1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Thrustmaster T500RS Wheel

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by fishfash, Jun 8, 2016.

1. fishfash

fishfash Rookie

Hi,

It has been mentioned previously here that officially supported wheels for the PS4 will function. Are there plans to support the Thrustmaster T500RS wheel? Thrustmaster support have listed the T500 on their support site with the following caveat. This decision is upon each game developer and will therefore vary from racing game to racing game.

Thrustmaster Official Support Site

Thanks.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Thrustmaster Software + t500rs Nov 6, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ps4 Thrustmaster t500rs working Jul 4, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Thrustmaster T500rs FFB issues on PS4 (non Pro). Jun 24, 2020
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Thrustmaster T500RS settings Jun 23, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS4 Pro Thrustmaster T500RS not working for ACC. Fixes? Jun 23, 2020
    ACC User Interface Thrustmaster t500rs D-Pad Jul 31, 2019
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Thrustmaster T500RS. Calibrates fine, doesn’t work in game! Apr 6, 2018
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Trouble getting a good feel with the Thrustmaster T500rs wheel Nov 6, 2016
    Steering wheels discussions Thrustmaster T500RS only has 90 degrees of lock Oct 14, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Thrustmaster T500RS straight line violent wobble Sep 4, 2016
    Steering wheels discussions Thrustmaster T500RS Reverse Gearbox Aug 29, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Question to T500RS and other Thrustmaster wheel users. May 24, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Thrustmaster T500RS D-Pad is not detected in settings Apr 30, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Thrustmaster T500RS left paddle shifter feels "numb" Mar 30, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Soft locks enabled and my thrustmaster t500rs Oct 9, 2015

3. Tberg

Tberg Alien

No, T500RS will never work for PS4.

Kidding!! :eek:

4. alex72

alex72 Alien

You already have the answer as you saw what Kunos said there.:

REMOVED BY MOD: that was for the XBOX ONE Version

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2016
    esox71 likes this.
  5. fishfash

fishfash Rookie

The T500 is not officially supported on the PS4.

Please can Kunos confirm if the T500 will work with AC on the PS4?

Thanks.

6. Maxidyne

Maxidyne Hardcore Simmer

The T500RS I had was licensed by Gran Turismo. So it has PS support. As long as the PS4 recognize the wheel there should be no problem.

7. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

A list of supported wheels for the PS4 version will be published as soon as possible, thanks.

8. fishfash

fishfash Rookie

Has a list of supported wheels for the PS4 version been published yet?

Thanks.

9. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

Might want to check your original Thrustmaster link.

10. fishfash

fishfash Rookie

I would rather hear it straight from the horse's mouth.

11. siemens321

siemens321 Rookie

T500 and T100 are wheels that are not officially supported by PS4 ,but they work perfect in all the racing games on PS4 like Driveclub, The Crew , Project Cars , Dirt Rally (T100 was tested personally by me in all those games and it works good). So i would wanna see these 2 wheels work on Assetto Corsa for PS4 too. Not to mention ,when the Project Cars got released on PS4, a huge amount of ppl that bought the game, rushed to buy a T100.

12. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I am interested in what models of the upper-league wheels, namely Fanatec gear, are compatible with AC on PS4, too. I am considering to leave Windows platform completely, since Microsoft has pissed me so seriously over he past 18 months, and I am also considering to get a better wheel for the PC AND PS4, but I do not want to buy an expensive kit if I cannot use it on console for AC, in case I indeed migrate to it completely.

Researching the issue, time and again had me ending up in threads on this problem with Project Cars. In PC they released a Fanatec wheel list, but I saw that not all of their wheel rims are compatible with PC on PS4. So you can end up having the wheelbase, but the wrong wheel nevertheless.

For those not knowing the problem, Sony has introduced security chips for PS3 and PS4 that third party manufacturers must build into their hardware to have the console recognising the hardware. Only then this hardware will work with just any game on console, since the console generally recognises the hardware. If that chip is missing, software developers, in this case Kunos, must compensate for that by including dedicated software software support for that given piece of hardware without such a chip, else the hardware will be useless in that given title. Thats why it is important that Kunos gives clear confirmation of what wheels and rims work, and what not, the Fanatec stuff still comes without such security chips at least for PS4, so it needs software support to be given to the game.

Sony got burnt with third party equipment that came in the dress of official PS equipment, but was of bad quality, giving Sony a bad name that way. Also, they want to cash on having their own wheel especially licensed and promoted as the official wheel for Gran Turismo 6. It cannot be ruled out that they will even release a PS4 firmware that bans all hardware that now functions by game's software support, to support their future official GT wheel, and lock out the competition. A worst case scenario, but Microsoft and its GWX campaign - that crossed the red line by a huge jump and more - taught us that nothing can be ruled out anymore.

I would like to buy a better wheel than my G27, but these considerations and my idea of abandoning Windows completely, hold me back since months. Right now I have an isolated Windows 7 that gets no longer updated and is banned form accessing Microsoft servers, as a game launcher only, everything else - EVERYTHING - I do under Linux Mint. There will be no Windows 10 on my system, nor any other Microsoft software. Im done with Microsoft, for life. Thats why I look for alternatives, to get my daily candy via Linux and console. Flight simming is already scrapped for the future. :(

As it is, AC will be my only driving interest on PS4.

13. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Hm, I ended in here by Google search :) Did not see there is also a more dedicated Fanatec thread, since I jumped the thread list. I copy my posting over to there. Sorry.

14. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

15. Chawabax

Chawabax Rookie

16. zatemz

zatemz Rookie

any official update on the t500rs compatibilty?

17. chances are if its not licensed for use on the ps4 then it may not work

18. BoereJack

BoereJack Gamer

please is there an update, other wise i have to cancel my pre order as pcars/driveclub/dirt all perfectly work with the t500rs, and i am not inclined to buy a new wheel for this.

19. zatemz

zatemz Rookie

Just saw this video :
    At e3 they were playing with a t500, I think I have my answer!

20. fishfash

fishfash Rookie

21. KJS

KJS Rookie

I'm having problems with my pedals. Throttle and clutch are switched. Does any know if this can be changed?