1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The Ferrari SF15-T power unit & driving advice.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Aristotelis, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I just fiddled with MGU-H mode.
    In Hotlap setting of MGU-K deployment after the battery is empty, the MGU-H delivers some energy for the hybrid system, but the amound differs quiet a bit between "battery" and "motor" modes.

With empty battery and mode set to motor the electric power meter shows about 20-25% support, but with mode set to battery (with Hotlap mapping) it goes up to about the 70% like with a charged battery and can be used the complete way down long straight.

I think this is a bug, because the harvested energy from MGU-H should be the same regardless of send to the motor or battery?!?

PhilS13 likes this.
  2. lelinuxien52

lelinuxien52 Racer

Not sure.
    1st: The intensity needed to load battery and to power the MGU-K can be different.
    2nd: When you transform mechanical energy to electric energy and revert it back to mechanical, I think they are lot a losses.

(just 2 ideas, I'm not a F1 expert)

3. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

Absolutely insane. Geeking out pretty hardcore right now.

VenomSRT likes this.
  4. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

You're right, I was thinking similar things as a reason for it too, but factor 3 seems quite (/too) high.

Edit:
    But by that logic it should be the other way round.

MGU-H energy directly to the motor should be more efficient than the 3 times as powerful way of MGU-H to battery and from there to the motor.

(MGU-H to motor is weaker than MGU-H to battery and electric power support)

lelinuxien52 likes this.
  5. lelinuxien52

lelinuxien52 Racer

Let's wait last update (this night according the third post ?).

Schnipp likes this.
  6. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

OK. Just wanted to mention it in case it was missed until now.

7. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

I think you're right. Good catch!

The deployement you are seeing though is not coming from the MGU-H it is the normal hotlap one coming from ES. The bug is that the BATTERY mode continually prevents the battery from reaching full ZERO charge. It keeps it alive at 0.000something and the game is fooled into thinking it can deploy as usual.

Schnipp likes this.
  8. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Great simulation, but it's all too hard for me!

9. Rift Racer

Rift Racer Alien

The overtake button is max deployment.....

10. yusupov

yusupov Alien

yes, or very close; so is hotlap preset +mgu-h motor. id misread aris' post & thought he'd said it was set to be 70% at full power, rather than with mgu-h set to battery.

11. It's like flight simming :D

12. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Brilliant read Aris. Really nicely written. Could this info please be stickied?

ShredatorFIN likes this.
  13. RedLoto

RedLoto Racer

before this manual i just used all setting to charge and spam the Kers button like crazy:D
    thanks for the info Aris and Jon

14. bobthecow

bobthecow Rookie

But in real life, don't the drivers shift at the end of the blue leds?

15. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I think it doesn't matter that much at which revs you shift exactly, as the car has a very broad range of revs where it delivers hell of a torque.
    At least if you have electric power left. If you run out of juice, you're doomed.

16. shrapnel1977

shrapnel1977 Melancholia Enshrines All Triumph

This is a useful video for anyone wanting to monitor steering wheel stuff vs real life.

deni80s and AC_RAF like this.
  17. coret3x

coret3x Simracer

I think the battery may be larger than 4MJ, but the lap limit is 4MJ.

18. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

There is no limit on the battery capacity, except obviously weight and placement constraints. When we talk about 4MJ and 2MJ are all imposed energy back and forth management limits. Not battery capacity limits

coret3x and Schnipp like this.
  19. fantomas76

fantomas76 Racer

How does the AI manage all this stuff?

20. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Yeah it would make sense to have more but it looks like they can't. See left side.

[​IMG]

Seria17hri11er likes this.