1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's discuss iRacing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by bud01, Jun 11, 2016.

1. bud01

bud01 Racer

I just took the bate and purchased a 3 months renewal for my lapsed Iracing account.
    Went ahead and purchased spa, nord, imola, Ruf RT 12R RWD

I have 272 hours in Assetto Corsa and have supported a few nice items for her but wow Iracing totally leaves Assetto Corsa in the toy area compared to the physics of this tittle.

I am impressed really impressed with the cv1 experience

It would be great for people that actually know more about race simulation and understand about what is going on under the hood of these "simulators" to fire up Iracing and explain just why iracing seems so much more realistic.

I just fired up Nord in the Ruf RT 12R RWD and crashed it twice straight away and blew out the clutch, wtf lol.

Iracing is impressive, it is clearly the market leading Cv1 and race simulation benchmark today.

Its physics are like real life, not this butter smooth ice cream stuff of assetto which I like of course.

Can a fellow assetto fan with CV1 jump into Iracing and give some balanced view on my statement that assetto is a toy compared?

Iracing is difficult, guess ill go put 10 or more hours in and see were I am at.

I may have to move across to this platform since it is so much more serious level.

any of you guys running iracing and assetto with the cv1 ?

Skylar_Schutz likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Let's discuss the Automatic Gearbox in online racing (mainly console issues) Jan 18, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Let's discuss iRacing - attempt #2 Sep 16, 2016
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Let's hope this does the trick Dec 16, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Giving back for ACC 1.8: Let's talk about multi-class, multi-hour, full grid simulation? Dec 10, 2021
    ACC Physics Let's talk about spins... Apr 2, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Let's do something, this is going to get ugly...(Servers) Aug 3, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Let's talk multiplayer/online servers Jul 11, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Let's get acquainted? Nov 28, 2019
    ACC General Discussions POLL! Let's buy this game again every year to support Assetto Corsa guys! Jul 20, 2019
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Let's Play VR (Pimax 5K +) Porsche + Spa Francorhamps :) Jul 2, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Let's talk about broadcasting (user's thread) Dec 12, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Let's talk about broadcasting (programmer's thread) Dec 12, 2018
    Suggestions Let's REQUEST CARS Here Jan 15, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Ok guys (and girls) , let's proove AC right (or wrong) using Laguna Seca. Jan 2, 2018
    Console Lounge Let's talk vote to kick Mar 18, 2017

3. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

Different car, super alpha rift support in ac....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

4. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

But it doesn't has Abarth 595 SS :eek::eek::eek::eek:

5. bud01

bud01 Racer

I need to put some more hours in and report back because from what I have just seen I don't think ill be playing much assetto for my serious race simulation. Its like a real life race simulation, like real implementation, you can feel the weight and interia going up Raidillon Eau Rouge for example with astounding clarity and realism.

It is impressive.

Can some fellow serious car simulator fans with out BIAS do a side by side?

I think ill be moving over to Iracing since it feels like if I get good in iracing I could actually be a real race driver in real life, its gives that sense of car ownership weight balance traction response etc.

I remember reading a few years back that the owner is some billionare or some thing and its his hobby, he has had large quality teams on iracing for years is it any surprise it is so much better than Assetto which has only a small team and fairly immature.

Will clock for more hours and report back views (how is the online etc).

6. sarabwt

sarabwt Simracer

Good for you... Why did you open this thread?

7. Ischemica

Ischemica Hardcore Simmer

8. vfdesignz

vfdesignz Hardcore Simmer

Don't have a CV1, but a DK2.

VR in iRacing better than in AC? I don't think so.

3 main points, why VR in AC is better than in iR
    - fully animated driver arms, not this 90° bull**** you get in iR, which kills the VR experience imo
    - the cars are not as detailed as they are in AC. AC is in a different league. Tracks look better too...
    - your head position is stuck, in AC you can move you head fully forward, to the side etc. You can even get out of the car. Where in iRacing you just can't...

