1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

gpl owner says thank you Kunos

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by brause, Jul 21, 2016.

1. brause

brause Rookie

Hi all, hi Kunos, this is my feedback :)

every day, cant believe what I see on my track, it is a fantastic immersive feeling surround view and the triple Monitor App rocks. These are real milestones, AC was the reason to me to buy some more TFTs.

As a grand prix legends owner (and I admit, I speak for others gpl-owners too...) I am longing to see these magic old tracks like Mosport, Rouen, Mexiko and Kyalami. I am not so interested in snow or rain - I would rather prefer gpl tracks and surely pay for that effort if Assetto Corsa includes as a dlc these "old classic gp.legends tracks".

thank you very much to Kunos for this awesome sim!
    :)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Possible FFB Issue - Zolder 67 / GPL Ferrari 312 Feb 17, 2019
    Online Leagues / Championships room [AC GPL Mod] Grand Prix Legends Grand Prix League, the return! (from January) Dec 17, 2018
    Online Leagues / Championships room THE WINTER HELL GPL Mod - 1H RACE @ NORDSCHLEIFE - 19 DEC 2018 Dec 17, 2018
    Physics Bugs & Issues Hypercar Battle event @ Flugplatz Sep 12, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Ai laferrari/p1 flugplatz/general nords behavour Aug 23, 2015
    Tracks modding Flugplatz egelsbach slalom Feb 20, 2015
    Suggestions Features from gpl that would be great and needed Dec 22, 2014
    General modding discussion Aquaf1's career addons (gpl career added) Oct 26, 2014
    Chit Chat Room First online race since GPL... May 15, 2014
    Tracks modding GPL Files in blender? May 13, 2014
    Tracks modding [REQUEST] Targa Florio from GPL (rFactor) May 5, 2014
    Liveries gplay skins Jan 8, 2014
    Tracks modding Tracks from 67 (GPL) Nov 17, 2013
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Server Owners Mar 31, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions disgraceful treatment for consoles owners Aug 5, 2020

3. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

Fingers crossed that now with Red Bull Ring being released they might get to historic Spa or Silverstone (both had been announced early on in the game plans). Racedepartment has a very good Riverside track, which hosted an early GP.

4. fabT

fabT Alien

I'd like to see a 1967 F1 DLC.
    A few tracks and a few cars will suffice.

Other than track variants (Monza, Silverstone) , the only track i greatly miss in AC is Monaco ...

ekosan likes this.
  5. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

There are some more 1967 cars around... not the highest quality, but suitable to race against offline. Monaco would be a riot, but my favorite remains Spa.

6. fabT

fabT Alien

Sure but an offical DLC would be better and more suitable for MP too.
    I'll keep dreaming ...

7. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

Don't think I wouldn't agree ;)

Interestingly enough, the saying always goes that a "season-specific DLC" would not attract too many people (i.e. better to have one car each for different tastes). In the case of a "GPL Revival" I think it's one of the few things however that would sell like sliced bread.

Mogster likes this.
  8. fabT

fabT Alien

Ok name it like you prefer then :)
    I'll buy it even at twice the cost of other DLCs

9. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Well we do have Monza combined course, Silverstone 66/67 and possibly historic Spa on the way :cool:

I'm really hoping that historic Spa will be confirmed once Monza combined and Silverstone historic are in game. It's a large track and presumably would be a lot of work. As we have the surroundings for the Spielberg area and elevations from the recent scan the historic Oesterreich ring would seem like a goer, but what do I know... Historic Monaco would be dreamy, but licencing would probably be mega $$$$. A historic Nord/Sudschleife is another dream...

I admit I'm more interested in tracks than cars at this point, and before anyone says it yes, I'm aware there are a few mods available.

10. Am I right in thinking that a photo of a 1967 Ferrari 312 F1 car was posted here not too long ago? Was that from the Facebook page? I got the impression that it was a hint that we would be seeing this car in AC, but I am not certain.....

