1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Use default ppeffects with 1.4

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Aristotelis, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Hello everybody.

TLDR:
    PLEASE SELECT ONE OF THE DEFAULT PPEFFECTS AND WEATHER AVAILABLE IN AC.
    DO NOT USE THIRD PARTY PPEFFECTS AND WEATHER WITH 1.4

With the imminent release of AC version 1.4 (and Dream Pack 3) we are introducing some great improvements in the reflections, FXAA antialias, exposure and general image quality.

Unfortunately though, this means we had to break compatibility with old ppEffects.ini files. This means if you have added third party ppEffects.ini's you will have exposure problems or other issues.

We know this might cause a bit of frustration but as you will find out by yourself, it is worth it, as it is a great improvement and will also enable modders to achieve even better photorealistic ppeffects in the near future.

Cheers.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    ericRacer, Mr Nice, Shaddix and 37 others like this.
  2. Horst1

Horst1 Simracer

It already looks awesome on the screens! Lets hope the modders understand how such developments work and that mod compatibility cant be always guaranteed. Stay calm and enjoy the new graphics guys ;)

3. I think that I am already using the default PP effects, so I am sorted :)

Salad Fingers and esox71 like this.
  4. TDS

TDS Alien

if i use custom made pp filter using an default one as a base, it will be overwriten when updating? or do i need to delete it and verify game cache?

5. Can't wait to see it for myself... even more looking forward to trying some street cars on V6 tyres??

No matter, I appreciate the hard work from you and the rest of the team. Make sure to take a nice long break over Christmas (after all the cars have V6 though :p Just kidding)

6. Do we also have to use the default weathers with 1.4 ?

7. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Yes

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  8. do we have to enable FXAA antialias then?

9. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Man I can't wait. Thanks guys. Grazie mille!

Cheers
    Robin

10. TDS

TDS Alien

11. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Steam cache will only replace your edited game filters if you didn't change the name. So if you edited default.ini but the file name remained the same, then default.ini will change based on the v1.4 update.

TDS likes this.
  12. TDS

TDS Alien

Yes exactly i edited the dynamic pp filter and didnt changed its name.. so i will not do verify game cache and let the update overwrite it :)
    Thanks!

13. or is it embebedd or part of the code like the log says.

14. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

I WILL BE USING 3RD PARTY PP EFFECTS SO THAT I CAN IMPROVE WHAT FILTER ISSUES OCCUR FOR THE GENERAL IMPROVEMENT OF MR. ALPEM THE GREATEST MOST REALISTIC GRAPHICS MOD IN ASSETTO CORSA TO DATE. SO THERE.

:D :p

Chazz Ranger likes this.
  15. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Pretty sure that wasn't the intention, but maybe in Aris' red text it missed a part that said something like "until third party modders update their own".

16. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

Arrrggh... I JUST got my custom PPfilter and weathers to the point where I love them, and now... :confused::rolleyes:

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  17. MaRcIu

MaRcIu Gamer

I was using the default PP effect with clear car textures in TV cameras with 1.3 update. now in this update the image is blurred again. I have to use another PP effect

18. coret3x

coret3x Simracer

sa

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  19. murderous972

murderous972 Racer

I did a fresh install and before that i deleted all assetto corsa folders in my docs and in steam folder and i have that :

[​IMG]

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  20. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Again, i have no idea what's the issue here.. i have used Andrea gi mod, and i see no difference..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]