1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa welcomes Porsche!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by AC Support, Jun 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robrace

robrace Gamer

Hi
    Generally, the stigma attached to ourselves at times is that we are playing games on computer which was the case with certain titles as one would have win races in order for more cars and tracks to become available.
    With AC as a pure simulator and with the Porsche license in place, we will only fighting lap times and the car itself....and as a pure motorsport enthusiast we could be driving a Porsche 917, 935, 936 or 956 which will not be easy. What this could result in is making ourselves become Simulation Race Drivers. We have entered into a new era here and while we wait for these DLC's to become available, let's get our hardware up todate.
    No offense but please don't drive the ionic Porsche 936 with a game pad and also invest in a triple screen layout which AC is fully compatible with and thereby increase the immersion factor.

Leemstradamus likes this.
  2. Makariel

Makariel Rookie

Fantastic news! I still have a hard time believing it and have re-watched the announcement over and over :)

3. Kompressor

Kompressor Gamer

I will be brief.
    CONGRATULATIONS!:cool:

4. Maxidyne

Maxidyne Hardcore Simmer

Thank you Kunos, and congratulations! Very exciting news.

5. tuuliaki

tuuliaki Rookie

Now how about this! This is so great, welcome Porsche DLCs to my Assetto Corsa! Life is good. I disliked EAs exclusivity from the beginning, they kind of robbed Porsche from simracers for twelve long years. And put the legendary cars in their silly arcade games. Huh. Kunos guys, you are winners, your hard work deserves all respect it gets, and much more.

6. Epocx

Epocx Alien

words can not describe this.
    console version will sell millions of copies.

congrats!

now give me a modern porsch pls.. ;)

7. TheDarkenn

TheDarkenn Racer

8. Yatzeck

Yatzeck Racer

9. Vel

Vel Simracer

Kunos Cats, BEST CATS! :):):)

f1webberfan likes this.
  10. TheDarkenn

TheDarkenn Racer

I prefer Aventador than 918, sorry...

11. yusupov

yusupov Alien

who cares? we get both! :D

12. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

OMG this is monumental!!! Congrats KUNOS!!! this is amazing news. More amazing than I'd ever expect. Ever. in the history of forever. You guys are amazing. Also the whole Porsche using your software for their simulators. Great stuff.

Just the politics of this alone is enough to throw up my hands and dance.

TDS and Tim Meuris like this.
  13. Crackez

Crackez Rookie

Hello to all the forum :)
    I have a question about the porsche DLC's, will it be on the PS4 right from the start or is it extra paid DLC's on the PS4?

14. Octane

Octane Simracer

I'm obviously not the biggest Porsche fan here. I'm a fan so don't get me wrong. That said, I watched the video and must say it gave me cold chills watching the legacy of Porsche. ...and the music was awesome! Nicely done on the promo video.

I remember somebody posting a video of Porsche cars in Assetto Corsa. It was at a Porsche test facility or showroom if I recall. That leads me to believe there are already some complete or nearly complete Porsche models for AC.

15. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Don't think anything was announced in that regard.

Porsche had simulator stands with Assetto Corsa at the Nürburgring 24h (someone did a video of that on Youtube) and again this week at Le Mans (Aris posted about that).

Octane and yusupov like this.
  16. Omelete

Omelete Racer

and now what?

17. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Continue doing what they've always done, Produce Kick A** content that tends to blow our socks off. Thats what. :rolleyes:

achristoffer, nate and Octane like this.
  18. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

Woooow. Great surprise. Please do me a favor. No discount for the DLC s this time. I will happily pay list price. Hou guys deserve to get paid

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

achristoffer and Epistolarius like this.
  19. Xez

Xez Simracer

Excellent news. Thanks Kunos. Really looking forward to starting the engines on these! :)

EDIT: By the way, congratulations on the fact that AC is getting the recognition from the manufacturers that it deserves.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
    Deleted member 113167 likes this.
  20. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

This is AWESOME guys. Well done !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.