1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AI hav become too hard

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by frodesa, Apr 9, 2016.

1. ouvert

ouvert Alien

qualify, see where you end up ... run race, see where you finnished compared to your starting position. Don`t get too fixed on urge to finnished in top 3 ... if you have bad qually but still end up in points that is a good thing .. you`ll get better, enjoy the progress ...
    Try to focus on parts where are you loosing time .. perhaps you have some bad habits slowing you down (too late braking, not easing of brake, not braking hard enough while you still have downforce and speed, braking too much while turning, turning wheel too much, overriding car, not considering what is next after corner - going too hot in, loosing speed on exit ... most of us probably cary some bad habits)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  2. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Race weekend practice sessions are a good way to get a feeling for the AI, see how they drive and try out ways to outpace them.

3. I am really enjoying the AI in 1.5. I was like you frodesa, I found I had to keep lowering the AI strength. I think there are too many variables for driving the perfect race every time in this type of game, ie type of car, track, conditions etc., etc.
    After watching a lot of sim racers videos on youtube I have come to the conclusion that consistency is the key. Being able to drive 'clean' laps, lap after lap is the key. Try racing 1 AI and just try to keep up with it, following its line etc., keep your distance try to practice your braking without ramming the AI car and follow its line.
    Anyway good luck.

Jadonyx and Epistolarius like this.
  4. frodesa

frodesa Gamer

Well I swear I made sure the AI was set o 80 % when I did the testing yesterday and earlier today, because after testing the Z4 GT3 and the SLS GT3 I had no problems beating the AI :). So I tried the AMG GT3 again and with all three cars I would now lap at 57,5 - 58-5 seconds a lap at silverstone national and the best AI was lapping in at 59 - 60 seconds a lap. Again I swear I doble checked the Ai was set at 80 % earlier :). All I can say is the AI has not gotten to hard when I lap 2-3 seconds faser.

5. ouvert

ouvert Alien

:) there you go

6. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

I heard some other people reporting 'mysterious' variability in pace using the same settings with the new patch.

7. Dave Kafato

Dave Kafato Gamer

It may be that you are running into a bug. Sometimes when you set the slider it does not take the value. It still sometimes defaults to 98% even though the slide is set to another value.

8. AI are never running the same. They always slight fluctuations (at the start but also during the race)... it has been like this pretty much forever.

OliW and sacredaardvark like this.
  9. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

very true, i ran some races at paul ricard yesterday, hit a 2:10 on both qualifying sessions(10minutes), first time i was first and second time i was 10th thought that might be because the second race had a lot more AMG GT3s.

10. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

Maybe this differences sometimes end up too big (2 seconds for a 1:30 lap time, after restart they lap much more faster) but I guess this depends on the car driven as well.
    Otherwise that was 1 of the things I really like with A.C.'s AI - that they are different every race. :)

11. plaid

plaid Alien

Couldn't that be solved with additional clues/marks or any way to guide them through those special cases? So you pick a part of the AI-line and set it where they should be a bit slower/faster than usual to handle the next part of the track, like a second turn or a extreme elevation for example?

I ask especially cause there are some great modtracks where the AI sadly got problems, like the hairpin on Macau, the downhill-part of Bathurst, or the chicanes of Lucca Ring, which maybe could be fixed with additional features for the modders/AI-linecreators.

BTW: As someone who mostly didn't enjoy to drive the AI till 1.4, I think the AI is really good now, especially compared to other games "AI"'s.
    For sure there is always room for improvement (defending, overtaking), but it is on a level where its fun and especially not frustrating. :)

12. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

To me the AI is incredibly good now. They fight, give room, make mistakes, take different lines, and as long as I drive at a reasonable pace, and not eratically across the track, they also do not crash into me.
    I've not spent too much time doing AI races, but from what I experienced so far, dare I say it, they seem to be almost perfect, really joyful.

The only thing that slightly bothers me, is that the spread between them is very little, most of the time less then 1,5 sec between like 24 or so cars.
    So often I end up right on top or at the far end of the field.

total_trip likes this.
  13. Mogster

Mogster Alien

My main issue is the way they drive neatly 2 abreast through the first few corners of the race. You can drive between them as you can see in this video. It's a bit of an immersion breaker and spoils what is quite decent behaviour now.

AC.

Clio Cup Cars in rl.

14. The AI are much faster in street cars now, and it is so nice that their brake lights don't flicker on and off unnaturally now.

ZethGAF, Salajutsu and Minolin like this.
  15. Stereo

Stereo Alien

I've had a few sessions default to foggy + cold even when I had clear weather, that sort of thing?

16. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

I've been noticing since 1.5 the AI tend to take the outer lines when 2-3 wide. Like completely the opposite side of the road. Does seem smoother, but not as much efficient. Makes early parts of the race really easy to blast through.

17. Georg Siebert

Georg Siebert Simracer

The most time can be made up through better driving; gaining track position is a matter of better racecraft - what type of car you drive or your setup philosophy is secondary. Please post a video of one or two races vs the ai and we will help you improve.

You can always record a new AI line with the ingame app to either improve the existing line done by Kunos or the track author, or make the AI suit more your own driving style.

18. Yes, that "two lines of traffic on the outer edges of the track" needs some work. It looks completely unrealistic.

donShere likes this.
  19. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

It's not always 80, even when it says 80. When I have people visiting who never raced sims, I put AI to 80 and it doesn't always register. Can be around 90+ in reality. Then adjusting to for example 81% fixes it. My AI setting also resets to 98% by itself sometimes (visibly). Sometimes the menu shows 80% but AC doesn't register, this happened before 1.5 too. But if AI got faster it's imo good since then also skilled drivers can get a challenge out of it. As long as it doesn't "cheat" (have more HP engine or such) it's one sign of good AI. I still hope it would show more "human like" behavior like spins after collision and not flicker it's brake lights weirdly but probably not so easy to fix.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  20. The AI at the start of a race is always going to be a difficult one to 'fix', especially if you do not drive the qualifying laps, so that the faster drivers are where they should be, at the front...
    Realistically this is always a risky time in RL so the chances of collision will be very high.
    Certainly the AI imo has vastly improved to what it was, but like others I have always wondered about the AI quality on the slider, sometimes 90% seems like 90% and other times, not, although not a major problem imo.