1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa welcomes Porsche!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by AC Support, Jun 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Assetto Corsa has established itself as the leading and benchmark PC racing simulation game thanks to its perfect driving feeling, accuracy of cars and tracks, and last but not least, being the only independent production trusted to feature premium licensing content and top class manufacturers. Assetto Corsa will be coming to console platforms at the end of August 2016.

Today, Kunos Simulazioni is proud to announce that after more than 12 years away from the hardcore sim-racing world, the Porsche Brand will be coming to Assetto Corsa and that it's working in a close and official partnership with the prestigious car manufacturer to release two DLC packages that will include the most iconic, authentic, awesome cars created by Porsche during its glorious history! The packs are scheduled for release for both PC and console in Fall 2016.

The partnership with Porsche will allow them to use Assetto Corsa to give the chance to its customers, fans and motorsport enthusiasts, to drive its newest models and to prepare for the Porsche driving experience in several Porsche race centers and dealer events worldwide. Porsche are working closely with Kunos Simulazioni to provide the most accurate Porsche virtual experience ever.

Marco Massarutto, Executive&Licensing Manager at Kunos Simulazioni:

I can't describe how proud we are about this partnership with Porsche, and how exciting it is to bring back the Brand in the simracing world. This Fall, Assetto Corsa will be the only multi-platform title to have the Porsche brand in a genuine racing simulation. The gamers, and our fans really want to have the chance to DRIVE the Porsche cars in a realistic manner. it's a privilege, and a big responsability for us. We are working closely with Porsche with the aim to reproduce each single model with the maximum accuracy, and the fact that the same simulation will be used at Porsche race centers will push our team even more to provide the best Porsche virtual experience ever.

Welcome back Porsche. Welcome to Assetto Corsa, your racing simulator.

2. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  3. TDS

TDS Alien

WOW!

nate likes this.
  4. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

congratulations Kunos, you guys and especially Stefano deserve this great news.. well done ....

5. Traediras

Traediras Hardcore Simmer

Awesome news! :D Will be looking forward to seeing what comes from this, for sure.

6. bob76

bob76 Racer

any news on a release date for the first dlc??

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  7. TDS

TDS Alien

read the whole thing :) fall 2016

8. Edelstahl

Edelstahl Rookie

is it for real? IS IT FOR REAL???? am i awake or am i dreaming.... HEll yeah....... :D:D:D my fovorite brand is coming to AC..... YES YES YES

9. Yatzeck

Yatzeck Racer

Everybody salsa! AC reach this Holly Grail of racing sims. Now who is the best! I don't know, but AC is so close to be!

vegaguy 5555 and Leemstradamus like this.
  10. Forgot10

Forgot10 Gamer

Oh my goodness. If we can have the 918, some of the most iconic road and race cars including prototypes (and judging by the trailer, we can), then this news is absolutely marvellous. Bring it on, guys!

Can't wait for RBR and some more Italian cars though. :>

vegaguy 5555 and Leemstradamus like this.
  11. Jaxmirrax

Jaxmirrax Rookie

My first comment on the forum and it is: Thank you!

vegaguy 5555, stinki110, Xez and 6 others like this.
  12. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Simracer

Awesome!
    Is it a exclusive licence or can other SimRacing titles get the right to use Porsche cars too?

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  13. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

That's a big one KS, that's a big one... You nailed it Kunos. If that's the reason why modding forums was move to RaceDepartment... than I'm fine with it! ;)

14. Emerson

Emerson Racer

This is huge!!! Thank you guys!!!

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  15. yusupov

yusupov Alien

I BELIEVED

still incredible. kunos & microsoft, the only two to have broken the EA Wall?

makes who to root for in lmp1 tomorrow easy! and if i make the assumption that the cars prominently shown are incoming...dayum.

16. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

What a brilliant job, Marco! The entire Kunos team has much to celebrate. For once, an announcement has actually lived up to it's anticipatory hype!!!

918 -- P1 -- LaFerrari <--- I can't wait for that race.

17. magicmike

magicmike Racer

I usally dont reply on stuff like this.
    But this .... is... wow. Finally able to drive a Porsche outside of NeedForSpeed/Forza.
    Totally awesome guys, very well done !

vegaguy 5555 and nate like this.
  18. yusupov

yusupov Alien

anyone (not on EAs ****list) can get the license, for the right price. forza's the only one to have paid it before now.

edit -- seems im out of date, EAs exclusivity has probably expired so they presumably went directly thru porsche. still beat forza horizon & gran turismo to the punch tho, quite a coup.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    Leemstradamus likes this.
  19. LeonSuetfeld

LeonSuetfeld Alien

Marco is just a BOSS. The final goal would be to get the mighty Volvo license for AC. Then it's complete.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.