1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Best nvidia gpu driver?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by richard thompson, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Hi folks i made a mistake of updating my drivers to the 332,s and then the 334,s and deleted my old 331 driver . The problem being the one 331 driver i used gave me better performance than any other , ive tried most of the 331,s except the 331.93 which i think is the one i must of used , but as i used modified quadro drivers i cant track down the desktop version of the driver only the notebook version does anybody know if the desktop driver differs from the notebook ? And if theyve got a link to the 331.93 driver thats excellent. I tested the 334 for a while as they was out a week before for the quadros and they caused the game to crash a fair bit .

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Best nvidia drivers for win7? Oct 24, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Nvidia driver (best branch for ac) Oct 7, 2015
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Best version of Sebring Jan 6, 2024
    ACC General Discussions What is the best advice to fix understeer and oversteer Mar 11, 2023
    General modding discussion Whats the best way to use mods for AC ? Feb 11, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Seeking opinions for buying the best Jan 22, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Best way to setup reverse grid-second races offline? Jul 5, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Best settings for Nitro 5 with I7 11800H, RTX 3060 and 16 GB of Ram Jun 10, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Best Lap Problem Apr 18, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Dlss 2.3.9 is the best experience so far [Not recommended] Apr 15, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC G923 PS5 Best settings Force Feedback??? Feb 25, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Simple BestSetting VR for G2 3080ti 90fps Dec 17, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo Incorrect Lap shown as Best Lap on Q Dash Nov 29, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality About pull the pin - latest thoughts on best VR headset for ACC? Nov 5, 2021

3. beany2009

beany2009 Racer

desktop 331.82 is what im on

4. The 331 i was on would get me 90+ frames at my high setting but all the others would be 70fps tops .

5. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

331.82 seems to be pretty stable. I don't seem to get the dreaded - "Display driver stopped working and has recovered" annoyance. Also seems pretty fast in most things I play.

6. Fahim

Fahim Racer

7. Steve32

Steve32 Simracer

In reply to where you can get the drivers just search the archived area for previous whql and beta drivers im from the uk you can try this link change the drop down options for your card and os 331.93 is in the list showing as a beta driver

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-uk

8. Xreasonz

Xreasonz Racer

When using the 331.82 driver, what is the Sli bit to be used? or does AFR2 work just as well

9. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

0x000040F5 - Seems to work nicely for me.

Xreasonz likes this.
  10. peter boese

peter boese Hardcore Simmer

327.23 is the best for me. higher fps than 331.82 and all the new ones....

Simon Roberts and Orion like this.
  11. Xreasonz

Xreasonz Racer

I got the 331.82 driver and used that Sli bit, My screen flickers. . . Performance has doubled thou but mad flickering. Any reason for this or any otehr Sli bits i can test and see?

12. peter boese

0x000110FB also works with NVIDIA predifined SLI Mode = SLI_PREDEFINED_MODE_FORCE_AFR2

got this flickering with hdr on and times between 10:00 and 16:00

and a strange flickering on textures of the cars when setting odd values (1,3,5) for faces per frame.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  13. Try putting your faces per frame to 3 or 4 .

14. Xreasonz

Xreasonz Racer

Thx all. FPS went up but now i get FPS drops when dust is presented.
    I'm now testing the new beta Driver 334.67
    So far the trick with setting AA to x8 to get more frames, does not work anymore /sadface.
    Ive tried 4 different drivers, None reallyu give me stable FPS, But its slightly better with that Beta driver

15. I tried the 334 drivers and the game crashed quite alot for some reason . Also folks use the quadro drivers with a modified inf file the image quality is better . Heres a link to explain for those who are not aware .http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=377158 Also for all the 1440p users a tool that can overclock your monitor .My monitor is a hazro hz27wc and it overclocks to 115hz :)http://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-NVIDIA-Pixel-Clock-Patcher?page=1

16. Orion

Orion Rookie

17. Simon Roberts

Simon Roberts Simracer

327.23 best by a long way for me, if I use any newer then surround crashes on reboots and won't load windows.

18. How much more in terms of performance do you think u get from the 327s?

19. Kris Tarrant

Kris Tarrant Gamer

780ti series use the latest driver
    780 and below use the 327.23 driver
    for SLi setup use 327.23 and then in nVidia Inspector use the 0x000040F5 bits . I did not need to use any "Sli force modes" in NI.

This was the best for me. The 327.23 in a single card config (non ti) gained me around 8% more frames, which is massive IMO.

20. peter boese

installed 334.67. done some benches and it has the same performance like the 327.23, if: SLI bits is set to 0x000040F5 manually.

dont set it to 0x000110FB -> more fps but strange flickering in hdr

but with this driver the shadowbug comes along. (shadows on low causes less fps - not so for 327.23).

so i think its not nesessary to update for those who have best performance with 327.23.

IMHO 327.23 is still the best driver....maybe not for 0.6.

21. Have you encountered the game crashing with the 334?