1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The Ferrari SF15-T power unit & driving advice.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Aristotelis, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

disagree, I think Maggots is worse. Between Copse and Maggots, if you drive on the right side of the track in such a car and got the suspension pretty stiff, you can easily end up in the wall.
    Had this 2-3 times with the Exos. Just driving in a straight line and suddenly *boom* you're off.

Same thing can happen at Imola at around the start/finish line.

Actually to my experience the two new F1s are pretty stable on those bumps. With my last setup for the Exos, it was much much more nervous over such high speed bumps.

2. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Sorry but unless you've got time and laps on Kunos tracks in a motion rig, Ill just agree to disagree. Motion data backs up my point....Stowe can Spike the Heave axis upwards of 20-30 VS a normal corner might be 1-2 max.

3. don t know why people still telling white rpm light, its damn BLUE.

4. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

Not sure why Aris mentioned DRS 1 second rule...

Because in race 1 second rule not working.

You can activate DRS any time during the race what is completely wrong.
    No 1 second rule

5. Ozcanuck55

Ozcanuck55 Racer

Only in active DRS zone, though...AC is not yet an F1 race simulator as they said. Would be nice if we had AC with "F1 2015" niceties ( F1 rules, easier pit stops, safety car, rain etc.). You can leave out the horrible, unreliable peer to peer multiplayer system and erratic penalties. That would be another product, I believe, and appealing, unfortunately to a small audience. I'd buy it, even though I suck at F1. ( a bit off topic....sorry...thank you for all the tips in here.)

6. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

I knew before 1.7 release that Stefano never mentioned in streams that DRS race rules are ready and working... Its why Aris words can confuse people and I was confused... Stefano added it? what?... then I tested... no, no DRS race rules.

But Aris is saying 1 sec rule is working... but in reality - it isnt... :) not good I think :)

Aris: This is freely usable in practice and qualifying sessions, but restricted in the race to being used only when within one second of the car in front.

7. ziozeus

ziozeus Racer

This is a real f1 description not written by aris, as he states... only game part is the one talking about AC ers predefined sets maybe. Be gentle. Try to understand once again that wheter we accept these flaws or we would end up with no communication at all from the devs

8. lelinuxien52

lelinuxien52 Racer

Just a question concerning the rear axle. Both configuration are similar (I mean in terms of drive /retardation /braking distance) or not :
    - Low level regen MGU-K and high level Engine Brake
    - High level regen MGU-K and low level Engine Brake

9. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I think there are some differences.
    High engine brake has a stronger effect when you off throttle but don't brake either than high regen and high regen has a bigger effect while braking than high engine brake.

FYI: engine brake has an effect on fuel consumption. I did a comparison at Nürburgring GP and RedBull Ring, with engine brake set to 12 the consumption was 3-3.5% lower than set to 2, but the car is less stable at 12 on turn-in and mid-corner. (probably also more stress/wear on tires)

So if you car has oversteer on turn-in or mid-corner than I think less engine brake helps more than less regen.

lelinuxien52 likes this.
  10. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

Drove this last night, it's an amazing piece of work technically.

I would however like the ability to create my own profiles, or tweak existing ones. I find the only one that is entirely predictable so far the Hotlap one. The rest just flies you unpredictably off the circuit if you're say full throttle in 3rd and shift up to 4th and 100% deployment kicks in. Or if you're under 50% throttle and you go over 50% and suddenly boom you're in the wall without warning.

I'd like the ability to set profiles that only kick in after say 90% throttle, or even 95%, because there isn't much use having it on 50% throttle anyway as you are already kinda threading the throttle at that stage. The last thing I want at that stage is a sudden increase in power. Or alternatively I'll set it to always kick in at 0% power, so that the power delivery is at least linear, and have a lower multiplier.

Also, is my SOC supposed to always be around 80%? Doesn't it need to go to like at least 20-30% at some stages? After it goes above 77%, it never seems to go below that again.

But overall, very impressed! So immersive taking an hour just to figure out which settings work best.