Mogster likes this.
  11. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

Going from GPL's excellent, challenging, exciting and sometimes scary AI to Assetto Corsa's sensible, easy to intimidate and ultimately rather dull AI was always a bit disappointing.

But the 1.7 patch is a big improvement and it sounds like there's a little more to come from the AI too.... maybe it'll tempt a few more GPLers over to AC. And then maybe some more modders who want to make historic content.

I'm beginning to think that AC might end up with the best AI seen in any sim, it doesn't display the unrealistic robotic swarm behaviour of some of the other sims that allegedly have the best AI.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  12. Mogster

Mogster Alien

It would be good to know how far back FOM's 2 F1 cars from the same season and you have to licence F1 rule goes... The thing is if you were Kunos would you just choose not to piss them off, make a 66 or 68 312?

Forza has the Lotus 49 1967, Brabham BT 24 1967 and Eagle Westlake T1G 1967... Hmmmm :)

13. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

Spielberg would be nice to have in the late 70s layout with the Hella-S, as we have a few cars from that era. It's not really a track suited for '67.

I'm afraid Silverstone looks a bit dull, as much as the place has history in spades it's not an interesting layout.

If I could dream, then get us the Bugatti Circuit (used only once for F1, in 1967)... and then expand it to a historic La Sarthe.

14. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

Sergio Loro makes good old tracks, he was track maker for gpl, he is working on monaco and old spa, but since modding has been shut down here, don't lmow what his current plans are or how his tracks are coming along :( , can check out the track section in modding too see what available

15. Tony Rickard

Tony Rickard Racer

Having tried the ASR 1991 F1 cars in AC, it takes me back to my Microprose Formula One GP days. Would love to have the skins and tracks to recreate the 1991 season!

16. Mogster

Mogster Alien

The Oesterreich ring opened in 69 iirc, for me that's not too much of a jump with 60s cars. The Hella chicane comes in the late 70s otherwise the layout looks pretty much the same until it all gets ripped up... We could have 2 layouts with and without the Hella chicane quite easilly, then you have a track that fits cars from 69 till the 90s.

I'm more interested in accurate track layouts than surroundings. As long as a track has the feel of the 60s or 70s then it doesn't bother me that the advertising hoardings may be wrong for 67. I'm happy to drive the 250F at Kunos's Monza 66, the car's a 50s car but as the road course layout of Monza didn't really change until the early 70s it's an OK compromise. I know there are history nuts that obsess on this stuff but for me it's about the driving.

17. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

First Race at Spielberg was in 1970, yes. It's not a terrible stretch for the '67s, and I'm not even sure out Litus 49 is really a '67 (tires are a tad wide). It would also give the Lotus 72 a home, the 98T too.

Mogster likes this.
  18. chakko

chakko Alien

Would be awesome, but i'm not sure how many people really would like something like that. The way i see it, with the redpack, the modern F1's are MUCH, MUCH more popular than the old Maserati. They're really great though, no doubt. But most want to be like Hamilton or Alonso, not like Fangio, or Jim Clark. ;)

But Monaco would be great, and the other old tracks too. Just a question whether Kunos really want to invest time and money in something most people would want to pass on, instead of concentrating on stuff most people want.

Christopher Low likes this.
  19. chakko

chakko Alien

Do we have Silverstone 66/67 already??

20. fabT

fabT Alien

I won't post the direct link here (a previous thread i started was removed i guess) but it seems there's an unofficial 1967 GP --PAY-- mod already.
    Go check on Google, look for "Grand Prix 1967 for Assetto Corsa".

I'm not related to that in any way, i'm just curious if that's supposed to work and worth it , as maybe somebody tried it out.

This said i'd like to get some offical DLC rather that any third party mod.

EDIT:
    hmm seems that mod is a NO-GO, judging from some racedepartments posts ... i guess ripped models.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  21. Mogster

Mogster Alien

No, that's why I said incoming.

Stefano has it on his track list in the streams, there are a couple of screenshots sneaked in here and there. With other things it seems to have been pushed to the back burner unfortunately.

chakko likes this.