EDIT-- SORRY KN ive just read you have been looking into doing something - my apologies

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  7. Bailey

Bailey Alien

You gotta think that even though they implemented it they could be working on a solution which is not ready yet.
    ~Bailey

Patrik Marek and xtremepsionic like this.
  8. Very frustrating. Please remove it.

Is it not possible to implement in some areas of the track, and to measure throttle and brake application during the off track excursion?

Unless this is only in the special events mode - hopefully it wont be in the actual full race mode when that is released.

9. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

EDIT-- SORRY KN ive just read you have been looking into doing something - my apologies

10. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

How to disable it for practice mode? Which .ini do I need to tweak?

11. Asilo_Driver

Asilo_Driver Racer

12. Felice Pugliese

I do not understand why you have to do as much physical work on graphics, templates, etc. tracked. and then mess it up with such a stupid thing, IA also needs to be improved, if you take the penalty slow down on the track and the car behind you are without him avoid you and then you're still out and still ... ahhhhhrggggg penalty ... I'm really disappointed and angry about this ... it's absurd.

PulpQuango likes this.
  13. alex72

alex72 Alien

Yes it has to be removed. Does it make sense anywhere in the sim? I mean if you go into the grass you still loose time lol.

The only thing Kunos need to do is put a text on screen saying "invalid lap" when going out too much (for hotlapping eg). No need for slowdown, just invalid instantly and keep driving like nothing happened around the track to start timer again at start/finish.

14. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

I'm really hoiping for a Hotfix for the penalty, as Aris said he's not happy with it so why include it in the first place? a bit baffling is'nt it!?

PulpQuango likes this.
  15. Felice Pugliese

I propose that as in reality:

1 warning
    2 warning
    3 stop and go / drive-through

16. alex72

alex72 Alien

Yes for race i agree, but for hotlapping we only need the green light to turn red and say INVALID LAP, and then we keep driving around the track to start/finish to start the green light again (timer) and can do hotlap again.

marcocale and xtremepsionic like this.
  17. Zorg

Zorg Gamer

I hope the 5 sec penalty becomes optional, don't like it in any event.

klieberung likes this.
  18. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

If someone needs ti know how to turn it off for practice mode: Mydocuments>Assetto Corsa>race.ini change
    [LAP_INVALIDATOR]
    ALLOWED_TYRES_OUT=-1

19. CTR69

CTR69 Racer

The only excuse i see for implementing the slowdown penatly is, if the players would give themselves better top speed in the hotlap, by somehow cutting the last corner in the warmup lap.

PulpQuango likes this.
  20. alex72

alex72 Alien

Yeah maybe. Why not just invalidate the whole coming lap if you do? Could be done. Just need a little more work. :)

xtremepsionic likes this.
  21. Mitch12

Mitch12 Gamer

For crying out loud get rid of this stupid penalty system just remove it it ******** why ever you have it in a sim
    is beyond me.:mad:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2014
    PulpQuango likes this.