1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Bmw m4 talk - critizism and opinions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Haxin, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Haxin

Haxin Racer

Hey guys !
    I just recently bought the DreamPack 2 and was really looking forward to one of my favorite cars the BMW M4.
    It has really amazing sound, the Akrapovic Version in particular and it has an really good looking model.
    Kunos Quality.

Though I was quite bored with how the car drives.

Here are the data specs: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_F82

It has 550Nm of Torque and 431 HP - but it doesnt feel like that.
    It takes an eternity to even reach 200 and its just not as exciting as I expected it to be.

I know it probably is something like that in real life, and AC is a simulation, but its just boring.

So maybe we can get a S1 or even S3 Version of it: with adjustable turbo and diffrent rims etc.
    So the 7th Gear is not completely useless for racing.

Just an idea, and I wanted to give some feedback.

Good work on the rest of the cars though, they're really amazing.
    Keep it up.

Michael Springer likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay Can’t Choose BMW for Sprint Nov 26, 2023
    ACC Physics New physics didn't work for the BMW M4 GT3 May 2, 2023
    ACC Screenshots & Videos BMW M4 at Spa Multiplayer May 2, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars BMW M2 CS Mar 5, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions BMW m2 Jan 3, 2023
    ACC Screenshots & Videos My Valentino Rossi BMW M4 livery - DOWNLOAD - Dec 18, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos BMW M Team WRT 2023 Dec 17, 2022
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Problem when I try to shift down with BMW GT3 2022 Jul 14, 2022
    Screens & Videos BMW M3 F81cs Jun 14, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Baden GT BMW M2 CUP May 23, 2022
    Screens & Videos Drifting Bmw e46 M3 Downhill May 21, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars ROWE RACING BMW M4 GT3 STARTING NUMBER Apr 28, 2022
    ACC Physics Bug with Tire ware and drag (BMW M4 GT3) Apr 6, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars BMW M2 CS Door Glass Disappearing Mar 29, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room The BMW M2 "BritGrid"! Mar 22, 2022

3. Ferdi

Ferdi Hardcore Simmer

Sorry to say but if you find the M4 boring, you're probably leaving a lot of potential unused...

4. Torcano

Torcano Alien

7th is supposed to be a useless gear for racing mate. It's a longer gear for increasing fuel efficiency on the highway. Where do you get to use 7th anyway, even on the ring you barely hit 7th by the time you reach the Touristenfahrten pits and it's uphill from there anyway till you get to the Bilstein bridge and if you don't wanna bog down and lose speed you'd better stay in 6th. The car is plenty fast for a street car, you just might not be feeling it on screen. Still don't like it as much as the E92 though. That E92 S1 is probably my favorite modern street car in AC, just feels perfect on my rig. It's in the end a modern road car, too heavy for it's own good and paddles to boot, the amount of driver involvement you get from those sort of cars in sims if you are not going 10/10ths all the time can be classified as "meh" at best. Maybe if Kunos had given us the 6 spd Manual version it could up the fun factor easily without going the hurr moar power durr S3 way. :)

"Also available is an optional, third-generation seven-speed M Double Clutch Transmission. The included Drivelogic system allows the driver to either slap the transmission into manual mode and be greeted by fast and crisp shifts that get the torque and horsepower to the rear wheels with great haste, or make the shifts nice and comfortable for daily driving. Also included with the M-DCT is integrated Launch Control that allows the driver to shoot off of the line like a rocket and hit 60 mph in unreal times. Another benefit is that this M-DCT has a seventh cog to help increase fuel efficiency on those long hauls."

sarabwt likes this.
  5. Mogster

Mogster Alien

For me the road cars are most fun on narrow road type tracks, Trento, Transfagarasan, Joux Plane etc

Rift Racer and Kristaps like this.
  6. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Please turn TC/DSC etc off and there you go...

Cheers
    Robin

7. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

The M4 is very stable at corner entries, more than the M3 E92 that is more aggressive, throttle sensitive at corner exits and give more the sensation of being "fast" (more fun).
    Nonetheless the M4 eventually outmatches in any aspect of performances the M3.

8. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

I just enjoyed the std e30m3 @ the Lake Louise 2.0
    Drove like Matt Farah in the 'One take videos' stayed in my lane, 7/10 pace, etc.
    Will take the M4 for a spin, definitely gonna feel like a monster:D specially on a old/slow grip level.

9. nijeat

nijeat Simracer

Have you checked you've taken street tyres?
    Even though the feeling you have got is not because of the tyres probably but IMO the M4 is powerful enough to run with street tyres in curve.

By the way I'm one who think street tyre should be set to default of road car for new comer or noob in a manner. But devs have already stated they set the semislick to be default in consideration of new comer(I'm not saying you are a noob). That's right many of them just dive into corner but I think it's more important that experiencing how a sportscar behaves variously on throttle and steering rather than just faults of not using the brake. Just my 2 cents as someone who loves the street tyre..

arthur666, Ace Pumpkin and Mogster like this.
  10. Racing_34

Racing_34 Simracer

u wuold be surprised how a street car feel like meh on a race track if you have ever driven a 2stroke kart

11. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

A substitute for a decent 2 stroke kart have to be in the range of an F1 car, and still :)

12. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I find the road cars to be a lot of fun on the street tyres, the Z4 used to only have streets and its one of my favourite cars in the sim. Hardly anyone fits street tyres on RSR which is a shame imo.

I don't know what the answer is, the road cars are probably easier to drive on semis but they also make them a bit boring. Are new punters going to be drawn in by boring?

Ace Pumpkin, nijeat and acespizee like this.
  13. Haxin

Haxin Racer

always without that mate... ;)

I know. I said- If theres a S3 version, the 7th gear isnt unused FOR RACING anymore.

Yep

14. Haxin

Haxin Racer

Why is that ?
    Compared to other cars like the 1200HP Gallardo - this car is super boring. you gotta admit.

15. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

16. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

They are two different classes, no reason for such a comparison.
    The M4 is not a race car, it's a sport road car, not designed to kill its driver as racecars :D.
    IRL I sadly consider that BMW with the M4 has slightly changed his mind with the M-series designing them more powerful than their predecessors (M3 E92) but also very precise and stable, like on rails (less enjoining). Maybe a clever commercial choice in order to make those beasts more usable by businessmen in every day use and not only as week-end toys.

Haxin likes this.
  17. Haxin

Haxin Racer

green track and street tyres ?

With street tyres it gets more interesting obviously, but with semis the car is pretty slow AND drives on rails like you said.

That is just my point of view. still love the car, but it could be better :)

18. Racing_34

Racing_34 Simracer

I think that road cars have to be used on roads, race cars on tracks . Mixing the things usually doesn't lead to good things, road cars generally feel like overpowered boats on track and race cars as lions in cage on the road, with the ring as the only exception (and maybe hillclimbs or rally stages and the shortest and less powerful race cars )

Inviato dal mio HTC One utilizzando Tapatalk

Haxin likes this.
  19. plaid

plaid Alien

I like the car. It could profit from better sounds. Sounds can transform cars. [While there are quite some cars that don't sound good in AC and somehow the lower frequencies are missing, at least compared to the those of the wind- and kerbsounds.]

20. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

The same thing was said about the E36 M3 when it came out vs E30 M3.
    And the same thing was said about the big fat relatively torqueless E9x M3(I owned one) vs E46 M3(I had one before as well)

Stock M4 is way more animal in any way than any E9x stock ever will be, steering-pointing in/chassiswise,engine torque...

But what do I know...:)

Cheers
    Robin

Michael Springer and Kristaps like this.
  21. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

old grip/16c/heavy fog + street tires.