1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Did dirt rally destroy my ac force feedback?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Mike1304, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

In the last years I almost only played AC. Since a few days I also play Dirt Rally. Suddenly the FF of AC feels weird!
    It is much too strong now and totally different; ...it has lost it's magic!
    As I only use one (global) setting in the logitech profiler for my G27 and have a check in the option "allow game to change settings": is it possible that the second game "Dirt Rally" has changed something in the settings? Even a restart of my PC doesn't help. It seems that I have to find new FF settings in AC although my values didn't change!?
    Can't believe that it is placebo...

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Did the developer stop updating events on xbox series x? Nov 20, 2023
    ACC Tools Motec i2 pro software - track analysis didn't show up the track map May 22, 2023
    ACC Physics New physics didn't work for the BMW M4 GT3 May 2, 2023
    ACC Physics Did ACC get robbed of FFB dynamic range & understeer feel in 1.8.12 update? Mar 30, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Disconnected | NO STATS, SERVERS| THIS DID NOT WORK: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?th Jul 9, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Did v1.7.7 or v1.7.6 Ruin Performance? Apr 14, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Multiple questions, and I did my search :) Dec 21, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Why the hell didn’t my game save?!!! Dec 4, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Competition history didn't update since 1.6.1 Nov 21, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Statistics didn't update (Imola+Audi) Nov 19, 2020
    ACC User Interface Where did my hands go? Oct 9, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer why do race result disappear as if they didn't exist? Aug 15, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos depth of field settings didnt effect the game [Solved] Jul 28, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ok...so you guys did it. What's next? Jul 10, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Did yo know? May 24, 2020

3. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I can assure you I can ( and frequently do ) switch between both with out reboot, and AC FFB feels great as ever.
    Maybe try to reinstall your Logitech software/driver and see if this helps.
    I'm shure the problem is on your system.
    Good luck.

eXo and Robin_NL like this.
  4. mannitom77

mannitom77 Racer

I had to try it because I have played only Dirt rally past week. I must admit that it feel strange. It feels somehow null and flat but not stronger for me. Like nothing is happening. But it's same as before.

It must be a placebo because in dirt rally there's so much information through wheel. I mean continuous counter forces, weight loses because of jumps and brakings and shaking because of uneven rocky surfaces.
    And then you go to AC where is flat shiny and grippy tarmac. No wonder it feels somehow empty. But this is just my theory. You could have some issues too but I hope not.

esox71 likes this.
  5. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

It is possible if: You have a corrupt ini file for the Logitech Profiler.

The Global settings for the Logitech wheels should not have "Allow Game to Change Settings". You can check the box in a custom profile but, there have been cases where having it checked in the Global Profile can affect how the wheel works as the base controller settings can constantly be altered by game settings.

Replacing the global ini file with the original or re-installing the Logitech software should fix the problem.

6. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Nah, I don't think that my AC FF suddenly feels bad because dirt rally feels so much better.
    I fear I have a problem on my system side. I hope I can figure it out...

7. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Thank you I will try that!

8. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

I've experienced similar with Euro Truck Simulator 2. Don't play that anymore, but I felt sometimes like it's interfering with AC ffb, and after switching games AC ffb felt completely wrong. AC ffb felt overly stiff and unresponsive. It was not placebo or anything like that, it was very clear effect. Rebooting PC usually solved it.

Might have been that I had Logitech Profiler set wrong (Allow game to change settings ticked in Global). Used to have G27 back then. Now I use T500RS and don't play other sims than AC, no problems anymore.

9. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

This! But unfortunately this time a reboot didn't help. Perhaps the problem is that I have a check in the option "allow game to change settings" in my GLOBAL logitech driver. Will try to reinstall logitech driver and then set up individual profiles for AC and DR. Hope this will help...

10. D1visor

D1visor Alien

Yes, I've experienced that before. Solution? Unplug and replug the wheel. Done.

esox71, Mike1304 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  11. SimDrive

SimDrive Simracer

Check the wheel rotation degrees after you exit Dirt rally. Recently I noticed that after I play something else (RF2, Dirt, RRE etc) the wheel rotation degrees get reduced in the main profile to whatever the last car I was driving which makes the FFB in AC all wrong. Not sure if you have the same but worth checking. Apart from that, nothing wrong with the AC ffb at my end when switching between games.
    I know it's in my signature but just in case, I have t500rs.

