1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Playstation VR and Forum permission

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by ProProof, Feb 7, 2016.

1. ProProof

ProProof Rookie

Love to see that AC comes to console! Will it support Playstation VR? The permission of the Console Forum is only with Steam allowed. How can get "consoleros" Access? :confused:

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Bondone on Playstation ? Dec 21, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PlayStation 5 VR2 (PSVR2) Virtual Reality - Small talk, tech, pros & cons, your opinion, wishes? Nov 17, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions 1.8 Access Detailed Driver Stats Like PC on XBOX PlayStation Oct 11, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PlayStation 5 Servers Down Aug 1, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Thrustmaster improvements on playstation 5 Mar 21, 2022
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Asseto Corsa Ultimate Edition on PlayStation Sep 24, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ***OFR SEASON 2 ANNOUNCEMENT ACC PLAYSTATION*** Aug 11, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Hosting PlayStation servers Jul 27, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Green Light Sim Racing [Playstation4/5] Jul 3, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Racing League Hub - ACC new season (PlayStation) May 3, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions We could put our playstation network "ID" to add Aug 15, 2020
    Console Lounge Msg from PlayStation re Assetto Corsa? Jul 29, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Game not available in the Playstation Store Jul 9, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC BlacktopRacers League on Playstation4 May 25, 2020
    Chit Chat Room PC license key on playstation Jun 27, 2018

3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

I imagine that PSVR is gonna depend on how well it sells.

4. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

It should work for non-steam users now.

Minioluke, LOW-LOWS and AJ McDaddy like this.
  5. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

I think the consoles compute power is not big enough for Assetto Corsa Playstation VR Support. Playstation VR will get its own games, look for some demos on YT and watch for the differences in graphics quality to normal PS4 titles.

6. ProProof

ProProof Rookie

I don't think so. Driveclub will suport VR.

7. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Thats why Sony puts a nice box into the package of PS VR:
    [​IMG]

Without this box u are right, its too weak.

esox71 likes this.
  8. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

maybe they go VR but not without compromises (normal DriveClub runs on 30fps,,,) I dont see any good VR experience on the actual console generation.

EDIT: looks like I was a little to late with my answer. Pretty sure an external box could help :D

9. Lowkey

Lowkey Racer

Pretty sure that box is there to handle the mirroring / warping etc. Doubt it does makes the difference between 'too weak' and 'good enough for VR'

The compute power is there, with just less detail. Don't forgot developers also don't have to compensate for so many different hardware (as with PCs) and they can optimize for one system which they know all PS4 owners have. Downsides are that the PS4 is gonna stay like that for a long wh.. well till PS5.

Skemekos123 likes this.
  10. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Async Compute is the actually key for consoles as AMD GPU's support that :)
    30% more power due that helps a lot.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

11. It does have the power as they will be able to run project cars and driveclub with it, the video card in the ps4 is the same processing power as a gtx 990 ti video card in a pc that can handle VR support and plus that box is not for video processing it is to do with offloading the audio and second screen from what they say. :)

12. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

there is the minor difference of the PSVR having lower hertz and lower resolution even after that they have confirmed that there is some sort of extra processing required which makes sense. Driveclub is insanely beautiful and runs at 30fps which would be instant suicide for VR. i think that box does help with image processing. without a massive resolution/detail drop they cant render two screens at 60fps or higher without extra support, there are many bottlenecks that would prevent that

13. here is what sony say the box does

"
    So here's the breakdown on what tasks the device does actually carry out:

• It carries out object-based 3D audio processing ("really good and important to VR").
    • it displays the social screen - undistorting the VR output for display on TV. Quality is lost in this process, so it scales the image up and crops it so you don't see edges.
    • "Separate mode" - a completely separate audio and video stream you can send over to TV, as opposed to the mirrored social screen. It's sent compressed to the PU and then uncompressed by the device and sent to the screen. We're told that this was "an innovation that came quite late" in the development of the system.
    • It displays PS4's system software interface in cinematic mode, handling the display of traditional 2D content."
    so like i said it is to do with offloading the audio and second screen

14. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

if so, why is then a PS 4.5 coming soon? :D

15. Very good question that one but as far as the ps4 1st gen the video card is the same spec as the gtx990 video card and every thing they have said up to know support the ps4 can handle it on it own with the offloading of the 2nd screen and audio.

16. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

*9800gt you mean.

manzes82 likes this.
  17. might be, i know it high version, it a lot better then my gtx 660 ti as this struggles with project cars compared to the ps4 version at the same settings.

18. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

as someone that used a 660 ti for a while before getting a 680 i can say thats not true, either you arent testing properly or didnt match the settings properly, a 660 ti can blitz a ps4 in performance. sorry if im sounding elitist in some way its just that ps4 has its limitations, ive played pcars on both and understand its performance pretty well.

Im gonna have to strongly disagree with your points.

If you had an AMD card then id understand as the performance is a little lack luster still on that platform.

Also the gtx990 doesnt exist, i assume you mean the 980 ti which can for reference run 50 cars at 4k in pcars with relatively high fps, might be a bit of a problem for the ps4.

19. Honestly i have a Asus gtx 660 ti and i matched it like for like on screen size etc and it is **** to be fair. maybe my card is fooked but i was disappointed to say the least. and yes sorry 980. i was getting that 980 from the original specs maybe that is wrong.

anyway as i said that box is only offloading sound and 2nd screen so ps4 can handle the VR.

20. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

bondyboy and UntrainedN00B01 like this.
  21. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

dermonty likes this.