The current settings I use so far that I find nice for a race, are:
    - MGU-K Deploy: Hotlap
    - MGU-K Regen: 60%
    - MGU-H Mode: Battery
    - Engine Brake: 10

Is there any good reason not to use these during the race?

That reminds me, would we ever be allowed to save these settings in the setup in future? It is a tad frustrating having to set all these every time one joins a server.

But overall :)

11. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Regen I also use 70% (+/-10%)

I use Hotlap, Overtake or Top Speed, depending on the track.
    Hotlap runs out of allow use per lap at Monza between Ascari and Parabolica, at Spa on exit of Paul Frere (T15), that last right turn to the fast part to Blanchimont. Plus Overtake and Top Speed aren't as powerful as Hotlap in lower gears so I find them easier to control out of slow corners.

Engine brake I use from 5 to 8 (sometimes more) because I don't like low engine brake so the cars almost not slowing down off throttle. Set to 2-3 it always feels like throttle is open to keep constant speed and I like to do that myself.

But Battery mode I never use, somehow Motor mode gives more power with less battery use. I think that there is a bug or the physics are wrong here.
    I have read this from several users.

With that I use 80-100% of allowed electric power per lap, close to the max. HP possible for that time while having a constant SOC.

(But I think the regen per lap is too high in the game and not realistic.)

12. Dewald Nel

Interesting information. :)

Admittedly I've only used it at Hungary, which will probably have a lot less battery usage than Spa, or Monza, for example. This is why Hotlap probably works well for me at the moment.

Regarding engine brake map I'm the exact opposite. :D In rFactor 1 I used to use 0 most of the time(which was actually the highest setting, opposite to AC, rFactor 2 does the same, still no idea why though). I just like to brake later, and let the engine braking bring the front in - I guess it's more driving style/preference related, and either way is not really faster or better.

Regarding MGU-H mode, it makes sense in a way that Motor uses less battery, as the MGU-H is directly supplementing the engine, so less power is being consumed from the battery. In Battery, it supplies the battery, but the engine isn't getting any power directly from MGU-H now, so it needs to consume more from the battery. I'm also assuming that recharging the battery consumes some of the power of the MGU-H charge. That's the way I understand it anyway, but I may be way wrong on this, and probably am.

Regarding the regen rate, I totally agree, this sounds exactly like what I'm referring to too regarding SOC staying so high. I hope this will be updated sometime. :)

Before last night I wouldn't even pretend to know how all this works, now I feel I understand like at least 50% of it. Kunos - doing a better job at educating the people than the South African government. :p

13. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

That would be right for the same power output.
    But take a MGU-K mode that has 70% electric power output:
    With battery mode the energy come partially from the MGU-H, the rest out of the battery.
    With motor mode the system takes 70% out of the battery and adds the MGU-H enegery to that, so you get almost 100% power output.

So in motor mode you have more power, take more energy from the battery and SOC is higher than with battery mode after a lap. IMO that's just wrong.
    Battery mode should use less capacity since basicly it would discharge 45% of the electric power with the roughly 25% of MGU-H to get to the combined of 70% power output.

14. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Schnipp likes this.
  15. Dewald Nel

Had to read that a few times to get it right. :)

You are right. I get what you mean now. But I think only partially. In motor mode, theoretically it should take the same amount from the battery as in battery mode, all other things being equal. But as you say, SOC should be higher in battery mode.

16. Dewald Nel

Wait, who said they're white?!

But if I remember correctly, some post-processing settings in the past on other F1 cars did in fact make the blue lights white, so maybe this is what is happening.

17. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Sorry, I was never particularly good at explaining things to others.
    I'm from Germany, so doing it in technical english is even harder.

Vel likes this.
  18. Dewald Nel

No your English is fine. It's just the concept that's confusing. :)

And it doesn't help that I'm not a native English speaker either.

Vel and Schnipp like this.
  19. DuckeyTapey

DuckeyTapey Hardcore Simmer

Are you talking about the number above SOC on the display? Since that's just the water temperature.

20. Dewald Nel

Lol.

Thanks for clarifying. On iRacing MP4-30 that's the same place as the charge.

Where did you find out that it is the water temp? Is there some steering wheel guide somewhere?