Good luck!

esox71 and Mike1304 like this.
  12. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Okay guys, I have the good FF-feeling back in AC! The only thing that helped was a reinstall of logitech-profiler for my G27.
    Now I wanted to setup the profiler as suggested in the above posts: NO check for "allow game to change settings" in the global settings. Therefore I wanted to make game specific profiles for AC and Dirt Rally and make the check there.

And after I fired up AC I suddenly remembered why I only had one global setting!:

If I make a game-specific profile the game doesn't recognize the controller-buttons which I have bound to specific functions (for example "Esc-Button", "Traction control"...) in the logitech profiler!

I tested a bit more and found out that my buttons (assigned in the profiler) will only work in AC if I go to the options tab in the profiler, then click "use profile with game" (don't know if these are the exact words in english because I have installed german version) and in the upcoming window I MUST CHOOSE "use unchangeable profile" (or something like that; translated from german). If I would use "don't use profiles automatically for games" or if I would choose "use profiles automatically for games" (which should be the best option in my optinion) it simply doesn't work!

Now I do not dare to start another game than AC. What would happen if I start Dirt Rally (even if I have generated a game specific profile for DR; but it seems that the only ("global"?) and unchangeable profile will be connected to AC)? Will it destroy my force feedback in AC again?

Any ideas?

Can anyone reproduce (or does anyone understand) the phenomenon that keybindings made in logitech profiler don't work in AC if you choose "use automatic profiles"?

13. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Simracer

I can't explain why it's happening or what is happening, but if I just leave the logitech profiler "open", I can switch between games and have settings as they should be within each game. If it's not open, then every time I change games, I have issues like you do with a different degrees of rotation based on the last car I drove in the last game, as SimDrive mentioned above.

And I have allow game to change settings checked in my logitech profiler, as it is recommended by "at least someone" ;).

14. Skazz

Skazz Racer

its rFactor 2 which changes degrees of rotation in driver.

esox71 likes this.
  15. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Just to clarify, the Global "Allow Games to Change Settings" should not be checked; the custom Game-specific profile linked to the Game exe can have it checked.

From my experience, not doing so will result in inconsistent results with FFB. I don't recall having issues with button assignments but, to use this method, the Profiler needs to be running.

If you want to play games without the profiler, then the global settings should be applied but, you lose the ability to have custom controller assignments and rotation through the profiler for various games each having unique settings. If the profiler is not running and you allow games to alter the Global profile, then - of course, FFB behavior will be different from one game to the next and be dependent on the previous settings made to the global ini.

Inconsistencies in how this is all managed will only breed more inconsistencies and frustration. That was my experience using the Logitech Profiler. Either approach may work but, mixing them is a bad idea IMO.

16. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

Have you set the logitech profiler to acs.exe and not assettocorsa.exe.? This was a common problem before, just thought I'd mention it.

17. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Maybe I destroyed my global.ini with this. Do you know where this global.ini is saved? I would like to delete it and try a last reinstall of logitech profiler. Because after my last reinstall the profiler somehow still remembered my global settings (damping at 20% for example)...

18. mannitom77

mannitom77 Racer

Now this is strange. I have the other way round. In global setting my buttons wont work but in game specific profile they work.

19. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I don't recall - sorry, it's been years since I used Logitech. Re-installing the Wingman driver software should take care of it.

20. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Not a placebo for sure.
    I have just discovered this "residual FFB" phenomena myself with OSW.
    It looks like there is still some friction effect still applied to the wheel after you exit the game. Tested and retested it, the only way to clean it is to restart the wheel controller. Completely weird.

21. ????

I used a DFGT for years and never made a custom profile for any game and always had 'allow games to change settings' checked in my global settings with no problems; the only thing I would ever change would be degrees of rotation if I was playing an older sim/game that didn't support 900.

Robin_NL likes this.