1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Does anyone change brake balance while driving?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Mike1304, Oct 27, 2015.

1. kevje

kevje Racer

Learning something new every day :D

Been reading up on it a little bit. The way the car looks as above from the youtube clip, indicates that they use ackermann to heat up the front tyres more. If front tyre temperatures were not an issue they would set it the opposite way where the inside tyre would turn in more than the outside tyre, reducing the slip angle and giving more grip.

I dont think this is something we can change in AC, and if there is a way to do it it would probably only be possible on the high end open wheel cars is my guess. So, playing with the TOE angle will have to suffice ^^

speedbee likes this.
  2. P*Funk

P*Funk Racer

I use brake bias in open wheelers a lot more and since I don't drive open wheelers in AC much if ever I tend not to use it as much. Its still a useful tool and I'm glad we can adjust it. In fact if we couldn't I'd be properly annoyed. If anything we need to be able to adjust more things.

3. WallyM

WallyM Alien

4. ouvert

ouvert Alien

yep, but not all the time ... usually on hard braking after long straights .. would be every time if we could set two (or few) BB settings and switch between them ..

5. Animal Ed

Animal Ed Simracer

On longer races because of fuel load changes and in training sessions because it is easier to find right brake balance that way than guessing ...

6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I don't do it too frequently but it's really important. Just yesterday I noticed that my BMW GT2 setup was prone to lock up fronts under braking so adjusting 1 % towards the rear on the fly was very welcome.

7. Any way to see it on the screen? I play with the Z4GT3 and the brake bias values are displayed on the car motec. The problem is that i play with the motec not visible for better imersion using 3 screens.

8. F2kSel

F2kSel Racer

I've never done it myself but it's never been an issue, my bigest problem is the lack of the brake pressure setting as used in most other sims without it brakes are just on off for me.

9. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

I sometimes change it during long stints on old tires

10. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Simracer

This, in a nutshell. I too find most cars too forward biased with stock settings. Being able to induce a small amount of entry oversteer is a pretty critical part of tuning but this can change from driver to driver depending on brake release points, steering input etc.

11. Well, you have seen plenty of posts of the way people use it to their advantage.

Me? I never use it. But, I haven't even done an actual race in ages. While I am doing my typical AC track days, I am trying to decrease my delta, however I just make the change in the pits. My main objective when driving is to be in the zone; to get in a flow state. I don't want to press any buttons and change anything on the fly; it kind of takes me out of the zone.

Mike1304 likes this.
  12. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

When adjusting the brake bias you'll see the result shortly at the top of your screen.

It happens when i'm in a race with an experimental setup and adjust the brake bias towards the rear just enough to make it oversteer or lock the rear tyres while turning in while applying brakes or during mid corner, then go back up 1%. Generally that's the way I try to find the correct brake balance on track. Just remember that the adjustment on track isn't saved on the setup.

It also comes handy when the balance is good for most corners but too much rearwards for a certain corner where I adjust the balance shortly.