1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Final logitech settings and gyro.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by rafikens1000, May 19, 2016.

1. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

I started reading some posts about gyro setting yesterday. I wanna try it out (I suppose it is really nice after reading some comments). Here are my DFGT settings, pls look at them and let me know if I something schould obviously change:

Logitech global profile:

Overall Effects Strength: 100%
    Spring Effect Strength: 100%
    Damper Effect Strength: 100%

Enable centering spring in force feedback games: unticked
    Centering Spring Strength: 100%

Report Combined Pedals: unticked
    Deegres of rotation: 900

Allow game to adjust settings: unticked

Logitech game specific profile:

Use special force feedback device settings: ticked
    Overall Effects Strength: 100%
    Spring Effect Strength: 0%
    Damper Effect Strength: 20%

Enable centering spring in force feedback games: ticked
    Centering Spring Strength: 0%

Use Special Steering Wheel Settings: ticked
    Report Combined Pedals: unticked
    Deegres of rotation: 900

Use special Game Settings: ticked
    Allow game to adjust settings: ticked
    Assetto corsa settings:

Gain: 95%
    Filter: 0%
    Minimum Force: 5%
    Kerb: 0%
    Road Effect: 0%

Enhanced Understeer Effect: unticked

In assetto.ini file:
    Enable_gyro: 1

Should I change something? Is it close to the ideal settings for current viersion of AC?

PS. earlier for example Ive never used gyro setting and got dampening on 0%.

Thank you guys!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    XBox One Discussions I FINALLY got my SA to play in Competition servers on xbox one and...... Feb 2, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Server in Content manager not allowing change of final rtatio Oct 7, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Final fix on Pc Jul 26, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room FDSR - Final Drive Sim Racing May 26, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Blue flags not working during final lap? Mar 28, 2022
    General modding discussion Help with modding gear and final ratio Feb 3, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Finally Got A XSX Jun 5, 2021
    ACC User Interface final lap telemetry May 31, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC 60 FPS Finally On PS4 Pro At 1080p Apr 19, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality suzuka final ceremony broken in single player Oct 18, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Finally fixed ACC VR performance. . Sep 18, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Wrong race end position [provisional results vs final results] Sep 15, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting final ceremony always broken in VR Jul 19, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer No final result for Quick join Race ? Jun 30, 2020
    ACC Physics Tyre wear - final career race at Barcelona Apr 19, 2020

3. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Differences highlighted in red. Bare in mind that I use a custom .lut file for FF Post Processing created with the app and Wheelcheck. Pretty happy with this for now. Might consider disabling Gyro effects again, haven´t tried that for some time. As far as I remember, the differences are small.
    Good thing is that this way it comes out pretty much as the physics engine calculates it.

rafikens1000 likes this.
  4. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

Thank you very much Mr.Mugel!

custom.lut is created by this Wheelcheck program, am I right? I will try it out. What do u mean by FF Post Processing?

what does soft_lock: 1 setting do?

5. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

6. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Take a look here: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...tor-for-ac-version-0-15-now-with-graph.31699/

That is the app that creates the custom .lut file from the Wheelcheck output curve. Basically with this .lut the Force Feedback postprocessing you can totally linearize your feedback output. Wheelcheck measures how much torque is generated at each input percentage and the app just inverts these values and puts them into the .lut (Look up table), so if the game requests 30% feedback you really get about 30% torque.
    The Logitech wheels have a pretty nonlinear curve here, so that when the game requests 10% torque you get about 2% output torque, 30% gives you 25 % output and 80% allready give you full output by default. The FF Post processing is designed to fix this among other gimmicks.

Soft Lock = 1 gives you full feedback resistance as soon as you reach the cars steering lock. This is in beta and is pretty harsh, resulting in some rattling every now and than, use this with caution.

