1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Multiplayer - does the game or Minorating penalise you for driving the wrong way?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ears, Feb 7, 2016.

1. ears

ears Hardcore Simmer

When playing with the Oculus Rift there's no way of returning to the pit in qualifying.

So if I've put in a decent time, but I get my car damaged and there's a long time to go still in qualifying, I just have to drive a damaged car around, or quit and re-enter and lose my previous times.

However I've realised that if you drive the wrong way around for a very small amount of time, the game puts you back in the pitlane with the car repaired.

Wahoo.

It's relatively easy, on AC tracks, to find a bit of grass or run off area, a good way from the track, where you can drive in the wrong directionn and it works well.

One time though I did it and instead of putting me back in the pits it threw me off the server, although I was able to rejoin immediately.

So I wondered - if I keep doing this will it do my MR rating any harm or am I likely to get thrown off servers?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality Multiplayer 'Refresh' server button doesn't work in VR May 15, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Refuel does not work in multiplayer mode Apr 10, 2019
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Multiplayer does not start, black screen and then goes to server menu Dec 19, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Viewing the left and right does not work multiplayer mode. Aug 15, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Does this game have Multiplayer ? Nov 9, 2013
    Bug reports Lap 0 Laptime is way off! Multiplayer Server Mar 17, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Unplanned multiplayer server outage Mar 13, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer disconnected Dec 15, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer disconnected Dec 8, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Render Thread 1 crashed whilst spectating multiplayer as server admin Sep 28, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer can't connect do multiplayer , no statistics in single player too Jul 29, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Multiplayer - An Error Occurred. Please Try Again Jul 13, 2023
    ACC User Interface Multiplayer list - full vs 0 time left Jul 3, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Connection issues in multiplayer after 1.9.3 May 26, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer partial disconnect May 25, 2023

3. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I'm not sure about minorating but if you drive the wrong way twice you do get kicked from the server on the second offense.
    Not a good idea even if you do think it's safe. Others might see you and vote kick you off. In the OR you've no way of seeing chat or chatting to others.
    Play it safe and complete the lap.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

4. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

MR doesn't (directly) penalise driving backwards.

5. ears

ears Hardcore Simmer

Thanks. Obviously I don't hit anyone or go looking for trouble, I do it off the beaten path.

But again today - on Ladykillers server - the second time I did it during practice I got chucked off the server. Could rejoin again.

6. Joules

Joules Gamer

I don't think you lose your previous time anymore if rejoining.

7. ears

ears Hardcore Simmer

Ah now I did wonder about that - today I left a game and rejoined, didn't have time to complete a lap but was quite far up the grid. That did cross my mind.

8. Rift Racer

Rift Racer Alien

This! You keep your time now (mostly).

Also, you can use the app called PitConfig now to do pit stops in the rift, you'll need to make it back to the pit box by driving though.

9. TDS

TDS Alien

Tha is, if no one gets your slot before u rejoin the time will remain there.

Rift Racer likes this.