1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Gran Turismo 2 US intro (kind-of) remake

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by william1141, Feb 2, 2016.

1. william1141

william1141 Simracer

video:

the making of this intro:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    well this WAS my last video until suddenly a lot of people was positive about this video, which made me consider to continue making another few video's
    which means my next video is going to be GT4 EU intro or maybe just maybe the GT3 intro the chance is really small but after re-watching it a couple of times it looked more possible for me to make the GT3 intro but the first part (inside the engine) will be impossible for me, if i gonna start on the GT3 intro, i will definitely try to get the whole intro right how it is supposed to look like
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    Dookie, jc1993, Blamer and 5 others like this.
  2. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

There is just some magic around granturismo intros, not sure what it is but no one comes close to matching their brilliance.

LeDude83, Patrik Marek and PhenOm like this.
  3. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

idk why but this one is one of my favorite intro's ever.

william1141 and LeDude83 like this.
  4. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

it's called " Moon over the Castle"
    but yeah I agree , love Gran Turismo series, even through all the problems they have with their game

I personally like the GT4 the best probalby, but they are all good

also, I think the big part of why they are so good is really really great camera work, their replay system is imo the very best in racing games

just look at this !!!
    AC has a good system, but it doesn't work this good ( at least I haven't figured out the magic yet) for example the tight zoom going wide and zooming back as car is disappearing in distance - this I can't replicate in AC so far

and since we're on the subject, one of my very favorite vids was the GT5 Prologue outro , because it shows real footage from the locations, then some progress shots ( I thikn ) and then showing stuff in game, .. great way of showing what all goes into making video game

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  5. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Funny story about Moon over the Castle, a few years back i had major food poisoning(dont go to India, it will kill you), all sorts of crap was attacking by body, at one point my heart stopped beating. There wasnt much to do in the hospital so my father got a chinese knock off ipod and threw all the music i had on my pc into it. One of the albums on it was the gt4 soundtrack. Id never listened to the orchestral version or any moon over castle before because opera isnt my thing and i never watched intros anyways, at least it wasnt back then. Anyways i was tired as all hell for the few weeks that i was there, i honestly didnt have the energy to pick up the device and change tracks but i heard moon over the castle(gt4 version) for the first time then and well i think we all know how epic it is when first hearing it. Weirdly when i left the hospital i seems to have lost the device, never did find it. That left me with an issue, i didnt know what the name of the song was. Many years later i hear the newer version in gt5 prologue and damn it all came flooding back. Kinda feel like the song represents me giving the finger to the grim reaper. always get goosebumps

6. Dutchyfutch

Dutchyfutch Hardcore Simmer

I don't think you're doing anything "stupid" For the community and would like for you to keep making videos.

william1141 likes this.
  7. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

wow, what a story

for me that song and game series carried me through some tough years of my life :) .. will forever love it
    which is why I really hope they will step up their game a bit and become again the king of the racing simulation that they once were

aphidgod and Dutchyfutch like this.
  8. Dutchyfutch

Dutchyfutch Hardcore Simmer

please don't stop ; we love it (2000 member community)

william1141 likes this.
  9. mau92

mau92 Hardcore Simmer

Why would you say it is stupid or lame? I really enjoyed the video and I find the editing pretty good also. Do it because it pleases you, not to please other people. At least that's what I do when writing on my (aviation) blog, editing my (aviation) videos or taking pictures. I want to please my self in first place, and I share it to show my point of view of things. Btw, I always loved GT2 intro, specially that song!

@Brownninja97 wow! What a story, appreciate you shared it. What I learnt from my trip to India is that their people is extremely kind, and that spicy food isn't good for my stomach :|

Regards!

Brownninja97 likes this.
  10. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Instant goosebumps! Thanks for posting the video - I love it so much!!! It is hands down my all-time favourite...first the sensible, slow tech shots with ambient music and then "1-2-3-4..." - a mad in-your-face-3-chords-punkrock smasher that you can sing along to even if you hear it for the first time :D

And @OP thanks for the beautiful work, please keep it up. I absolutely love community made trailers...now can someone do a remake of the GT3 one? :rolleyes:

11. william1141

william1141 Simracer

well... there are more positive comments of this than usual also on my own channel i see lots of positive comments, i will see if i can continue working on some other GT intro's. maybe GT4 EU intro next time. (GT4 US intro is impossible because of copyrights and JP version also has copyrights on it)

not sure if i can remake the GT4 intro because the animations and some color grading is something i cannot understand yet in my own program.

GT1 intro is possible and could be re-made but i don't think people will like it
    GT3 intro is just.... i don't know so many flashy stuff so many color grading layers and names, i don't think i can ever possibly do this (it will take months if i start on this)

you guys have to choose, GT1 intro or GT4 intro! (GT4 will also be hard for me but i can complete it if i learn/work really really hard. i will tell if GT4 intro is not possible)

Dutchyfutch likes this.
  12. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

If you really are collecting input/inspiration I must stick with GT3 :D
    Maybe you could do one that's only loosely connected with most of the angles and transition timings matched? I would love that song in an AC trailer.

Of course you're the artist and whatever you will do I will enjoy and appreciate!
    Answering your options GT1/GT4: GT4, please.

13. william1141

william1141 Simracer

you know that they're wizards right? that's how they keep making fans! just by throwing some magic over the video's and those video's will appear better than they are!

Brownninja97 likes this.
  14. william1141

william1141 Simracer

the making of this video is up! just look up to my original post and it will appear under the video!

PhenOm and LeDude83 like this.
  15. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Ive always loved the revving noises in that video which are at 1:03

PhenOm likes this.
  16. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Goosebumps every single time.

17. Protoduct

Protoduct Hardcore Simmer

Grandturismo replays give a realistic feeling. Like some professional is actually moving the camera. In Assetto Corsa the replays are static and unrealistic (for me).

I find WRC 2001(ps2) replays the best though;)

18. william1141

william1141 Simracer

finally after 900 years i can start working on the EU,US and the JP version of the GT4 intro. also learnt some new camera tricks that i will try to apply on this next intro :) (they are really small and almost unnoticeable tho :( )

Dutchyfutch and LeDude83 like this.