Edit: Ok, got Ninja´d ;)

And keep in mind that this setting is based on my G25 experience, I don´t have a DFGT.

rafikens1000 and snickz like this.
  7. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

Thanks a lot. Take a look on my graph generated by lut_generator app and tell me what u think :)

Attached Files:

8. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Yeah, that´s a typical Logitech curve. Ideally it should be a straight line, which is exactly what you get when you multiply both curves (Well, and take the square root). This is what you than get, when you implement the curve in the game with the ff_postprocessing.ini file. Should be described on the first page of the link in my last post, how to set it up. Make sure you disable the minimum force, and I guess it will feel awesome! It sure does for me.

rafikens1000 likes this.
  9. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

it feels awesome indeed :D

btw. I ve just discovered some odd thing... I mean, in practice mode I achieve worse times, i.e about 1-1.5 sec on catal. gp , than in hot lap mode! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?

fyi, same conditions, tyres etc. I did similar test with other car and track and got same effect. I dont understand that, can somebody eplain it to me??

10. ouvert

ouvert Alien

I should probably run LUT gen again after update ... I forget I used it .. it might be a reason why FFB is kind of meh now for me .... will try tomorrow ..

@rafikens1000: doesn`t hotlap start with optimal tyre temps ? or was that other sim ?

pika4u likes this.
  11. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

nope, all tires blue. I will try tommorow again, but it is weird... :/ I was struggling in practice mode for 2 hours cuz got over 1,5 sec worse times than my best and couldnt do better.. tried couple of stints...

then I start hot lap mode and... I beat my best time ever for about 0,4 sec o_O (so it is 2 sec better than my last 30-40 laps! same settings, car etc)
    also did next couple of laps with very good lap times. I dont get it.

12. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Different track grip? Sounds weird. What kind of car was it?

13. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

TBH, I am sure that it was the same green track. I will check it today again.

Car: Ferrari 458 Italia ;)

14. Yami

Yami Racer

I enabled gyro, had to lower FFB force in-game a little bit using it with 200 step generated lut file (g27)
    I am not sure if it feels better or dumbed down or any different, but it adds the tendency at the high speeds I liked that feeling.

15. Rudski

Rudski Alien

1) Allow game to adjust settings: unticked

You should always have this ticked. This allows AC to put soft locks on the degree of rotation.

2) Logitech game specific profile:

Enable centering spring in force feedback games: ticked

This should not be ticked.

3) Enhanced Understeer Effect: unticked

You should have this ticked.

4) Gain: 95%

I believe this would be too much gain for a Logitech wheel. I would have it @ 80% - 85%. Then use the in car FFB setting with the clipping app to adjust.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
    alex72 likes this.
  16. alex72

alex72 Alien

I run 100% force in profiler. Damper, springs etc all 0% and deactivated. Tested gyro last night but im not sure i can feel any difference on the DFGT. In the sim i run 85% gain (balance FFB strentgh per car), 8% filter (just to smooth out the clips a little) and i experiement back and forth with minimal force. Enhanced understeer effect on. Using LUT generator once in a while. Some cars Kunos feels better and some LUT gen feels better.

Better wheel cant come soon enough, lol.

What Rudski said above also. Mucho importante.

17. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Well, enhanced understeer is a matter of taste I guess. I tried it for a few meters but it just felt dead too me.

Gyro is the same. Use it if you like it, disable it if you don´t like it.

18. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

Green track has a random initial grip. I've seen as low as 93 and as high as 96

19. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

hm, good point. But that big difference? 2:03.200 vs 2:05.000

20. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

Well, going from 100 down to 97 makes me about 1s slower in 458 GT2 on those few tracks that I've learned very well and can drive on with fast and consistent pace. So I can easily imagine that going from 96 to 93 (which is actually very slippery) could make you almost 2 seconds slower.

21. ouvert

ouvert Alien

Specialy with slower cars, miata on silverstone on fast or optimum is basically full throttle, no brakes.. Going to old, requirea braking and corections... So easily few secs dofference