1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Motion simulator gs-105

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Mike1304, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Thank you! Just out of curiosity: which profile do you use (weak/medium/strong...)?

I would like this chair so much, but I could get a problem with my wife if I bring such a monster chair into our small apartment. It would replace her beloved office-chair and she would have to use the gs-105 instead for working at the computer as there is not enough space for both (I'm not even sure if there is enough space for the gs-105 at all:rolleyes:) and I can't imagine that the gs-105 is as comfortable as a normal office-chair...
    Hmmm, difficult decision...o_O

2. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

depends from car to car
    started with +
    now ++ is selected
    but maybe I'll create my own profile one of these days.

if u wanna go motion I can't imagine of anything being more compact than this
    you probably aiming for the one that has wheels under it, no?
    i have the cockpit version, heavy as hell but rather compact for a motion system

3. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

When you write "depends from car to car" does that mean that after all you have to make setups for each single car? I'm a bit confused because I can't imagine how AC should know which profile is for which car or group of cars?!

I think there is a chair with feet but I don't think that there are wheels on it, otherwise you would roll around while driving?? I think those feet are just for the optics, or am I wrong?

4. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

no but some cars like the lotus exige scura reacts heavier in the chair than say the alfa rome giulietta
    when you want it heavier you select a profile with an extra +
    when it's too much feedback you select a weaker profile

ah yes it has feet but no wheels
    never looked closely at it cause i always wanted the cockpit version
    would be indeed stupid if it had wheels

5. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

I've just seen, that there is something similar on the market: the "GS-4 G-seat". Anyone knows this product, knows if/how it works with AC and how it is compared to the GS-105?

6. airfathaaaaa

airfathaaaaa Gamer

i prefer to pay a friend of mine to throw me around in every corner

Mike1304 likes this.
  7. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

I just heared that that chair is discontinued.

Mike1304 likes this.
  8. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

question for owners of the gekoseat:

still love it after more than a year of use and it still works flawless
    but do you guys do something extra for its maintenance or so?
    like adding oil or maybe sthing else

if so please tell me.

cheers

9. Somebody with a geko and a cv1 or dk2 could do an inboard video in order to see how bumpy it is inside the cockpit, when I see video of 3dof, it is vers bumpy...
    Thanks

Tim Meuris likes this.
  10. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

depends greatly on the track/car combo....you cant generalize and say All cars and All tracks are "very bumpy"

11. Yes sure, just wanted to compare how the oculus reacts in same car/track combo because I have a geko and my oculus will be delivered by end jully.
    Just hope it will not be so bumpy as the system is not the same.
    I found a video, but it is on spa that is mainly flat, would like to see on a more bumpy track.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  12. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

your geko will be fine with the tracking.

PS Spa is Not mainly flat. lol

13. Spa is not very bumpy I wanted to meant, nurburgring lot more bumpy..
    Sorry english is not my main langage

14. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

Well,
    yesterday evening my gekoseat went all grindy and shocky and noisy so I had to abort AC.
    Inside I noticed one of the rails of the left actuator got bent. I emailed Julien (gekocreator) and got a reply within 24 hours.
    He told me to take out the actuators which was actually very simple following the guidelines he provided in his email.
    Also, I got a better understanding of the working and internals of the chair. Seems very budget inside but I like it's rather simple design.
    I think I took out the only parts that are really prone to wear.
    Anyway he told me to mail him the rails and motors so he could test them if one was fading compared to the other.
    Transportation and repair costs are mine since the waranty has expred in the meantime.
    But he told me that repair costs wouldn't be too high...

I'm really happy with the service and communication Julien has offered so far
    I hope he's right and that everything will work out fine afterwards.
    I drove a stint tonight and now I realize how much I miss the feeling of racing with the geko :(

15. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Once you go Motion, There's no going back. ;)

16. Does Frex still makes their motion sim?...I also saw that they don't provide simconmotion software support for new titles like AMS for example. Does anyone know what is going on with them?

17. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Frex has changed up their ways of thinking to motion, Check out their new site and hardware.

18. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

@Nick Moxley and @Tim Meuris I believe you both have 3dof and vr, I have asked already another AC driver with both technology which one he would kept, if he had to give one away, if simulation of driving a car is the main factor, as opposed to be a faster SIM racer.
    So which is the most important for simulation, Motion with a flat screen(s) or VR without Motion.
    As an additional question if using motion with a flat screen, should the screen move with the seat?

Skylar_Schutz likes this.
  19. André57

André57 Racer

[QUOTE="As an additional question if using motion with a flat screen, should the screen move with the seat?[/QUOTE]

Similar question: Should steering Wheel move with the seat?

Cote Dazur likes this.
  20. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

Similar question: Should steering Wheel move with the seat?[/QUOTE]

Imo NOT. I have triplesstand completely disconnect from the rest of my rig. The wheel is also hardmounted on the static rig with a motion seat on it. Otherwise it would be like a wheel in a real car moving around while driving. :confused:

Your first question: i d go for the triples with motion.
    But if i could really chose: motion + vr:D
    But gonna let vr mature a bit more and go for the next consumer version.

Unfortunately i have no real life racing experience so what is my opinion really worth you know? Just been searching for over 2 years information bout all the simracing gear and possibilities and made a selection in the end. Haven't had any regrets so far...

Cote Dazur likes this.