1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Tips for Mazda MX5 Cup @ Brands Hatch?

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by Rex, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Jaye

Jaye Alien

Don't want to start a TC discussion ;) I mainly drive all cars factory and especially since my T300 is still broken (find not time to send it to TM) I have to use my old Driving Force Pro and there I have absolute no good feeling with that pedals.

What is wrong with 32psi target for warm tyres? I know that 33psi is the best for GT3 slicks and mx5 tyres are also slicks. In the SDK Folders there is no info for the mx5 so I looked for one which could be similar and that was the Abarth 500 SS. The ini says 32psi ideal pressure for its slicks. So as long as nobody has got deeper knowledge I assume that's the way to achieve the best grip you can have.

2. Nao

Nao Alien

Might be just non standard H-shifter (like DIY, or the SSH shifter etc) that is not recognized... like 1/4 of the whole grid there has "no H shifter"
    Also usually when you see somebody actually without shifter they run auto throttle blip (like 19th place).

As for your question of T1, treat it like Parabolica! I brake quite a bit earlier than your pic position, and i'm on throttle even before rhe inside wheel crosses middle of the track (turning in right where the green painted roadside starts on the left)

ps: TC is unique in this car as it has such low power to grip ratio that it does not come on in most cases anyways. (It actually can help negate some understeer, which is completely opposite to gow it behaves on other cars :p) But it's definitely not a factor in laprimes... Oh and same can be said for flatshifting/no H-pattern. Heck in some cases i'd not be surprised if flat shifting was minimally slower due to clutch power losses over the increased shift time when not lifting.

3. daubster

daubster Alien

Shouldn't this thread go to ChitChat or something ? A video in the OP doesn't mean it's lounge themed right ?

Feeling the hatred already.

4. This thread actually has useful info in it so it needs to be as far away from the chit chat section as possible.

Tiago Lima and daubster like this.
  5. daubster

daubster Alien

Still... Why is it here ? This is the Lounge section. People visit it for videos and screenshots. Surely there must be a better place for useful driving, config and whatnot info stuff right ?

Screens & Videos
    Put here your media!

[​IMG]

Cmon !

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  6. daubster

daubster Alien

Right ! I know why's it here. No login to view requirements. Kunos, you've made a huge steep, you've crossed the milestone. There's one more to go. Make the whole forum "read only" to everyone, just like you did with this section.
    I can only imagine how many requests, advice's, threats (;)) to do so you got already, but now you just made yourself have to. See how people are now using this section to make your forum work like RD ?

7. Jaye

Jaye Alien

@daubster sorry mate, but let's face the obvious: you are the only offtopic spammer in this thread.

Three senseless posts in a so far very constructive discussion. There is a big fat report button, feel free to use it and the support will decide if the thread needs to be moved.

8. cobra188d

cobra188d Gamer

So, do you have anything to contribute to this thread or are you just enjoying your self righteousness?

Speaking of H shifter. I have a G27 with H shifter but rarely use it due to a bum left foot. I can run consistent 1:42s but that's it. Am I loosing a second or more using paddles?

daubster likes this.
  9. Jaye

Jaye Alien

Nice try but no :p I'm also using paddles (or this crappy stick of the DFPro because my paddles are dead) for my 1:40s.

But a league mate said he feels that you can loose a lot of time with this combo when not using H Shifter, because of the shifting delay. But no idea how much this would be in laptime.

10. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Paddles here and I blip & flatshift. Hmm I feel the need to try the shifter now...

Jaye likes this.
  11. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I flat shift with clutch and hbox. blip the throttle and the brake :D.... im having brake related crisis atm I just cant do precise input at all. Nao's braking looks really good, I wish I could achieve something similar. I will upload my lap later and post (maybe with maybe without pedal app... depends how embarrassing it is :p)

ive tried dx tweak but still not happy. the ffb is annoying me in AC atm as well. really strong ffb when the suspension gets loaded up compared to normal steering. I tried lutgenerator and tried changing gamma setting from 0.5 to other values but all feel worse than previous builds. ive turned gamma off in mydocs now, will see how that goes tonight (sorry for OT)

12. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

this was my best attempt

Tundra and Jaye like this.
  13. Jaye

Jaye Alien

Did you maybe use the Gyro setting? Was resetted with the patch...

14. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

maybe, cant remember... i'll change it and see if it's better. i think 1.5 was similar anyway. it could just be my wheel slowly dying or something.

Jaye likes this.
  15. Well thanks to the tips in this thread and ling.speeds setup I have my PB down to a 1:40.3xx!!!! I am actually thinking that I might actually somehow get into the 39 club at some point, which is crazy! Thanks guys!!!!

Jaye likes this.