1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's play Game Designer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by stefanoCasillo, Apr 2, 2016.

?

If YOU were the AC Lead Designer, what would be your #1 priority for next update?

Poll closed Apr 9, 2016.
  1. Brake temp simulation

846 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. VR support

1,195 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Steer ratio/brake pressure setup adjustments

236 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. False starts/Engine stall

932 vote(s)
    19.5%
  5. Custom championships

368 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Possibility to change skin in "Pickup Mode"

124 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Sparks/Flashing lights

205 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. Improved water/radiators interaction and simulation

221 vote(s)
    4.6%
  9. Time based races

217 vote(s)
    4.5%
  10. Pit stop strategy

457 vote(s)
    9.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. so how come they have almost 100 votes more than the second option?

2. ouvert

ouvert Alien

all VR guys are voting for VR ... rest is divided in other 9 options ...

so you have 308 for VR and 720 against

3. coret3x

coret3x Simracer

What's next: A vote on how your other departments should do their priorities? :) Well jokes aside, nice to see how the community reacts. I voted for VR. Being a league racer I now feel that a lot of missing stuff has been covered in 3rd party apps and such. My wish for feeling like I am in a car is what I wish for VR. Not sure if it will give me what i'm hoping for though. But the reviews of the new headsets seem positive.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    ears1991 likes this.
  4. you could make the same point for each item in the poll.

5. ouvert

ouvert Alien

Not really... VR group is pretty defined by owning VR device...
    And based on posts most people would like to have all others options and they struggle to pick which one to get first...

6. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I'm surprised by just how many votes it has though.

7. Sziszka

Sziszka Rookie

well, a 10 year software contained almost all of the options, so shame on you to come up with this bull**** voting.

8. enjoy your stay in the retirement home for Simulation Experts... they are already waiting for you.

9. A few admissions:

1) I did find this thread through reddit
    2) I'm a new AC convert (haven't been a PC gamer for many years and decided to build a new PC because I couldn't wait for AC to release on consoles)
    3) I voted for VR support because AC is the #1 reason I bought the HTC Vive
    4) The demands for VR support is silly and the VR mafia mentality from people who aren't/won't be customers is damaging for people like me who just want to see this happen when it makes sense
    5) I'm pumped for the support when it does come, and in the meantime will take any improvements that the community decides

Don't forum accounts need to have the AC steam key in order to vote?

Also, I'm no expert but I hear positive things about implementing the OpenVR sdk (vs oculus sdk) since you can wrap the latter into the same support implementation. Selfishly it means we get HTC vive support, but it also helps ongoing support since backward compatibility with retail headsets is a key attritbute.

Epistolarius and sacredaardvark like this.
  10. Robyn

Robyn Gamer

If I was a Dev? I'd get VR supported and some form of championship up and running. Honestly just because these two features are the ones that are most likely to generate sales.

The rest looks great for the simmers already here. But championships will (I believe) positively affect reviews when it hits console. And VR will pull in people that are throwing money at any game that has it. After all racing/flight sims are where VR will really shine.

Someone mentioned earlier that those who want championships haven't ventured online, well you are probably right. But I don't drive irl. You really don't want me online just yet! :) Many console users will be in the same boat.

Sales sales sales leads to cool features for everyone right?

11. Hi there! I just wanted to include a comment so there's a real person behind my vote. I also voted for VR because my Dad and I (who's also an AC owner, though he hasn't and likely won't sign up here to vote) are both soon-to-be HTC Vive owners next week and we're really excited for AC in VR.

He's a huge racing sim fan and has many AC hours logged in, whereas I had only played a bit with my DK2 and decided I'd wait until the first commercial VR systems came out before diving back in (I bought a G27 for it as well, so I'm ready to go!). Anyway, thanks for allowing the feedback and for considering VR! (SteamVR support, please, as that way Oculus and Vive customers will both be able to enjoy AC in VR :) )

ears1991 likes this.
  12. legocrazy505

legocrazy505 Rookie

Voted for whatever option was closest to VR. Not a fan of people coming just to vote for VR when they have no intention of actually playing the game.

13. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Well, not really. You can read people posts saying that they voted even though they don't have the device (yet) but they think that's the "way to go" for current game industry.

*Kunos do their job and don't post news on FB or posts on forums*
    "They don't care about their customers (WE PAID FOR IT!!!one), they do some crap updates instead of listening to their community"

*Kunos puts a poll on forum about possible future features in AC*
    "They are idiots! They don't know how to make a simulation?! They ran out of ideas?!

Sigh, I'm off to play some AC, after one of the best updates.
    Thanks for "spending time/chit chat" with us, Stefano. It's nice to have a direct contact with devs. :)

14. I don't think that's how this works. Not picking something as your #1 doesn't mean you're against it either.

Another approach to gauge your point is for users to rank a list so that you can see relative positions.

ouvert and ears1991 like this.
  15. LRM

LRM Simracer

I think it's a good decision if you can wait after 6 month to see if the VR things will have some success or not, it's not very wise to lose dev time into uncertain path.

Better to start adding more stuff to simulate, at least it will benefit all AC players.

It's very selfish from them (VR mafia) trying to monopolise the development because they can own an expensive toy.

HiTTeR likes this.
  16. LilSki

LilSki Alien

Don't the 1% always get their way?

17. J. Borges

J. Borges Racer

Really surprised VR support is the most voted. VR is still a bit unreachable for the masses, why people are voting for it is beyond me. Not to mention it's likely most people don't have the hardware power to run VR (requires at least a R9 290/GTX 970 GPU), and I wouldn't be surprised that most of the votes for VR, those people don't either own a VR headset or don't have the PC power to run it. Why vote for something you won't use?? I don't get it.

I voted for false starts/engine stall. This is such a base feature that should be included in a simulator. Great idea Kunos, love to see this closer relation between developers and customers/players/gamers/drivers. :D

18. Robes

Robes Gamer

Just out of interest, wouldn't the best of both worlds be to develop a DLC for VR? That way you get your £5 or so per user and the risk isn't as high for adding support. I think most people that have bought an Oculus or Vive can afford a small DLC.

I have a Vive on the way, would be happy to pay for DLC.

Pascalwb and obscurelyfamous like this.
  19. ouvert

ouvert Alien

well it at least means you preffer other options more than VR ... but my point was that for most VR guys choice is pretty obvious (just like for me it is pretty obvious I don`t wanna VR to be prioritized as I won`t be getting first gen of VRs), for most other it is just question of which one to get first other than VR .. that why I put it to this 308 vs 720 extreme comparison ...

But you are right selecting other option doesn`t make you against VR (against wsa ment as against making VR priority for next update), bad formulation on my side ... .
    And I could be completely wrong of course ;)

What about trying pool:
    1. Prioritized VR support
    2. Prioritized features not related to VR

and you can give +1 to engine stall and -1 from customizable championships as I misclicked .. makes a big difference :)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  20. I am shocked by the numbers TBH.. never ever imagined something like that.. but I think it shows the phenomenon to be much bigger than anticipated by the "outsiders" like me.