1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

A dumb little question, excuse my stupidity.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Fear, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Fear

Fear Racer

Sorry for the stupid question, but I'm unable to solve it myself, and couldn't find the answer in the interwebz.
    So:
    Prior to the 1.4 (or was it the 1.3?) update, when starting a driving session, the selected car was shown (in the pits or on track) with the camera circumnavigating it. That was the background for the setup and other screens before hitting the track.
    Now, the background we get is some random views from cameras around the selected track and the car is nowhere to be seen.
    The question is, can I get the old background with the car back?

Thanks in advance! :)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Dumb track medals question May 8, 2019
    Chit Chat Room 2 dumb setting questions... Aug 28, 2015
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Dumbed down for steam Aug 17, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Dumb question about car damage Aug 15, 2014
    ACC Physics BOP changes make little sense Jul 21, 2023
    ACC User Interface A couple of little suggestions Apr 25, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars little Bugs on 2023 Liveries Apr 19, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Little problem today with G920 May 12, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals SF-1000 - a last little bug 1.8.4 Dec 4, 2021
    Screens & Videos Little video review of Ferrari 360 GT by RSS Oct 31, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Just a little presentation Oct 29, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions tracks need to atleast blacken in alittle during longer races. Oct 20, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals little clock icon on commands?!? Oct 11, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions A little balance maybe... Jun 28, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Variable Pixeldensity with Oculus Rift S works (a little) May 20, 2020

3. Horus

Horus Alien

No, is the short but sweet answer. I would also like to be able to either look at the car I am about to drive (some would say destroy) before joining the track, or at least be able to cycle through the cars on track. It is very pretty what we have been given but it would be nice to have a choice. :)

Fear likes this.
  4. Fear

Fear Racer

But, but...
    I've watched this video which is 1.4.3 and it seems possible:

5. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

and why was the getting in car and door closing removed

Fear likes this.
  6. Fear

Fear Racer

That's another question and it's not even dumb.
    I liked that feature. :)

7. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

It's done manually with the free camera I guess.
    Otherwise you would see the UI.

8. Fear

Fear Racer

Yeah, I suppose you are right.
    Well, my dumb question is answered, thanks to everybody involved. :)

9. william1141

william1141 Simracer

also try pessing F5 in-game when you are about to drive (with right-mouse click the cam will rotate around the car)

Fear and Andy-R like this.
  10. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

you can press f1,3,5,6&7 from the menu screen to have any view you like whilst in the pits. I think the video above is the showroom? (didnt watch it)

Seria17hri11er and Fear like this.
  11. Fear

Fear Racer

Thank you both. If that works while the UI is still visible, I'll be happy. :)
    Otherwise, the video is not from the showroom, the car is in the pits.

Andy-R and william1141 like this.
  12. Tberg

Tberg Alien

You mean like this?

..sorry, I´m completely bored after the long week of work...sure is Friday :p

Horus, william1141 and Fear like this.
  13. That is exactly what I did when I made that vid.

william1141 and Fear like this.
  14. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

I still hope that they change something before the console versions are out.
    It would be the first (console) game where you don't see the external view of your car before you jump into the cockpit!
    Kunos, your cars look incredible, please show them!

dermonty and Fear like this.
  15. Horus

Horus Alien

Thank you Andy, I have been pressing CTRL 1/3 and not really thought about pressing the function keys, Du'h! I really should put this box of tricks back in its packaging and fire it off to someone who knows what they are doing. :confused: :D

Andy-R likes this.
  16. Fear

Fear Racer

Oops, forgot to give credit for the video. Thanks. :)
    Exactly my thought.
    I love to admire the car for a few seconds, before driving or fiddling with the setup.

17. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

it definitely works... same way you can view other players from pit menu and change view whilst watching them

(and your welcome :) )

Horus and Fear like this.
  18. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

In fact, you can press the function keys for the different cameras during the loading screen and the corresponding camera will already be displaying when the session/UI loads.

Nao, Horus, mistery and 2 others like this.