1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa welcomes Porsche!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by AC Support, Jun 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ensi Ferrum

Ensi Ferrum Racer

Could this be the true reason you Close the Modding Forums? As Porsche don't want their cars to be available in Assetto Corsa except from the two DLCs?

2. T'PAU

T'PAU Hardcore Simmer

I had serious doubts that this brand will ever show up in a real simulation, but Kunos made my day!!!
    @Ensi Ferrum a little bit wild speculation imho. :p

rafikens1000 likes this.
  3. grandepunto

grandepunto Simracer

Yesssss!!! Wow!
    This is the best announcement Kunos could possibly make. Thank you very much! And you have every right to be proud.
    Next months will be very long. But then I think I'm gonna take a week of of work. :D

4. Ensi Ferrum

Ensi Ferrum Racer

I'm not the only one with this speculation in mind.

5. nivadepi

nivadepi Racer

Kudos to Kunos, such great news, just amazing. Thank you for us simmers, and, for future Porsche owners.

Deleted member 113167 likes this.
  6. alex72

alex72 Alien

WOW! Just woke up and the first thing i see is Kunos getting Porsche!!! Well deserved Kunos and i just see AC going upwards and onwards. Continue the autheticity of driving and evolve the sim by adding more and more features. Future seems even brighter now when we know exclusive brands want to hang with Kunos. :) (i mean more of them obviously hehe).

Well done guys, you rock as always! :cool:

tabis and Deleted member 113167 like this.
  7. Traind

Traind Hardcore Simmer

I want to share my literal first reaction to this news-- similar to the Ferrari announcement.... it was that I am happy for you-- Kunos. Do I benefit? Of course-- the Porsche license in a great sim will be terrific. But first I am happy for the little engine that could that is Kunos ( I think I can, I think I can...).

Why is that the case? Partially because I started my own business 5 years ago and since then I know what it is like to risk, create and work when you are no longer employed by a big organization. But a large part of it comes from the way you conduct yourselves with your customers and fans. The energy, commitment and positive attitude. The love of cars, driving and racing. And the love for your community. It all comes through to those of us who care enough to look for it.

So a sincere congratulations to all of you. You deserve the success!

8. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

Bah, I'm getting fed up with saying something can't be done only for Kunos to prove me wrong....... :mad:....:p;):D

I was super impressed when they were the first to bring us a laserscanned Nordschleife....

But doing a deal with Porsche is probably the biggest coup in sim racing for a long time, fantastic!

9. DoubleOh7

DoubleOh7 Rookie

Amazing to see where this game was has gone from the early days of early access, to now having one of the most wanted, and exclusive brands in the sim racing world join Assetto Corsa. I think I speak for us all when I say huge congratulations to everyone at Kunos for this opportunity! Absolutely amazing stuff guys! :)

10. gui78

gui78 Gamer

You guys are the best, thank you for bringing Porsche back to Simracing. Best News for this Year!

11. aliasgreg

aliasgreg Gamer

That is a very good move. Thanks a lot !

12. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Hardcore Simmer

This is finally the time for some manly tears of joy ... thank you Kunos and Porsche! I've been waiting for this moment for years. Almost gave up my hopes, that the Porsche/EA contract will ever end ... now it finally happened!

I'm happy!

13. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

This is HUGE! :D

Let's see that again, in slow motion:

Porsche 919 Hybrid
    Porsche 718 Boxster
    Porsche 911 GT3 RS
    Porsche Cayman GT4
    Porsche 918 Spyder
    Porsche 935
    Porsche 935/78 "Moby Dick"
    Porsche 917K
    Porsche 936
    Porsche 911 GT1
    Porsche RS60
    And lots and lots of 911's

14. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

Come on now the original 911 RSR deserves a special mention including the IROC version.

I'm not as surprised as others that AC have this license - Ian Bell has dropped heavy hints SMS will have a Porsche license for pCARs 2 - but it is undoubtedly a "big deal" and great news - much bigger IMO than a Le Mans license.

Not sure where the figure of 12 years come from. GT Legends had the Porsche 906, 914 and 911 RSR in 2005 and GTR2 had 911 993 GT2, 996 RSs, RSRs and Cups in 2006 - just 10 years ago.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  15. GTHQ_koop

GTHQ_koop Hardcore Simmer

Not specially a Porsche guy but still great news, great handling cars :)

Grats Kunos..!

16. StephanDE

StephanDE Rookie

[​IMG]

What an awesome simulation you guys created and now this - better than christmas! Thank you!

kazereal, nate, jc1993 and 1 other person like this.
  17. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus Hardcore Simmer

I woke to this news from Twitter and thought that I was still asleep! To my delight I wasn't!

Honestly the appreciation I have for this team goes beyond words. My wife really couldn't grasp my excitement but very few non car gamers could.

Although it is an announcement of a manufacture, it is more than that. With the stress of daily life and world events for so many of us, to have a place to escape and enjoy although virtual is priceless.

Thanks Kunos for all the work and sacrifice you have done for your fans!

18. bromstarzan

bromstarzan Hardcore Simmer

Fantastic news! Good work!
    Looking forward to coming DLC's

19. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

Christmas came soon this year...

nate, Leemstradamus and Epistolarius like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.