1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Audi A1 S1 - Real VS Assetto Corsa

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Aristotelis, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Hello chaps, we're back with a more "human" car this time...
    Audi A1 S1, AWD, 2litres turbo and... heavy-ish.

The car is not yet available on AC but you know it's coming and of course we're working on it, measuring and driving it. What can I say about the car? Well it feels faster than the tech spec numbers a very willing engine
    to rev up.
    Obviously, big amounts of understeer as you might expect... but also some interesting findings.
    First of all and most evident, is the fact that you can do driving techniques that are usually thought as completely lunatic and arcade (at least on asphalt) and the car will simply do everything you expect.
    As a matter of fact, I had tested such driving on the sim, before going on track with the real car. I know I should trust our sim, but still I was impressed to be able to do such extreme driving, right on the 3rd lap of my first try with the car. Also shows the level of development of modern cars and tyres of course.

All in all, i was not expecting to have a fun day or a fun video with this car, but in the end we learned more than we have hoped...

Side note, the car as a daily street car is small but very well build, very high quality. Check also Maurizio's test video.

Remember to subscribe guys! The more subscribers we have, the better cars we can ask from manufacturers and boy do we have some... surprises for the next videos! :D ;)

baloche, iVG, donShere and 76 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Unreal Crashes Oculus VR mode [audio device error] Apr 21, 2020
    Audio Bugs & Issues Realtek audio drivers for asus z97-a Oct 3, 2015
    Audio Bugs & Issues No audio on history mode (solved installing realtek drivers) Aug 21, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Real vs game, Tiff Needell and the Audi R8 Jan 15, 2014
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error and cant launch game with GPU upgrade [audio device] Feb 1, 2024
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars AUDI EVO 2 and MERCEDES AMG GT3 2020 Nov 8, 2023
    ACC Audio All audio working except engine noise Jun 25, 2023
    ACC Audio EVERY TIME I OPEN THE GAME THE AUDIO LEVEL GOES TO 100% Feb 2, 2023
    ACC Physics Audi R8 Evo II traction Control Jan 15, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Audi R8 LMS Evo and Evo II missing bolt Dec 26, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 Game has crashed - Fatal error! [Resolved by changing audio bitrate] Nov 9, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal UE4-AC2 Error - Game won't start [Audi device/driver] Nov 8, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Audi Evo 2 Hot Lap + Setup Oulton Park 1:33.3 Oct 15, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting The UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close, text: Fatal error! [audio crash + 1 gpu driver crash] Oct 11, 2022
    ACC Physics The Audi is overpowered, and the BOP is broken in general. Jul 24, 2022

3. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Hardcore Simmer

:) Subscribed, cool video :)

4. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Long day at the office :D

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  5. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Reality is so arcade..:D

sonicshadows, Louizf, TDS and 6 others like this.
  6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Nice video, looks like its real tough working at kunos needing to even get manufacturers to tune the real cars to console level of arcadene goodness.

I think if you want to drive a proper car you need to do it in one of those proper sims that have some actual simulation value, reality and AC clearly have none of this. :D

ZethGAF, Racing_34, Glaurung and 7 others like this.
  7. TERRA21

TERRA21 Racer

awesome more vids like this please. You remind me of rowan atkinson at the wheel and we all know he can drive anything

8. tabis

tabis Simracer

Snow confirmed? ;)

9. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Too arcade. 2/10.

iVG and TDS like this.
  10. Tino66

Tino66 Alien

so serious in the beginning big smile in the end......great stuff.

11. nanucq

nanucq Racer

I Hope AUDI will code a Tire Model V8 on the real A1S1, too arcade in V7.....:D

12. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

Subscribed.

Good video.

For some reason every time I think of Audi's its always this scenario from top gear.

[​IMG]

13. So. Much. Understeer. Arghhhhh.

14. Thanks for the new comparison video Aris and Kunos. Another good one. Already subbed ofc.

Ahahahahaha.

15. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

Are you watching PRC?

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

xystof likes this.
  16. speeddrifter

speeddrifter Hardcore Simmer

For sure they do. Do they care? Nope.
    Do i care? Not either. I don't think Ogonoski and his mates are a very credible source for information, to put it kindly :p.

nate likes this.
  17. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

Forgive me its sunny in England today and I'm off work so I'm drinking beer in the sun and becomeing a yobbo, it just makes me so annoyed that if a car isn't difficult to drive it's not considered sim, I do look at prc's articles but obviously take them with a pinch of salt, they make some decent points about certain aspects of sim racing but are so negative and stuck in a rut they can never find anything positive to say about anything.

18. how can you take somebody seriously after he claims you can't spin the GT3 in AC because of hidden aids is beyond me but hey.. it's your time, and your beer :D

Dookie, MarcoTav, El Bunda and 9 others like this.
  19. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

I've spun the Lambo GT3 at ~40kph without throttle once, so yeah enjoy that bear MrBungle :D

Brownninja97 likes this.
  20. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

yeah but not one BUT TWO people agreed. Therefore its 100% true, i have no choice but to play phone games from now on.

Real racing 3 has real in the name so it must have the simulation values. :confused:

21. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

I never said I take them seriously. I said I take them with a pinch of salt. If it's about sim racing I'll probably read it but remember my post was to suggest that I think you have done a great job, so there pessimism doesn't rub off on me. And thanks I will enjoy the sun and the beer.