And Physics... I like AC more when it comes to GT3 cars. I don't say it's more real, because I haven't driven a GT3 Car IRL etc. But IMO it's more like I would expect it to be. I don't like the GT3 Cars in iRacing, they just feel too heavy, too lazy. But the Formula Renault in iR is just fantastic, so is the HDP. I don't get the feeling, that I drive a race car with the GT3 cars in iR. Same is with the MP4-30.

F430_458_F12 and Rift Racer like this.
  9. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Do you really expect an answer?

Seria17hri11er, jonnyboy_99 and Uff like this.
  10. bud01

bud01 Racer

[​IMG]

I just took the RUF again and looking for what is going on. The braking is hyper realistic, the balance of the car and movement.

Those points are not accurate of the iracing I am playing here download the latest version there is full movement and head movement what are you talking about?

the game is sweet, its as if real life, assetto is quite far back in realism compared to this tittle.

Yes I do expect non bias input, I am the most bias person here with a great foundness for AC but I am also an adult to some extent and can think and act in a manner to enjoy what is on the market today.

I am asking for fellow assetto corsa fans to fire up Iracing and help me get an accurate comparison of iracing vs assetto, what are they doing well etc because its pretty impressive to say the least.

If you have a cv1 and up to date install of iracing feel free to educate me on how it is their sense of racing is so much better than assetto.

Edit: Thanks for the car recommendation (Williams) above is my car list,

will clock in some hours and then bounce back to assetto for once again comparson and try to get some non bias input. that heavy comment I think you mean realistic, cars weigh and don't move on a dime, the brakes in iracing are impressive sensation as well as every thing else.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  11. sarabwt

sarabwt Simracer

Are you sure about that adult part? You just opened a thread on AC official forum, where you just **** on AC... This thread even goes against forum rules... iRacing is more realistic. Happy?

@AC Support can this be locked before it bursts into another "my sim is better that yours" thread?

12. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Quick question bud01, have you actually driven a RUF in real life ?

LATE4APEX

13. Ischemica

Ischemica Hardcore Simmer

14. vfdesignz

vfdesignz Hardcore Simmer

Gosh, I hate iRacing Fanboys. They are worse than Apple Fanboys...

Octane, Bas B, robertedell and 18 others like this.
  15. bud01

bud01 Racer

that's so shallow of a comment, I have for the first time in like 1.5 years just tonight for the first time renew my subscription... I am testing it with my cv1 starting a thread and asking for honest comparson.

Please...lets have some higher brain function going on.

Edit:

Dislikes so far.
    - Load times are pretty decent wait.

Likes,
    -Ghost shadow of previous slower time of yourself, nice green bar to show your time + /-
    =Cv1 view into the world is lush and bright.

16. So...because you crashed in iracing it is more realistic? Do you crash a lot in real life?

17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Oh well. Without me. Can do well without these threads. Have fun.

Boroviack and LeDude83 like this.
  18. Iracing is good, assetto corsa is good. Keep in mind you are comparing something that has been around for well over 8 years vs something that has been around for less than 3. This version of AC decimates the 2011 version of iracing.

You don't have to choose 1 over the other.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  19. bud01

bud01 Racer

did you say "Gosh, I hate iRacing Fanboys. They are worse than Apple Fanboys..." I was addressing that comment.

You don't have to choose 1 over the other.
    agreed, also interesting information thank you,

I am going to go and get this Williams, the f1 type car I just tried there around spa was too slow tbh.

20. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

This is going to turn in a useless fanboy war thread, please don't force us to lock it. Keep it relaxed and polite, you guys are discussing about personal opinions on different games, not first world problems. :)

21. Skybird

Skybird Alien

fifteen love... fifteen all... thirty fifteen... fourty fifteen...fourty thirty... deuce...

Alistair McKinley and LRK-racer like this.