1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Commend the ai....lets?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by MsportDAN, Dec 16, 2015.

1. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

I just want to say how far the AI have come, from when I first played this on release. Ive had my ups and downs but lately since 1.2 I cant stop coming back to AC. The handling FFB is lovely gfx awesome cars tracks.. and now the AI actually fight you have to defend. Yes theryre not perfect but this is becoming a fine simulator.

Please customs season mode is all I want for xmas.....

but damn good job on the AI guys your defo getting there!!!

thank you and thanks fro my fav track the brands!!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Recommended VM Performance for large grid races Aug 14, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Recommended VM Performance for large grid races Aug 9, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Recommended PC server host? (UK) Jul 24, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality Dlss 2.3.9 is the best experience so far [Not recommended] Apr 15, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Manual Update to DLSS 2.3 possible [Not recommended] Nov 25, 2021
    Steering wheels discussions My experience with G920 on Xbox and recommendations Feb 7, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How much would you recommend the game to a newbie? Oct 26, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Recommend me a Laptop Oct 17, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Looking for a team or league but I've not joined one before, any recommendations? Sep 6, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer ACC Dedicated Server - Recommended Specs? Jul 27, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions CSL Elite Firmware and Recommended Settings Jul 25, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Recommended Button Box Settings Jul 11, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Gaming Headphone Recommendations? Jun 22, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Recommended settings for gtx 1070 and i7-8700 Feb 8, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Recommended Settings for 2080 Feb 6, 2020

3. neimadmax

neimadmax Racer

I felt that too , way better

4. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

i would like to see some more ai spins, but they do actually make mistakes and run wide etc

5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Try going online if u wanna see some spins :p

But nice to read the AI is coming along, well :)

6. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

i wont lie, im not really an online player of any games or sims. Dabbled with iracing but i cant commit the time needed. So offline for me is quite important and AI is my number one critisism.

7. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

Managed a quick couple of races last night with them, GT3 class (because there's no modern Touring Cars! :mad: ) at Brands and have to say on that track at least they're a massive improvement over what's gone before.
    Think I only got a light tap from behind, even managed to get round Paddock Hill without any incident (something even the pros often struggle to do).
    Keep going Kunos, definitely going in the right direction (though I say that without there being any modern Touring Cars yet.....*cough).

Dean Ogurek and MsportDAN like this.
  8. plaid

plaid Alien

Thats nice on tracks with runoffzones but on tracks like Bathurst, Monaco, Macau or Lucca Ring it means that the grid quickly retires. Also the some parts on the NRing and Spa for example where some walls are directly next to the track its a problem, too.
    That actually makes driving the former tracks impossible and causes casualtys in the later.

And it drasticly recudes the amount of tracks you could drive without having to deal with this.

BTW: Didn't tried it but I hope they stop leaving the track if there are cars next to them. Half of my favorite tracks are simply not enjoyable offline.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  9. neimadmax

neimadmax Racer

The AI is getting better, in my opinion kunos need to improve AIs steering and aceleration , these 2 things must be like humans do, see some replay on Ia onboard and you willl see , the steering and aceleration is weird , nobody drives like that .

Quffy likes this.
  10. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

Ok, had another couple of races, this time with the new Abarths and the R8 v10s. Brands again.

My gran could have taken the whole field from the back with relative ease.
    Still diving out of the way far too easily. Also over-braking massively, especially at Graham Hill, shockingly so.

They do drive the line better, and do move to defend sometimes, but mostly allow you to far too safely get inside and then they move right over.
    But the GT3's were far better than the road cars, maybe they're being too precious with skinny road tires?

So collision avoidance seems to be getting better, but decision making between conceding or holding their line still needs tweaks.

11. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Some Touring cars would be great.

I find the AI to be pretty good for the most part. I certainly think they have come a long way but, all games have some AI issues one way or another. I have raced offline mostly in GT3 lately and they do tend to give up too easily when I pressure for the inside line. Aside from that, I have very few issues with them.

MsportDAN likes this.
  12. Snooky

Snooky Racer

Sorry but i cant take you serious, a guy getting banned because of ranting and arguing about senseless points in another certain sim forum. now praising and cheering about an a.i. that still needs some improvements.

The game DOES in fact make a good progress and the a.i. delivers some good races now (though i couldnt note a big difference between 1.3 and 1.4 but i just had 2 races since now with 1.4).

Sorry about my anger but guys like you make me feel bitter - but in fact it was you who tried to spread some negative opinions about a.i. which were quite useless in the whole community.

13. ouvert

ouvert Alien

I saw car going of track rather than bumping me .. nice :) and I don`t know what setup they are using but on long straights at 98% they tend to zoom away too easily and not cause of better corner exit (I assumed they are running default setup so I was runing it too, maybe they are going for low aero as they don`t need to bother with catching loose rear ...) .. but I can enjoy driving them, I just need to figure out the sweet spot of AI strength when they are not braking too early and when I can keep with them on straights

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  14. LilSki

LilSki Alien

I posted these in my thread but they fit here too. These are two instances they impressed me last night. This would have never happened in 1.3 or earlier. They are not perfect but they are on the right track for sure!

Green car overtaking me on the inside

Drafting me one exit of last turn and finishing pass in T1.

AurusCE, baliwa, Ischemica and 3 others like this.
  15. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

and now u have better ai?

wrong word more like constructive critisism

16. Snooky

Snooky Racer

over there the a.i. is still the state of the art in racing sims imo. and your posts werent quite constructive.

anyways. i had a nice race with the a.i. this evening in a.c.. one has to get used to them because they dont really have a defending strategy wich makes it a little bit like gambling during overtake. when 1.5 introduces pitstop, i definatley spend more time in a.c.

17. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I really like the first series of turns at Bridgehampton - "White Knuckle Racing" all the way!:)

I had AI make some amazing passes there a few times; great battles, trading places frequently.

18. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

At 98%, the AI are too fast for me, I generally run them between 90-95% for short races but, I also start at the back and battle my way forward slowly. If I manage to get a great start, I might gain a few places off the line but, if not - I wait for the tires to reach temp before getting serious about passing. The close battles are the most fun; ones where I have to hunt them down over several laps, finally make the pass only to lose the place back to them.

I also like that they make mistakes occasionally, it certainly adds an element of realism and the close calls that may accompany them add some excitement.:)

MsportDAN likes this.
  19. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

errrr not sure what your talking about mate...but

anyway. :)

the only thing I see atm is when you dive down the inside of ai, they seem to get scared and shoot awat from the inside, as if scared!

20. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yeah, I feel that they certainly give up a bit early. In RL, if the inside car is up to the front of the door - then fine, it's their advantage but, the AI shouldn't give up when you're just at the back corner and sometimes they do. I've also seen them fight and run wide and go off at times so there is some variation to their logic.

MsportDAN likes this.
  21. norbs

norbs Alien

They are heaps better, but they seem to suicide at the start of a race and the carousel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

JamesYZN likes this.